MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2023

3 hours ago, nervousqueen said:

Hi! For people who applied to the UBC MSW did you write a thorough response or just one sentence statements for the statements of acknowledgement? I did one sentence for each but now I'm worried that wasn't enough (even though it says to write a brief statement). 

I applied to the UBC MSW but I'm not sure what you mean by statements of acknowledgment. Now I'm wondering if I missed anything?! 🙃

1 hour ago, dardykat said:

I applied to the UBC MSW but I'm not sure what you mean by statements of acknowledgment. Now I'm wondering if I missed anything?! 🙃

I don't think you messed anything because it had to be filled out to submit the application! It's just the brief statements confirming you read a few things and did the research on how to become certified in your province. Strangely there's a long thing of instructions on the website which threw me off because the instruction on the application is "a brief statement". 

42 minutes ago, nervousqueen said:

I don't think you messed anything because it had to be filled out to submit the application! It's just the brief statements confirming you read a few things and did the research on how to become certified in your province. Strangely there's a long thing of instructions on the website which threw me off because the instruction on the application is "a brief statement". 

This was for the Vancouver campus? I just reviewed my application on the portal and I can't see any sort of statement of acknowledgement I filled out and I don't remember doing this either. So weird!

On 2/25/2023 at 10:40 AM, Joyful13 said:

Has anyone's admission application on LORIS (WLU, MSW) disappeared? 😶

Mine hasn't changed, I still see the list of documents submitted. 😟

Also, I received an email from UCalgary and was declined...has anyone applied or is considering still applying to UWindsor's online synchronous MSW for Working Professionals? The deadline is March 15th, 2023.

31 minutes ago, psyc1818 said:

Received an offer of admission to Carleton's 2-year MSW program. Notified via email :) 

Congratulations! Had your application status changed prior to finding out? 👀

12 hours ago, Juli3270 said:

Just sharing that my ACRON was updated with the official offer for U of T advanced standing. Hoping others get an update today/this week as well :). Screenshot2023-02-27at8_15_19AM.thumb.png.ebad34cf8cd4cdc34e4d30bf21653ba1.png

Do you mind sharing how you were able to get access of your ACRON account?

8 minutes ago, ManukaHoney said:

Anyone know when UofT MSW usually releases their results?

or York u? 

I heard a couple of people reciving acceptances from the advanced standing at UofT but no one yet from the 2 year regular track!

Speaking for U of T. The usual trend is the advanced standing usually hears back a lot earlier than the two year.

From my experience on this forum, the early weeks of March are mostly advanced standing acceptances. While the third and fourth week are for two years. Everything is usually sent out by the first week of April. 

Hope it helps. I know how much it sucks to wait. 

45 minutes ago, BingBongBingBong said:

Speaking for U of T. The usual trend is the advanced standing usually hears back a lot earlier than the two year.

From my experience on this forum, the early weeks of March are mostly advanced standing acceptances. While the third and fourth week are for two years. Everything is usually sent out by the first week of April. 

Hope it helps. I know how much it sucks to wait. 

Thanks so much for your response.

Yes, the waiting totally sucks. I am checking the portals and emails 100 times per hour. at this point I feel like i am not even functioning as I am waiting for their responses. This is my second time applying to grad school and don't want to go through this process again next year, so draining.

51 minutes ago, Kristine said:

Hey all, I applied to U of T MSW advanced standing. I called the school, and they said decisions will be sent out this week and early next week in the application portal. 

Thanks for letting us know!

Do you know if it is only for the advanced standing decisions or is it also the  regular track?

Edited by ManukaHoney