SSHRC CGS -D & Doctoral Fellowships 2023-2024

capricorn97

4 minutes ago, JB9797 said:

Yes you may be right. Also given that its 6pm EST, assuming some manual human work goes into posting the results, we may be nearing their end of the work day...

Someone on this forum said they got the email notification last year around 6:55 pm (ADT). So it might not be impossible! I truly am trying to remain hopeful😅

6 minutes ago, JB9797 said:

Yes you may be right. Also given that its 6pm EST, assuming some manual human work goes into posting the results, we may be nearing their end of the work day...

Last year they emailed that my results were ready at 7:22 pm (EDT).

I hope it's sooner than next week as we'll be into May...

Edited by literaturemovement

1 minute ago, dogmom said:

Someone on this forum said they got the email notification last year around 6:55 pm (ADT). So it might not be impossible! I truly am trying to remain hopeful😅

Just now, literaturemovement said:

Last year they emailed that my results were ready at 7:22 pm.

I hope it's sooner than next week as we'll be into May...

Ok whew, still a chance haha.

13 minutes ago, AllisdairJoseph said:

I'm in a similar situation. If I get an award, I'll have to go on education leave from my research job with the Government of Canada. And my current leave ends in May, so the decision needs to happen soon.😬

Good luck!

I call it... how will I pay my bills, episode 2023.  Haha

The time line is so important to me in receiving news because I need to confirm my OGS prior to May 1st. It is really hard on all of us waiting in anticipation with no information at all. Anyone else also in my situation- received an OGS and need to accept it this week?

I am in my third year at Laurier looking at the intersection of intimate partner violence and religion.

24 minutes ago, Psychotherapist770 said:

The time line is so important to me in receiving news because I need to confirm my OGS prior to May 1st. It is really hard on all of us waiting in anticipation with no information at all. Anyone else also in my situation- received an OGS and need to accept it this week?

I am in my third year at Laurier looking at the intersection of intimate partner violence and religion.

Not in the same boat but wanted to say your research sounds very interesting and meaningful. Hopefully we find out soon and you can make that decision. They must have to take these other deadlines into consideration.

I see everyone is waiting...I applied last year but was not successful. This year I am not looking forward to receiving the scholarship cause I don't like the research proposal that I wrote and have been thinking to transfer to a different school and program....I am just tired of being told of what I should do....

13 minutes ago, halomoon said:

I see everyone is waiting...I applied last year but was not successful. This year I am not looking forward to receiving the scholarship cause I don't like the research proposal that I wrote and have been thinking to transfer to a different school and program....I am just tired of being told of what I should do....

I know for sure that you aren't bound to your proposal! You can definitely change it! As for changing schools if you get it , I'm not sure what that would look like but it might be possible since the funding doesn't come from the school?

9 hours ago, Psychotherapist770 said:

That's so stressful—I really hope you get an answer soon!

I'm not sure about incoming students, but for current students in my department/institution, we don't get OGS results until July-ish.

I really hope that SSHRC actually sends the results out prior to the end of the month—we still have a few days! If we get to Friday without hearing anything, it might be worth explaining the situation to your department and asking for an extension for the OGS confirmation.

Maybe someone could call (I'm currently abroad and calling the toll-free number SSHRC has ends up being costly 😕 ). I know CIHR told whoever called them that the results would be yesterday evening, which didn't end up happening, but would be nice to know if they are aware of any delays, etc.

34 minutes ago, JB9797 said:

Maybe someone could call (I'm currently abroad and calling the toll-free number SSHRC has ends up being costly 😕 ). I know CIHR told whoever called them that the results would be yesterday evening, which didn't end up happening, but would be nice to know if they are aware of any delays, etc.

I'm in meetings most of this morning (thankful for the distraction). If no one has called by noon (ADT) I'll give them a call. 

26 minutes ago, FoodSecurityNow said:

I'm in meetings most of this morning (thankful for the distraction). If no one has called by noon (ADT) I'll give them a call. 

I just tried calling.  There was no answer and automated message said to leave a voicemail. I doubt they will call me back lol

6 minutes ago, dogmom said:

I just tried calling.  There was no answer and automated message said to leave a voicemail. I doubt they will call me back lol

Thanks for trying! Did you call the number for the help desk, or the one for general inquiries? Maybe there would be a difference? 

11 minutes ago, dogmom said:

Conspiracy theory that SSHRC actually just disbanded and forgot to tell us 😂