MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

I have been wait-listed (AS) to UofT. Do people know the acceptance rate off the wait-list? I am even more anxious now, I didn't think it was possible. I feel like a carrot is being dangled in front of me?

Edited by Pastalini

Can anyone please tell me if Uoft is releasing decisions for advance standing only? I have applied to the 2 years stream. Good luck everyone! 

Edited by Nus219

39 minutes ago, Mikaa said:

Hi everyone, just heard from UofT and have been waitlisted, kinda bummed but its okay! Theres still hope. So everyone who applied to UofT I’m sure you guys will hear really soon! ☺️

-last name starts with B 

Did you apply to the 2 year non-BSW background or the Advanced standing? And sorry to hear you've been waitlisted but fingers crossed you get some good news! 

10 minutes ago, swk95 said:

Yeah just echoing other folks...waitlisted at U of T for 1 year advanced standing program. I'd love to know how this waitlist works...

What does your last name start with? Congrats for the waitlist!

9 minutes ago, sweetpotatorollgirl said:

Hey! I will also be at Dal for their MSW 2 year FT stream :) I’d also love to connect! I’ll send you a private message 

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, for 2 years what background you had? I have a bachelor degree in Business i wonder if they would accept that as somewhat related to SW degree!

24 minutes ago, Nus219 said:

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, for 2 years what background you had? I have a bachelor degree in Business i wonder if they would accept that as somewhat related to SW degree!

If you don’t mind me chiming in, 2-year MSW programs are for people with degrees outside social work. Typically, they are looking for something related, which will probably be in the humanities or sciences. To be a competitive applicant, you will need social work related experience and references who can speak to your readiness/skill for the social work field. 

Edited by CJackson15

11 minutes ago, SWKMSW11 said:

Got wait-listed for advanced standing at UofT. Last name starts with A. Seems like many people got wait-listed this year. Hoping the best for all of us!

I wonder if they just waitlist a bunch of people to start and then will choose their accepted people from this list? 

2 minutes ago, T.O.hopeful said:

I wonder if they just waitlist a bunch of people to start and then will choose their accepted people from this list? 

Yea I was thinking that too! It seems like no one on this thread has yet to share they got an acceptance from UofT advanced standing which I find kinda odd? Im not sure if anyone else feels that way 

1 minute ago, SWKMSW11 said:

Yea I was thinking that too! It seems like no one on this thread has yet to share they got an acceptance from UofT advanced standing which I find kinda odd? Im not sure if anyone else feels that way 

Also no rejections - I haven’t heard anything either way 

47 minutes ago, CJackson15 said:

If you don’t mind me chiming in, 2-year MSW programs are for people with degrees outside social work. Typically, they are looking for something related, which will probably be in the humanities or sciences. To be a competitive applicant, you will need social work related experience and references who can speak to your readiness/skill for the social work field. 

Hey, thanks for your feedback. I do have working experience in child welfare outside Canada and also worked in Plan International Canada as donor care agent that indirectly relates to child welfare.  Also, recently started gathering volunteering hours to show a strong desire that i want to move in this field. I don't know what else i can do to boost my resume! Any kind of feedback would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Edited by Nus219