2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

4 hours ago, Ugochukwu583 said:

who has an idea how many applicants are invited for interview in a typical school? and how many gets in. 

For my one interview at Weill, my chances of getting in are 28% (70 spots for 250 interviewees) though this combines 5 phd programs, not specifically for neuroscience. I was told there were more than 900+ applicants this year. As someone else said, it depends on the program.

Edited by brkkmnkk
Forgot a detail

9 hours ago, GibonFrog said:

Is this the DYNS program?

The PBS program! The probably have similar admission structures though since you go straight into a lab. It's just the first school where I have been contacted by a PI directly rather than the program director, so I am not even sure if this is an actual interview or not. 

On 1/7/2022 at 2:09 AM, Ugochukwu583 said:

anyone heard from any of these schools?

harvard

stanford

yale (interdepartmental neuroscience program)

princeton

emory

wustl

cold spring harbour 

uni of utah

brown uni

duke uni (neurobiology. 

Got interviews at Stanford, Yale (INP), Emory, Brown and Duke. Don't know about the others 

1 hour ago, Neuropsy said:

Does anyone know how long does Stanford's invites keep rolling for? Do they do it over the course of 1-2 days/weeks..etc? 

Any key information is appreciated!

Looking at past years, phone calls/emails were sent to everyone within 2-3 days. only 30-40 interview slots

7 hours ago, whotfisSarahTonin said:

Looking at past years, phone calls/emails were sent to everyone within 2-3 days. only 30-40 interview slots

Since they started Thursday, I am assuming they are not done yet? possibly there will be some going out Monday.

Do they ask people to RSVP? and if people say no, they send out more invites? 

31 minutes ago, winstonian3 said:

Do people know generally whether/when schools send rejection emails? I was hoping to know for sure about which schools I was rejected from by the time I start interviews

What are you basing your presumed UT Austin rejection on? Just wondering because I haven't heard anything either.

13 minutes ago, green_228 said:

What are you basing your presumed UT Austin rejection on? Just wondering because I haven't heard anything either.

There was a chunk of people that heard a couple weeks ago but nobody since. I haven't heard anything, therefore I assume I'm not getting invited to an interview. I'm starting to assume I'm not getting an interview from Stanford either, but haven't quite lost hope yet. 

On 1/7/2022 at 8:41 PM, neuro7 said:

Has anyone heard from Northwestern? (through NUIN, not IBS or their other grad program). If so, when are the interviews?

I got an invitation from NUIN and the interviews are on 1/14, 1/28, and 2/11. Hope this helps!

Edited by wjs38

On 1/9/2022 at 11:21 AM, 567nueron said:

anyone know if these schools are done sending out interviews? Stanford, UPitt, UMich, Columbia, UPenn NGG, UVermont ? 

Received interviews from Stanford and Michigan. Have not heard from Pitt, Columbia (but I think they are done), or Penn. Did not apply to Vermont. Hope it helps!