University of Toronto Applicants MSW 2021

Empathymatters

3 hours ago, Waiting4AdmissionDecisions said:

Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group yet for the 2y?

3 hours ago, 1996Msw2021 said:

There isn’t as of yet, I was going to make one by the end of the week once everyone received their letters and hopefully made a decision but feel free to also take the initiative if you want to make it sooner :) 

My friend created one! Please join if you haven't already :)https://www.facebook.com/groups/1071656829976018

On 4/15/2021 at 9:03 AM, MSW2020lm said:

Has anyone moved off the waitlist? Or will this happen in June? 

I know someone who got off the waitlist June 15 a couple years ago though.. I think June is the sweet spot but it all just depends.. I also know people who have waited until August and got waitlisted in April so there IS hope :)  

1 hour ago, teaandSW21 said:

I know someone who got off the waitlist June 15 a couple years ago though.. I think June is the sweet spot but it all just depends.. I also know people who have waited until August and got waitlisted in April so there IS hope :)  

Thanks, good to know :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 2:26 PM, mswwaitingcatlover said:

For those who got accepted, when do you have to make the decision by? 

(I'm waitlisted so trying to figure out the earliest I could potentially be hearing) 

I've seen a few people who were speculating, but has anyone been able to confirm? Or can one of the folks who got accepted let us know?  ? Waitlisted and worried!

On 5/3/2021 at 1:05 PM, Waiting4AdmissionDecisions said:

Can confirm that it was 3 weeks from the date of the letter. Deadline for the deposit was June 1st.

Mine said 4 weeks from the date of the letter, so I only just accepted my offer! But yes deadline for deposit says June 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have not heard from the waitlist yet, I am hoping it'll move after June 1. There is hope, I do know quite a few people who got waitlisted in april and got accepted in june-august range... (earliest june 15)

Edited by teaandSW21

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Did anyone who applied for OGS at UofT receive an email? I don't know where they are talking about to view the result. Here's part of the email: 

Dear OGS applicant,

The Selection Committee for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program (OGS) at the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, University of Toronto has completed the adjudication process for the 2021-2022 OGS awards. Please login to the School of Graduate Studies Forms Tool to view your result.

Hi guys! Hope you're all doing well. 

I was placed on the waitlist, and I just received an email from UofT that I can apply for OSAP for the 2021-2022 academic year. I'm super confused lol does anyone know what this means? Or was it just a mistake?

23 hours ago, MSW2021v said:

Just got an email from Angela offering me a spot for September :). I was originally wait-listed.  Sounds like they've started going through the wait-list!

Congrats!!!! So excited for you.

Do you mind sharing some of your experience/GPA you had when you applied? Dying over here and want to see if I have a good chance of getting off the waitlist myself LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...