2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

On 1/7/2022 at 1:39 PM, green_228 said:

Has anyone heard back from UT Austin neuro since the new year? Also has anyone heard back from UMich neuro who applied direct and not through PiBS? Thanks!

Any updates on UT Austin? The only place I've heard nothing from. Nobody has posted acceptances or rejections on the results page...

On 2/21/2022 at 1:18 PM, NeuroRanger said:

Anyone receive an acceptance from McGill IPN?

I got an acceptance to McGill's IPN Rotation program back on Feb 7 but I know the rotation has a different deadline and timeline than the straight thesis track PhD. Which one did you apply for and did you secure a supervisor if you didn't apply for rotation?

On 2/15/2022 at 9:20 PM, NeuroRanger said:

Did they tell you when they will notify you of their decision?  Are you an international applicant or a Canadian applicant?

Sorry, I just saw this somehow!! They sent me my acceptance 3 days later. I am an international applicant (US) but they said that for the rotation specifically, they were going to let everyone know by the 7th of Feb. 

On 2/26/2022 at 8:16 AM, winstonian3 said:

Any updates on UT Austin? The only place I've heard nothing from. Nobody has posted acceptances or rejections on the results page...

I interviewed with them last Friday and Saturday but haven't heard anything back yet. They said the admissions committee was meeting sometime this week and they will send out official decisions sometime after that but I don't know much more, sorry to not be more helpful! 

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I couldn't find an answer anywhere else- but do y'all have any advice on what to wear to these in-person "accepted" student days ? it's not an interview anymore but I'm still going to be meeting with faculty that I may want to rotate with so I'm not exactly sure how "dressed up" I should get.....

1 hour ago, dialga said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I couldn't find an answer anywhere else- but do y'all have any advice on what to wear to these in-person "accepted" student days ? it's not an interview anymore but I'm still going to be meeting with faculty that I may want to rotate with so I'm not exactly sure how "dressed up" I should get.....

Just do casual. At this point, you can dress up however you'd dress up for a regular day in the lab :)

Hi guys

Wanted to thank y'all for everything this admission cycle. Things have fortunately worked out well for me and I've decided to join CMU. Wish me luck! Anyone also going to Pittsburgh please feel free to message!

Good luck to you all.  :)

20 minutes ago, abineuro said:

I was wondering this as well, I also interviewed for the IPN. I haven't heard anything. 

I just interviewed last week. They said we could hear back anywhere from 10 days until sometime in April. 

25 minutes ago, abineuro said:

Congrats! Can I ask if you received notification via email or phone call? Did you hear from a specific PI or the program director?

Thanks! It was an email from the director. I have not gotten the official letter yet. 

32 minutes ago, soccergirl00 said:

has anyone else heard from Georgetown IPN after the acceptance that was received above last week on 3/10? 

I haven't heard from them ; although I already know I was waitlisted. I'm very confused about the person who just received an interview. I emailed them on Monday but haven't heard back. I imagine they're busy with the incoming (accepted) students

1 minute ago, amb347 said:

I haven't heard from them ; although I already know I was waitlisted. I'm very confused about the person who just received an interview. I emailed them on Monday but haven't heard back. I imagine they're busy with the incoming (accepted) students

I emailed them monday too and did not hear back! How do you know that you are waitlisted, if you dont mind me asking? 

2 hours ago, soccergirl00 said:

I emailed them monday too and did not hear back! How do you know that you are waitlisted, if you dont mind me asking? 

I emailed back in December when they started sending out interview invites ?

2 hours ago, soccergirl00 said: