MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

14 hours ago, alwayswaytoolatemsw said:

Any one here still waiting for UofT 2 year MSW ?? My status havent changed one bit. lol

I just checked and I'm still waiting! My application still just says 'submitted' on SGS and I unfortunately don't have access to ACORN.

2 hours ago, Amomilk said:

Hi People I just received my acceptance letter for U of T 2 year MSW!!!!! I can't believe this!!!

If you don't mind me asking was that an email through which you have received your letter? 

4 minutes ago, FingerCrossedMSW2022 said:

Congrats!!!! Are you international or domestic student? I'm also curious about when you submitted your application. 

I applied right at the deadline in January, I'm domestic, initials S.K. My friend who got in a different year didn't get an email for a while after egas was updated so check it often!

3 minutes ago, Odyssey417 said:

I applied right at the deadline in January, I'm domestic, initials S.K. My friend who got in a different year didn't get an email for a while after egas was updated so check it often!

Thank you so much for your sharing!!! My eGAS still shows in process but my last initial is Z.? Hope I could see some changes today then I will not have to wait for another weekend. Anyway, congratulations!!!

On 3/17/2022 at 12:12 PM, tturtle said:

Does anyone know U of T's tuition costs? I found some info (2020-2021) but it only mentions the first two semesters at about 11k. If anyone knows anything else, that would be super helpful! thank you :)

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-17 at 11.54.58 AM.jpeg

Hey! I'm in my first year at UofT. My tuition (including all fees) was $11,189.99. Incidental fees were slightly higher this year than last - the actual program fee was the exact same as the one you found for 2020/21 (9,420). If you're applying to the two year program you have the option to take courses in the summer following your first year at no additional cost if you want. I'm not exactly sure if what you mean by first two semesters is fall/winter? Fees for next year wouldn't be out yet.

27 minutes ago, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

This waiting game is brutal!

I'm waiting on 2yr programs for U of T and Western. No change in the status of my applications. 

Congrats to everyone who has received an offer.

Same :( waiting on 2yr for UofT and UBC-O... feeling hopeless already and haven't even heard a peep. But love to see several getting offers, happy for y'all

Just now, MSWapplicant1998 said:

Same :( waiting on 2yr for UofT and UBC-O... feeling hopeless already and haven't even heard a peep. But love to see several getting offers, happy for y'all

I'm sitting here combing last year's pages to see what exact date people heard stuff on. I'm focusing on U of T. On April 8th people started getting acceptances. April 9th people started hearing they were waitlisted. I doubt we'll hear anything before the second week of April. We can survive until then!

Good luck! 

19 minutes ago, MSWapplicant1998 said:

Same here, I’m waiting for uoft and ubco and haven’t heard anything as well. As far as I can tell, no domestic students here have..keep your head up you got this!

2 minutes ago, ChipDip said:

Same here, I’m waiting for uoft and ubco and haven’t heard anything as well. As far as I can tell, no domestic students here have..keep your head up you got this!

For U of T this is early for their two year program. 
Here are the dates acceptances were sent out in previous years: 
2021 - April 8th
2020 - March 30th
2019 - March 25th
2018 - March 27th

There's no need to panic yet! 

3 minutes ago, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

For U of T this is early for their two year program. 
Here are the dates acceptances were sent out in previous years: 
2021 - April 8th
2020 - March 30th
2019 - March 25th
2018 - March 27th

There's no need to panic yet! 

Thank you for this! Not panicking yet, just impatient haha

Thank you I have lost my words - when I received my email notification I thought it was rejection 100%. I received it through email (probably also because I didn’t check Acorn frequently). My last name start with S.

My previous background is basically in social justice related research. Around 2300 hrs independent /project research in total. Other volunteering experiences around 700-800hrs. Also had activism experience and one of my references is based on this. 

I think international applicants may hear from UofT earlier because we also need to apply for work/study permit. Finger crossed for everyone and hopefully we are getting good news in few days!

Have u guys heard from UBC-Vancouver MSW Program?

Anyone mind sharing more about their experience / knowledge about the Program ? I mainly obtained the Program information on the Program’s website, but didnt see much discussion on the Program in this thread.

Can anyone relate? I have a non-BSW degree and feel frustrated that Laurier is the only Canadian university that offers a fully online Foundational MSW. The university closest to me, UBC-Vancouver, only offers an Advanced MSW. I can't uproot my family and leave my job to move out of Vancouver to pursue a Foundational MSW in another province. UBC-Vancouver no longer offers a Foundational MSW which is really perplexing as every major Canadian university seems to have a Foundational program. UFV has a Foundational MSW but it's offered every odd year (this also perplexes me) and 80km away from where I live. Work, my kids' school, and elderly parents are all in Vancouver and depend on me, and I can't commute 160km daily to UFV while trying to care for my family. I'm now looking at accredited US online Foundational MSW programs if I don't get into Laurier but it's double the cost of a Canadian MSW. Thanks for hearing me out!

Edited by mrshappygolucky
duplicate

1 hour ago, mrshappygolucky said:

Can anyone relate? I have a non-BSW degree and feel frustrated that Laurier is the only Canadian university that offers a fully online Foundational MSW. The university closest to me, UBC-Vancouver, only offers an Advanced MSW. I can't uproot my family and leave my job to move out of Vancouver to pursue a Foundational MSW in another province. UBC-Vancouver no longer offers a Foundational MSW which is really perplexing as every major Canadian university seems to have a Foundational program. UFV has a Foundational MSW but it's offered every odd year (this also perplexes me) and 80km away from where I live. Work, my kids' school, and elderly parents are all in Vancouver and depend on me, and I can't commute 160km daily to UFV while trying to care for my family. I'm now looking at accredited US online Foundational MSW programs if I don't get into Laurier but it's double the cost of a Canadian MSW. Thanks for hearing me out!

Its definitely tough for those who are caregivers, full-time workers and are reliable for others. I completely agree with you in that its insane and almost illogical how there's on one full online program in Canada, that not only makes it competitive but also difficult for those that don't have any other options. My heart goes out to you, sending you all the luck and positivity. Wishing you get into your choice.