University of Toronto Applicants MSW 2021

Empathymatters

The nerves are real!! I hardly slept a wink last night, and I've been up studying since 5am trying to distract myself. I wonder how many acceptances have gone out in total, beyond the people engaging in this forum. 

2 minutes ago, amesyall said:

The nerves are real!! I hardly slept a wink last night, and I've been up studying since 5am trying to distract myself. I wonder how many acceptances have gone out in total, beyond the people engaging in this forum. 

Same. I woke up at 3:30 and haven't been able to sleep since. I'm actually glad I have to go into work at noon because I think I need the distraction! 

2 hours ago, BingBongBingBong said:

Hey so I was in a similar boat a few weeks ago and was almost sent into a panic the moment I first read about an acorn login. I never got anything either so I really want to help you out. The catch is I'm kind of a dingus so my instructions probably aren't the clearest and I haven't had my morning coffee yet. 

Step 1. Go to the sgs application page and login. 

Step 2. Click on the profile update tab. 

Step 3. Copy and paste the section of u of t student number (see pic below) 

Step 4: take that bad boy (the student number) to this link over here https://uoft.me/enable. The number you just copied is for the student number field. 

Step 5: I am not sure about how consistent they are with usernames for the username field but mine is just my "lastnamefirstinitalsoffirstname1". So if "Bing Bong" was my actual name my username would be "BingBo1". If that format doesn't work I'd send admissions.sgs@utoronto.ca a message asking for it. 

Step 6. Follow the process through and acorn would be set up

When you get in, and get the valedictorian award when you graduate. Tell them BingBongBingBong sent you. ?

Screenshot_20210409-065047_Chrome.jpg

one more annoying question - where can i find my application status on acorn? a few people have had acorn update and not sgs or email, but i can't seem to find anywhere on acorn with my application status?! i hate technology! 

9 minutes ago, mswwaitingcatlover said:

one more annoying question - where can i find my application status on acorn? a few people have had acorn update and not sgs or email, but i can't seem to find anywhere on acorn with my application status?! i hate technology! 

There isn't a place for application status. You'll see when the dashboard changes! It should say "INVITED" in orange letters and have something about a $500 deposit. You can see pics of this in the other forum

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 9.22.34 AM.png

Edited by Waiting4AdmissionDecisions
Edited to add the picture someone else posted in the other forum - mine's a little different since im a current student

1 hour ago, patientlywaiting98 said:

I am in the same situation right now. I don't think I ever received a JOINid. Do you think it makes a difference the I am a UofT alum and already have any Acorn account from my undergrad? Was anyone else in this situation? Would appreciate any advice.

Are you not able to log in with your regular utorid? If you started at UofT within the last 7 years (at least) you would've received a joinid at the time, but i don't think i ever used it after I started attending and can't see a reason why you'd need it now. Is it asking for it somewhere when you try to log in?

Edited by Waiting4AdmissionDecisions

Starting to think this year just isn’t my year! I kind of expected it though as I’m applying right out of undergrad (graduating this month) but I felt pretty good about my application! Nonetheless, I’m really hoping all you second-half-of-the-alphabet applicants hear back today! It’s been so nice to see that people are actually hearing back and like many of you have said, you all sound like amazingly empathetic and kind individuals! No wonder the competition is so intense lol :) 

41 minutes ago, Waiting4AdmissionDecisions said:

Are you not able to log in with your regular utorid? If you started at UofT within the last 7 years (at least) you would've received a joinid at the time, but i don't think i ever used it after I started attending and can't see a reason why you'd need it now. Is it asking for it somewhere when you try to log in?

It asks for a JOINid and student number/applicant number to log in. I tried using my UTORid in the section where it asks for a JOINid but that didn't seem to work. Maybe I missed an email or something? How did you go about getting access? I appreciate the response btw! Thank you so much.

2 minutes ago, patientlywaiting98 said:

It asks for a JOINid and student number/applicant number to log in. I tried using my UTORid in the section where it asks for a JOINid but that didn't seem to work. Maybe I missed an email or something? How did you go about getting access? I appreciate the response btw! Thank you so much.

That's so strange! That's what's happening when you try to log in here: acorn.utoronto.ca ? Might need to email someone then, I have no idea! On the bright side, im hopeful that if the change happens during business hours, that you'd also get an email and sgs might change.

Okay so for peeps that have a UofT undergrad, was you regular ACORN account with your UTORid updated when you applied through SGS? My ACORN account doesn't have any information about my Graduate applications. Kinda stressing cause my last name starts will L and it seems like most people were notified on ACORN first.

Just now, patientlywaiting98 said:

Okay so for peeps that have a UofT undergrad, was you regular ACORN account with your UTORid updated when you applied through SGS? My ACORN account doesn't have any information about my Graduate applications. Kinda stressing cause my last name starts will L and it seems like most people were notified on ACORN first.

My ACORN account looks the same as it did when I was in undergrad. I don't think anything changes aside from being invited to a graduate program if you are accepted 

2 hours ago, Kal008 said:

Same. I woke up at 3:30 and haven't been able to sleep since. I'm actually glad I have to go into work at noon because I think I need the distraction! 

I didn't get a good sleep either.. I am glad that work can be a distraction.