57 minutes ago, JoiningTheWait said:

Joining the wait to hear from Dal.. really confused why they would want the acceptance deadline at other universities to close before they sent out the bulk of acceptances. Wondering if that means we should expect to hear in the next day or two?

I’m wondering something similar, or prehaps Dal is waiting until after the 15 to send out waitlisted to see how many they seats they could potentially fill before even making a waitlist?

I have been at a total loss trying to figure out why it’s been almost a month of not hearing and the only reason I can think of is that they got way more applications than they were expecting and are struggling to keep up.

However… perhaps more people will have committed to other university’s and Dal will have more seats when they do send out offers? Maybe this could be good? I’m trying go stay positive but I’m struggling to at this point. I’m feeling frustrated waiting for Dal I must say.

1 hour ago, Audioker2794 said:

I’m wondering something similar, or prehaps Dal is waiting until after the 15 to send out waitlisted to see how many they seats they could potentially fill before even making a waitlist?

I have been at a total loss trying to figure out why it’s been almost a month of not hearing and the only reason I can think of is that they got way more applications than they were expecting and are struggling to keep up.

However… perhaps more people will have committed to other university’s and Dal will have more seats when they do send out offers? Maybe this could be good? I’m trying go stay positive but I’m struggling to at this point. I’m feeling frustrated waiting for Dal I must say.

That's what I was thinking. The more time that goes by the more I think we will actually hear AFTER the Apr 15th deadline. 

I think Dal's decisions are all over the place from what I've heard. They're typically later to send offers and don't have a system necessarily. A friend and I haven't heard anything from them as of yet (she applied to Aud).

I also checked the facebook group of those accepted and it seems there's only 8 members as of yet!

For those who are waiting for Dal's updates: this is what I got from Hillary this am.

you will receive an update on your application some time this month.

I guess it means that the national deadline may not apply to theirs and especially since dal is the only three-year program in Canada and it is probably smarter for them to send out after ddl, this way, students have already a full pic of what offers they have and easier to decide if to choose dal.

8 hours ago, msstrong said:

For those who are waiting for Dal's updates: this is what I got from Hillary this am.

you will receive an update on your application some time this month.

I guess it means that the national deadline may not apply to theirs and especially since dal is the only three-year program in Canada and it is probably smarter for them to send out after ddl, this way, students have already a full pic of what offers they have and easier to decide if to choose dal.

Dal is my top choice but I got accepted to other Ontario schools. If I accept my Ontario school, does that take me out of the running for Dal???

Still waiting on Dal too (was waitlisted two years in a row, and this is my third year applying)! If there are indeed 550 applicants and 23 spots (according to last year's cohort), that means about a 4% chance of getting in... what a system, eh?

This time around I tried one school in the States-- UMaine-- and was accepted! I'm wondering if any fellow Canadians have also been accepted there? And if not, I just want to put the word out that there's a tuition agreement between UMaine and Canada, so we pay what in-state Maine students pay! The international fees are really what discouraged me from applying to schools down South, but this makes a huge difference! Perhaps consider this for next year...

On 4/12/2022 at 11:00 AM, Slpnbqween said:

Hi everyone, I was admitted to Dal SLP for fall 2022. I have a 3.72/4.3 in Biochemistry with a minor in Psychology. I have significant experience working with special needs children through different organizations. I also have experience working with kids and teenagers in school. I was admitted March 29th. Feel free to PM me for more details :) 

Congrats!! I sent you a message to join our facebook group. :)

18 hours ago, SpeechieSar said:

Dal is my top choice but I got accepted to other Ontario schools. If I accept my Ontario school, does that take me out of the running for Dal???

I don't think Dal would know about you accepting another school, so I don't think it would impact your offer. I would probably accept a school, wait to hear from Dal, and if you get in, you can withdraw your acceptance to the other school. https://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/accept-offer-change-mind-later/ 

22 hours ago, SpeechieSar said:

I *think* if you want to accept an offer but also stay "in the running" for other schools, you have to select the "provisionally accept" option instead of the "firmly accept." When I firmly accepted my offer to UofT, my acceptance to Western turned into a "Declined: No further consideration."

I would double check with ORPAS using SAM to be clear about these terms. Also, maybe consider contacting Dal or other ontario universities you were accepted to about how this works. 

Also, I do believe that by a certain date, provisional acceptances become firm acceptances - so maybe inquire about this as well as 

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else who was accepted at U of T had a paragraph under their conditions about completing necessary prerequisites (I have included the text below). I believed I had already completed all the necessary pre-requisites since I did both HTHSCI 2F03 + 2FF3 at McMaster but this message made me think that I need to complete another course to accept my offer. Does anyone have any advice or knowledge about this? I'm pretty sure I now need to do a general human physiology course but I'm not sure how to go about that so any advice about that would also be incredibly welcome!

"You must complete all prerequisite courses planned or currently in progress, including a 0.5 FCE in general human physiology, to the satisfaction of the Department of Speech-Language Pathology (as detailed at https://slp.utoronto.ca/) with a minimum of B+ in each course."

Hi everyone! I’m in a bit of a situation - I’m currently taking 3 courses at Athabasca university and I won’t be able to finish the courses by end of May to get the final grades on my transcript and sent to grad schools by their deadline of June 30. I was wondering if anyone knows if grad schools are possibly lenient with when they receive transcripts with final grades for courses in progress? Like if I gave them my transcript one month late would it cause them to retract my acceptance or would they be ok with it ? If anyone has experience let me know! I’d really appreciate it ?

8 hours ago, AnnaGrad said:

Hi everyone! I’m in a bit of a situation - I’m currently taking 3 courses at Athabasca university and I won’t be able to finish the courses by end of May to get the final grades on my transcript and sent to grad schools by their deadline of June 30. I was wondering if anyone knows if grad schools are possibly lenient with when they receive transcripts with final grades for courses in progress? Like if I gave them my transcript one month late would it cause them to retract my acceptance or would they be ok with it ? If anyone has experience let me know! I’d really appreciate it ?

I had a similar situation with another Master’s degree I did. I think it will depend on the university and the program. I had to have several meetings with the head of my department and the Graduate office and eventually it was allowed, but there were definitely some hoops to jump through! 

14 hours ago, AnnaGrad said:

I'm sure it depends on the school, but I won't be finished with some summer courses until August and UOttawa just needs the final transcript by I think August 31st. Do other programs need them sooner?

3 hours ago, SLP_hopeful123 said:

I'm sure it depends on the school, but I won't be finished with some summer courses until August and UOttawa just needs the final transcript by I think August 31st. Do other programs need them sooner?

Yeah the SLP programs at Western and McMaster said they want it by June 30th. I'm not sure about the other programs though! 

9 hours ago, Slpyyz said:

I had a similar situation with another Master’s degree I did. I think it will depend on the university and the program. I had to have several meetings with the head of my department and the Graduate office and eventually it was allowed, but there were definitely some hoops to jump through! 

Ah okay thanks for sharing! Glad to hear they make some exceptions. How long did that whole process take until they allowed it? 

5 hours ago, Kslp67 said:

Has anyone heard from or got off the u of a waitlist yet? 

I received an email on the 16th that I am next in line on the waitlist and that they have a spot available! According to Viki, I am to expect to receive my acceptance letter in the next two weeks on my portal. Although to be honest, am still crossing my fingers for Western (am in the first quadrant of Western's waitlist)

23 minutes ago, KSpeech said:

I received an email on the 16th that I am next in line on the waitlist and that they have a spot available! According to Viki, I am to expect to receive my acceptance letter in the next two weeks on my portal. Although to be honest, am still crossing my fingers for Western (am in the first quadrant of Western's waitlist)

When you were originally waitlisted, what part of the waitlist did Vicki say you were on?