MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

On 3/3/2022 at 12:35 AM, sweetpotatorollgirl said:

Oh my, I really feel for you! That’s a terribly long wait with no answer yet. I received a very quick reply via email from the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS) at Dal, maybe you could try them? I’m also living in Halifax, so I received their postal letter pretty quickly too. I’m unsure about the delivery company, but likely Canada post I’m thinking? 

I just posted this haha, but the FGS said everyone should receive a letter via email by March 8th with their admission decisions. 

Best of luck!!! 

24 minutes ago, Aslwin said:

I've got nothing as well. What were they supposed to inform us about?

I quoted the one I saw on this forum before, so I was expecting I should receive their decision on March 8th at least but it seems the waiting game is still going on. I'm stressed out haha

20 minutes ago, CaseyMSW said:

I quoted the one I saw on this forum before, so I was expecting I should receive their decision on March 8th at least but it seems the waiting game is still going on. I'm stressed out haha

Oh that letter! I just looked and I got mine Feb 22nd. That's so odd that you have to wait this long.

48 minutes ago, Aslwin said:

Oh that letter! I just looked and I got mine Feb 22nd. That's so odd that you have to wait this long.

My portal changed over a week ago but I still had no email; I emailed the day before yesterday and they replied about 24 hours later that they were working on sending the emails, but then yesterday morning I received my official congratulations email.  So I am thinking you should get it any day now!

1 hour ago, CaseyMSW said:

My Dal portal updated last week to accepted - deposit requested and then I received the official email March 3rd and it says deposit is due by March 17th  (I am part-time online - maybe it's different for full time?) 

4 hours ago, CaseyMSW said:

Hey CaseyMSW,

So, funny enough the day after I sent my email inquiring when I should expect to receive my letter of acceptance / confirmation from the registers office, I received it! So within 24hrs of inquiring, I received my official letter of acceptance via email from the registers office, and my portal updated to accepted as well. 

I’m attaching the an email I received from Dal when I inquired, I’d recommend you reach out to them personally! I can only upload one photo, but in a prior email they did say explicitly I should expect to receive the letter/ email by March 8th at the *latest*. 

I hope you hear soon, and hopefully tomorrow being Thursday when they send out their emails!

74FC9505-16DF-43D0-BA55-AA0624364D71.jpeg

4 minutes ago, sweetpotatorollgirl said:

Hey CaseyMSW,

So, funny enough the day after I sent my email inquiring when I should expect to receive my letter of acceptance / confirmation from the registers office, I received it! So within 24hrs of inquiring, I received my official letter of acceptance via email from the registers office, and my portal updated to accepted as well. 

I’m attaching the an email I received from Dal when I inquired, I’d recommend you reach out to them personally! I can only upload one photo, but in a prior email they did say explicitly I should expect to receive the letter/ email by March 8th at the *latest*. 

I hope you hear soon, and hopefully tomorrow being Thursday when they send out their emails!

74FC9505-16DF-43D0-BA55-AA0624364D71.jpeg

Thank you so much! I will definitely write an email to them! Finger crossed for me ?

Got into Waterloo as well. Waiting to hear back from Wilfrid Laurier's in-person MSW as well as their online program with a September start date. 

I'm heavily considering going to the University of Toronto however despite the fact that I may need to commute.

Congratulations to everyone who received acceptances.

Is anyone hearing any acceptance news from the 2 year  MSW program at uoft? The wait is driving me insane. Would they send us a notification when our status changes? Also do they do results on last name basis? Any information will be helpful!

1 minute ago, Unicornfrrf said:

Is anyone hearing any acceptance news from the 2 year  MSW program at uoft? The wait is driving me insane. Would they send us a notification when our status changes? Also do they do results on last name basis? Any information will be helpful!

I emailed the admissions office about this and I was told that decisions will be posted on the SGS portal by mid-April! Good luck! 

1 hour ago, MSWapplicant1998 said:

Oh man... I cannot possibly wait another month lol I'm going crazy! 

I know, the wait is awful! Hopefully mid-April is the absolute latest and we'll hear back sooner!