MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

Congrats to all that have gotten into uoft 2 year so far! What a journey it has been. My last name is G so I’m hoping myself and some others are in the next round.. surprised to see them release so late into the evening I guess it’ll restart tomorrow 

Edited by teaandSW21

44 minutes ago, teaandSW21 said:

was it your first time applying? they have a new system but you should have been emailed a login for acorn if you were a first time applicant. Not to worry though, they send you and email and it'll show in the applicant system too (where you have the checklist and uploaded everything)

Thanks for your response! I applied to UofT like 10 years ago for my undergrad (gosh I feel old now lo), so maybe I already have one? I'll do some investigating. Keeping my fingers crossed that I receive an email soon!☺️

Edited by Shelbyhope16

39 minutes ago, BingBongBingBong said:

What was your CV experience looking like going in? Congrats

Thank you ❤️  I did my undergrad at UofT, it took me a while due to a bunch of life challenges that I experienced and talked about in my SOI. Currently doing a college diploma with a very strong social justice informed curriculum. I had around 2500 hours of experience in mental health & addictions advocacy, advisory roles, and program co-development. I've done both harm reduction and peer support work. I also have 500 hours of work experience with a social research company, where my work focuses on research & advocacy related to access to housing, food, income, and mental health & addictions services. I know that my references were also very strong. If you have any other questions please let me know. I hope this was clear!

2 hours ago, Shelbyhope16 said:

First time poster here! Congrats to all those who have heard from the U of T two year program! Everyone appears to be finding out their acceptance through ACORN. I was never directed to make an ACORN account when I applied to U of T. Am I missing something? 

Neither was I, and till do not have access. I emailed the program about but didn't get any response but someone suggested contacting the registrar or the SGS by phone. I called them on Friday and waited on hold for 45 minutes but then had to go back work ? I think we'll still be notified by the SGS application eventually though 

1 hour ago, Hoping_MSW said:

People who got accepted to Toronto 2 year and other universities, is toronto your first choice? Could anyone share their “rankings” in terms of personal choice ? 

Hey there! I also applied to UofTs MEd in Counselling and Psychotherapy but haven't heard back yet. And I'm currently waitlisted for UofTs School and Clinical Child Psych program. I'm undecided on whether I would do the MSW or Counselling program if I got accepted (i don't expect to come off waitlist for SCCP program). I did not apply to any other MSW programs though so if I don't get the counselling offer, I'll definitely be accepting the MSW.

9 hours ago, Hoping_MSW said:

People who got accepted to Toronto 2 year and other universities, is toronto your first choice? Could anyone share their “rankings” in terms of personal choice ? 

My top choice is UofT. I applied for an MSW and a Master of Public Health. Haven't heard back yet about the MPH, but the MSW at UofT is definitely number one for me.

15 hours ago, hopelessbuthoping said:

Yes that's what I mean, since my decision for Waterloo is due before I will hear back in the .005% chance I accept and end up sharing back that I also got accepted from Laurier would I be able to tell Waterloo I got another offer and accept Laurier's and no longer attend Waterloo. If that makes sense.

Yup! that's perfectly fine, many people do that :)

12 hours ago, Shelbyhope16 said:

First time poster here! Congrats to all those who have heard from the U of T two year program! Everyone appears to be finding out their acceptance through ACORN. I was never directed to make an ACORN account when I applied to U of T. Am I missing something? 

Also a first time poster AND applier to the program. Haven't received any info on how to log into acorn so I've been checking the application page incessantly haha. I would recommend keeping an eye out for an email or to see if the status changes from submitted to something else. Good luck!

so I have a theory for UofT... it seems like they started last night and each day they go through a round of the alphabet for applicants accepted (considering that early this morning someone heard with a B last name). My status on sgs still remains submitted, and I can login to my acorn as a repeat applicant but don't see any fee request (yet). The good news is no one has gotten waitlisted yet.. so maybe they are doing acceptances over the next few days and restart each day by going through the alphabet again? 

Edited by teaandSW21

4 minutes ago, teaandSW21 said:

so I have a theory for UofT... it seems like they started last night and each day they go through a round of the alphabet for applicants accepted (considering that early this morning someone heard with a B last name). My status on sgs still remains submitted, and I can login to my acorn as a repeat applicant but don't see any fee request (yet). The good news is no one has gotten waitlisted yet.. so maybe they are doing acceptances over the next few days and restart each day by going through the alphabet again? 

That makes sense, my last name starts with K so I've been trying my best to stay patient. Also haven't heard of any waitlisted applicants yet, have they released any rejections? I wasn't sure if I missed any posts here this morning! 

12 hours ago, Shelbyhope16 said:

if you check your email, you should have received an email (admission.sgs@utoronto.ca) about creating a joinID account, when that is created, those are the credentials you use to log into ACORN :) 

5 minutes ago, tturtle said:

if you check your email, you should have received an email (admission.sgs@utoronto.ca) about creating a joinID account, when that is created, those are the credentials you use to log into ACORN :) 

omg! I just verified my acorn account, thank you so much :)

Checked my ACORN account last night, and I got into the UofT 2 year program!! Super excited. My last name starts with K, I’m a domestic applicant. Haven’t received any emails or updates on my SGS profile yet. It was my first time applying, and this is my top choice. 

Edited by saintsaens22
more info