MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

People getting in to U of T 2 year if you're comfortable with it: 
Can you share your stats? Grades, volunteer hours &/or volunteer description & maybe how you feel about your references and personal statements? 

[My last name starts with D. U of T 2 year is really my only option. Now I'm feverously refreshing and.. I'm desperate for any info! lol]

4 minutes ago, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

Can you share your stats? Grades, volunteer hours &/or volunteer description & maybe how you feel about your references and personal statements? 

[My last name starts with D. U of T 2 year is really my only option. Now I'm feverously refreshing and.. I'm desperate for any info! lol]

Did my undergrad in psychology with a thesis; 4.0 in the last couple of years. Have volunteered with LGBTQ groups and children but the bulk of my experience comes from working in psychology labs and in a mental health hospital as a researcher. Felt good about my references (they’ve all known me for a long time, so I think that helped) and personal statements. I tried to combine what I hope to achieve as a social worker with both personal and professional experiences if that helps. 

9 minutes ago, ShaDiMSW2022 said:

Honestly after sending my application in I truly did not believe I stood a chance getting accepted. I graudated York University in 2021 with an undergrad in psychology. No research experience or thesis. I graduated with a B+ and B in my research methodology class. I have over 2000 hours of volunteer (crisis responding, kids help phone) and paid work in the social services (mental health peer support), have engaged in housing advocacy and did paid tutoring on the side. I am also currently completing a post-graduate program at humber college in addictions and mental health.

I do believe my references were strong. I had two very established professors from York's psych department complete my academic references and my previous employer took the time to attach a letter of recommendation  in addition to the reference form. I believe my personal statement spoke of my lived experiences with mental health and being a woman of colour. I really tried to showcase a deep understanding of current social issues and how I would make a difference. 

38 minutes ago, Odyssey417 said:

How are people paying the deposit on ACORN - mine doesn't let me yet but I have the invite and awaiting confirmation form.

I've had my ACORN account as a UofT undergrad so it may be different for others - I just went to my financial account, selected the Make a Payment option and paid by credit card. On your dashboard you should also see Make a Payment button under View Invoice. Since my payment was processed already, I no longer have the Make a Payment button. If you're still having issues you should contact them after you receive the official offer. 

ok thanks, it seems only past U of T students can pay so far. Fee payment has to be approved after receiving the official letter.

1 hour ago, DD2021 said:

I've had my ACORN account as a UofT undergrad so it may be different for others - I just went to my financial account, selected the Make a Payment option and paid by credit card. On your dashboard you should also see Make a Payment button under View Invoice. Since my payment was processed already, I no longer have the Make a Payment button. If you're still having issues you should contact them after you receive the official offer. 

4 hours ago, SocialWorkingSarcasm said:

So you login to LORIS, go to the admissions page and that documents table where you input all your transcripts etc. will turn into an accept button if you get in.

Thanks for the info! I just checked and mine still only says 'review'. I guess that means I did not get in :( 

Did you apply for the in-person or online stream?

56 minutes ago, CaseyMSW said:

For those who also applied for msw 2 years program, I received an offer from it! It's my first offer so I'm kind of excited about it 

Congrats, great news!! :) Which school did you receive an offer from?

18 minutes ago, frances1022 said:

Anyone know how Laurier's acceptance roll out works? Like if I didn't hear anything today should I assume I didn't get in?

You'll typically be informed if you don't get in, so I wouldn't assume the worst just yet! You can check on their website and where all your transcript, statement, resume etc. information was will turn into the offer/acceptance page. Hope that helps!

Edited by tturtle

Congratulations to all the members who have received acceptance letters! And sending heaps of love for those who are still waiting!!! We are all in this together :) 

I am wondering is there a discord/Facebook group for UofT 2 year program? I am getting very anxious about moving to a new place with literally no one I know right now...