MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

On 2/3/2022 at 11:52 AM, veronica58 said:

Has anyone heard from DAL yet? I need to give my deposit to U of C by Feb 18 but DAL is my first choice, hopefully I don’t have to throw away $500!

I wonder if it would be worth talking with an advisor at U of C to see if they ever extend the deadlines? I was accepted into the 2-year online program for U of C and my deadline to accept isn't until February 23rd - maybe they would be willing to give a few more weeks? Good luck with your Dal decision!

On 1/26/2022 at 1:59 PM, MSW-Advanced Standing said:

wow, congratulations ! Calgary is one of the faster programs released the result!

would you mind sharing your exp and education background please

On 1/29/2022 at 4:14 PM, IrisMSW-ITR said:

Congratulations!! I also received my acceptance for U of C’s 2 year clinical program. Are you doing in-person or online learning? I’ll be taking the online/blended route. 

Congratulations! I was accepted into the 2-year clinical online program (for some reason I lost the thread and hadn't seen any of the posts about U of C and was wondering what had happened??). I'm waiting to talk to an advisor to clarify about zoom classes for the online program because when I was looking more at the schedules for the upcoming terms, it seems they have a lot more synchronous lectures (classes are listed for two days a week, three hours each) than was mentioned on their website or any of the info sessions I attended. Does anyone know more about this?

For those asking about background: I have a BSW as well as a B.A. in Human Rights, a certificate in Criminology, and a certificate in ASL and Deaf Studies. I get super confused trying to translate GPAs from different schools but my average across all programs was A+. I have 6 years post-BSW full-time experience in a social work position and I am also the program coordinator for the program (someone had strongly advised me to highlight any management experience in my applications). In my application, I basically linked all of my work experience and volunteer experience to social work/social justice dating back to high school (it seemed like a long way back to go but that's what they said to do in one of the info sessions I attended and I guess it worked!).

Good luck to everyone anxiously waiting - take a moment to breathe!

3 hours ago, PESocialW said:

I have a DAL letter at home waiting for me, my father sent me a photo. I am from PEI. I will open at 4pm. Everyone check your mail boxes. 

Ohhh good luck!! I checked my mailbox and nothing there yet... trying really hard to not read too much into that and hoping for tomorrow. 

Just now, ChipDip said:

Are you in Ontario? there was nothing for me either

No, I'm in the same city, about a 20 minute drive from the University....So not getting it today has me sweating a bit. 

Just now, Aslwin said:

No, I'm in the same city, about a 20 minute drive from the University....So not getting it today has me sweating a bit. 

I’m sure you’ll get something soon! I know it’s so stressful, I feel the same way, but it’s early to tell yet like you said! You got this

Questions about U of T updated transcripts.:
Has anyone else mailed an updated transcript to U of T? Is there a way to email them or attach it to Acorn? Not knowing if they'll receive my updated transcript in time is making me so anxious! If they get my update.. I have a really good chance of getting in... but if they don't I will most certainly get rejected.

Edited by ShaDiMSW2022

1 hour ago, PESocialW said:

I did not get accepted to Dal. fingers crossed for anyone else waiting!

Oh I'm sorry to hear! This is the 3rd year of me attempting to get into my MSW, so I know rejection well. Hopefully you hear better news from other applications you've submitted. And if not, good luck in the future if you plan on applying again!

15 hours ago, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

Questions about U of T updated transcripts.:
Has anyone else mailed an updated transcript to U of T? Is there a way to email them or attach it to Acorn? Not knowing if they'll receive my updated transcript in time is making me so anxious! If they get my update.. I have a really good chance of getting in... but if they don't I will most certainly get rejected.

You might want to contact admission or Angela on this.  I don't think they need mailed in transcripts until you get accepted, and so for updates made maybe contact and see that they say

42 minutes ago, ChipDip said:

I applied for in person full time, the 2-year program

41 minutes ago, greenteaicecream said:

in person full time. i'm a non-bsw applicant who did combined honours undergrad at dal 

30 minutes ago, Aslwin said:

I applied to the in person, full time, one year program

Ohhh ok, I did my BSW at Dal and applied for part time online, I wonder if they send all the letters out at the same time??

1 hour ago, CosmicVibes said:

Does anyone know when UOFT advanced standing applicants might hear back? And does anyone’s application still say “submitted” for their application status? 

Hey... My U of T Advanced standing application still says submitted. I havent seen many posts that they have changed, but not sure if im wrong about this. I think usually advanced standing here back Mid/Late Feb/First week of March.... I applied a few years ago and thats what I heard.

I applied to UBC, Mcgill, U of T and York for advanced standing. I have a BSW from York, and almost 4000 hours of Social Service experience! Im praying for an acceptance! Does anyone know when Mcgill usually releases acceptances? My profile changed to "in review" a few weeks ago but still nothing!

Edited by hello121212