PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

Hi! Just received an acceptance to GW's Health Policy PhD program. Very grateful for this acceptance, and this was one of my top choices, but did not include funding. As I've already confirmed with another institution, I will decline this offer.

I'm hoping anyone waitlisted here will get in!

On 2/15/2022 at 9:47 AM, NervousPotato said:

Hi! I have already declined interviews for the following programs (as I am well-settled with my one acceptance and have already confirmed that I will attend). I hope anyone of you will end up in one or more of them:

1. University of Rochester PhD in Health Services Research
  2. University of Iowa PhD in Health Services and Policy
  3. Virginia Commonwealth University PhD in Healthcare Research and Policy

I also received rejections from Brown University and the University of Minnesota.

Best of luck everyone! 

Failed to mention as well that I received a rejection from JHSPH's Health Services Research and Policy program late last week.

Here's where I'm at so  far:

Interviews [no decision yet]: BU DrPH, Dartmouth PhD Health Policy and Clinical Practice, Emory Global Health and Development

Accepted: UMass Amherst PhD Health Policy and Management, UNC PhD Maternal and Child Health, UW PhD Global Health (Implementation Science track)

Rejected: Brown PhD Health Services Research, UMinn Health Services Research, Policy, and Administration, WashU PhD Public Health Sciences

No word yet: GWU Global Health, Johns Hopkins SBI, Johns Hopkins DrPH (Implementation Science), Tulane International Health and Sustainable Development, UBC Population and Public Health, UPitt Behavioral and Community Health Sciences, Yale SBS

Edited by publichealthPhD
Did not complete post

I still have not heard from Indian, UNMC and Rutgers. Reached out to all 3 and was told on the 7th that within a week or so would hear, rejection or acceptance, so no silent rejection which is nice. But has anyone heard from any of those schools yet regarding their DrPH programs?

1 minute ago, DrPH2022WI said:

I still have not heard from Indian, UNMC and Rutgers. Reached out to all 3 and was told on the 7th that within a week or so would hear, rejection or acceptance, so no silent rejection which is nice. But has anyone heard from any of those schools yet regarding their DrPH programs?

I also reached out to Rutgers on the 7th and was told within a week or so. And still no word. I have been way too excited to hear from them early since they'd originally (a few months ago) stated that decisions would go out in late January. Then it was first week of Feb. Then a week or so. And now we're into the 3rd. I know "a week or so" could mean 2 weeks or more, so I'm trying to remind myself of that. But I'm super anxious to hear from them. I don't have any apps into your other places so can't speak to them. 

2 minutes ago, DrPHPlans said:

I also reached out to Rutgers on the 7th and was told within a week or so. And still no word. I have been way too excited to hear from them early since they'd originally (a few months ago) stated that decisions would go out in late January. Then it was first week of Feb. Then a week or so. And now we're into the 3rd. I know "a week or so" could mean 2 weeks or more, so I'm trying to remind myself of that. But I'm super anxious to hear from them. I don't have any apps into your other places so can't speak to them. 

Thanks for the quick response! Yea i do not know what may caused this delay in response from them but I really hope we hear by end of the week! I have not seen any one in here applying to Indiana or UNMC but knew were atleast few others for Rutgers so thought i would clump and see what happens hah. You guys will be first to know whenever I hear something.

44 minutes ago, epi2022 said:

Has anyone applied to the joint PhD program at UCSD/SDSU, especially the Epi track? Did you hear back from them? Thanks!

Also applied there, but for their Health Behavior. I think they tend to release admissions later than other schools according to previous threads. I saw acceptances on the results page in March ?

1 hour ago, DrPH2022WI said:

Thanks for the quick response! Yea i do not know what may caused this delay in response from them but I really hope we hear by end of the week! I have not seen any one in here applying to Indiana or UNMC but knew were atleast few others for Rutgers so thought i would clump and see what happens hah. You guys will be first to know whenever I hear something.

I applied to Indiana as well and haven't heard back. I haven't reached out to them for an update, but thank you for sharing!

1 hour ago, FuturePhDPls said:

Also applied there, but for their Health Behavior. I think they tend to release admissions later than other schools according to previous threads. I saw acceptances on the results page in March ?

Oh thanks! Yeah I saw those posts too:). Fingers crossed for us and hopefully we can hear back soon.

On 2/15/2022 at 12:53 PM, GenoTheCat said:

Congrats, and best of luck on your interview!

Interested to hear if anyone else has heard anything from Drexel. I applied to their health services research program and this is the final program that I haven't heard back from. I haven't seen them mentioned much here. 

I heard from Drexel in late January and met with a POI to talk about my research interest. The last I heard was about two weeks ago that I would hear soon but I have not heard anything back yet. 

1 hour ago, DrPH Hopeful 2022 said:

I applied to Indiana as well and haven't heard back. I haven't reached out to them for an update, but thank you for sharing!

Another Indiana DrPH applicant here and I haven't heard anything yet. I'll be sure to update if and when I hear something!

12 minutes ago, PH2022 said:

Another Indiana DrPH applicant here and I haven't heard anything yet. I'll be sure to update if and when I hear something!

Awesome! Nice to see a few Indiana appliers here. No shot anyone applied to Nebraska huh? hah

Rutgers DrPH folks -- I've been accepted! I am so thrilled and in disbelief. This is my first doctorate cycle and so far I've just received a rejection, so I am just so absolutely happy about this. I have really loved every interaction with Rutgers so I know it'll be great if I accept. 

I applied to the fellowship program at JHU so since that'd be full funding, I'd probably have to choose that one if I get in. But that's getting accepted to that program plus the fellowship, so I'm not holding my breath too hard there. In any case, check your emails. 

25 minutes ago, DrPHPlans said:

Rutgers DrPH folks -- I've been accepted! I am so thrilled and in disbelief. This is my first doctorate cycle and so far I've just received a rejection, so I am just so absolutely happy about this. I have really loved every interaction with Rutgers so I know it'll be great if I accept. 

I applied to the fellowship program at JHU so since that'd be full funding, I'd probably have to choose that one if I get in. But that's getting accepted to that program plus the fellowship, so I'm not holding my breath too hard there. In any case, check your emails. 

Wooooo-hoooo! Congratulations to you! ?

57 minutes ago, DrPHPlans said:

Congrats to you!!  Haven't received any communication from them since submitting the application, so feeling a bit discouraged. Did you interview with them at all? Also waiting to hear back from JHU (Implementation Science). You're still in the door and that's great!

1 minute ago, BossMomDrPH said:

Congrats to you!!  Haven't received any communication from them since submitting the application, so feeling a bit discouraged. Did you interview with them at all? Also waiting to hear back from JHU (Implementation Science). You're still in the door and that's great!

Thank you! I did not interview with them. I just attended an event at one point in the fall, then spoke with them at a PH grad fair a little while ago when they told me when to expect decisions, and then that allowed me to email last week to ask about decisions. I've only interacted with them because I bug everyone. ?

I don't think they interview. I wish you luck! And also for JHU! I applied to their PH Informatics track. Implementation Science is a really cool one too. Keep us posted!

6 minutes ago, DrPHPlans said:

Thank you! I did not interview with them. I just attended an event at one point in the fall, then spoke with them at a PH grad fair a little while ago when they told me when to expect decisions, and then that allowed me to email last week to ask about decisions. I've only interacted with them because I bug everyone. ?

I don't think they interview. I wish you luck! And also for JHU! I applied to their PH Informatics track. Implementation Science is a really cool one too. Keep us posted!

Interesting. I did visit the campus in 2020, since I'm local (right before COVID hit). And spoke with a few professors, though at that time they had paused their DrPH programs. Fingers crossed that we hear from JHU very soon.   Congrats again, you know now you've got an option!