Updates!

Also not waiting anymore! I declined three offers (CMCL at IUB, Communication Studies at UGA, and Annenberg at USC) and accepted an offer at (what has been for the past three years) my ideal program! Hopefully that frees up some wait list slots for someone! Looking forward to seeing where everyone else ends up.

Also not waiting anymore! I declined three offers (CMCL at IUB, Communication Studies at UGA, and Annenberg at USC) and accepted an offer at (what has been for the past three years) my ideal program! Hopefully that frees up some wait list slots for someone! Looking forward to seeing where everyone else ends up.

You even rejected Annenberg! Wow :)

Just saw the first rejection by McGill. Hope this isn't the night my dreams fall apart. Earlier this evening, my POI for the other app emailed and said he's retiring due to family reasons. Would have gotten in, otherwise. Long night ahead.

Thank you. YOu are all so great! Seriously! You are so motivating and I have the feeling that you can be genuinely happy for other people. Thank you so much. You make getting accepted even more fun!

Thank you. YOu are all so great! Seriously! You are so motivating and I have the feeling that you can be genuinely happy for other people. Thank you so much. You make getting accepted even more fun!

It's very interesting that this site seems to foster a more collaborative than competitive environment. (In general!) I really do feel happy when people share good news and I commiserate with people in agony. One of us should study this phenomenon once we get in! B)

Just got accepted to UMiami + funding. :-)

Way to go! I know a few weeks ago we all started hearing about schools and your news was delayed. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I am still waiting to hear anything from Miami, so it looks like the speed of your news being delivered has picked up!

Congrats, Gunner!

I have a feeling that this week will be THE week for me. I hope I'm gonna hear from my other three schools and be able to decide soon. Exciting exciting exciting.... :-)

So I call Miami for an update, turns out they didn't know they had my grad transcripts because they are on same transcript as undergrad. WTF. Were they not going to say anything? So they've had my stuff on hold since mid October. Now they say they need 3-4 more weeks to evaluate, which might go past 4/15. So I'm gonna loose out bc someone didn't pay attention to my papers. Nice. I should ask for my $ back. So frustrated

So I call Miami for an update, turns out they didn't know they had my grad transcripts because they are on same transcript as undergrad. WTF. Were they not going to say anything? So they've had my stuff on hold since mid October. Now they say they need 3-4 more weeks to evaluate, which might go past 4/15. So I'm gonna loose out bc someone didn't pay attention to my papers. Nice. I should ask for my $ back. So frustrated

:o

I'm so sorry to hear that...

Have they at least apologized?

WOW! That is infuriating. I'm so sorry to hear that!

Oh no... that's really frustrating. I feel for you and hope everything turns out fine and they get back to you on time.

I'm just curious if anyone has gotten any news in the last week or so. It's been very quiet! As for me--nothing but radio silence. I am going to visit a program tomorrow that admitted but hasn't funded me yet! Send good karma!

I got news on Friday (I think) that I got accepted to Mizzou, but with some incomprehensible information on funding... (à la "yes, there is the possibility for funding. but there is no possibility.")

But no news since then.... I hope UNC makes their decisions soooooon....

Is it normal to always feel like the dream school is the one that didn't answer yet (even though I don't have a ranking for all of my schools, because they are all great and I'll be happy wherever I'll end up...)?

I'm just curious if anyone has gotten any news in the last week or so. It's been very quiet! As for me--nothing but radio silence. I am going to visit a program tomorrow that admitted but hasn't funded me yet! Send good karma!

I got some news, but it's not the kind I wished to have, technically, because the fact that I still have to wait has not changed. You know what I mean, from two to three. Good luck with your funding!