Updates!

Got rejection email from Brown today. No surprise there. Not even upset, I just felt like I wanted to take the shot at it b/c you never know. I'm sure crazier things have happened than someone getting accepted to a school where they thought they had no chance.

Called University of Georgia and was told I am on a waitlist. Someone posted an Acceptance about 10 days ago and nobody claimed it. Is anyone out there to claim that now? Please PM me! They said there are 8 funded offers that went out. I have no idea where I am on the waitlist, but it would be nice to get an idea if there is a chance some people who got offers might not be accepting them. Hmmmm. More waiting :(

Got rejection email from Brown today. No surprise there. Not even upset, I just felt like I wanted to take the shot at it b/c you never know. I'm sure crazier things have happened than someone getting accepted to a school where they thought they had no chance.

Called University of Georgia and was told I am on a waitlist. Someone posted an Acceptance about 10 days ago and nobody claimed it. Is anyone out there to claim that now? Please PM me! They said there are 8 funded offers that went out. I have no idea where I am on the waitlist, but it would be nice to get an idea if there is a chance some people who got offers might not be accepting them. Hmmmm. More waiting :(

Sorry to hear about Brown...

But being wait-listed can be good news! Let's see how it goes!

Yeah, that was the reasoning behind my MCM app. Kind of wish I could get my arm-and-a-leg application fee back... Oh well.

I just had an interview with the UMiami SOC. It was very nice, I could ask all my questions and had a really nice chat. They also told me that it won't take much longer, since they started making decisions yesterday and are now calling some applicants to get to know them better.

Far as I know, Penn Annenberg doesn't do waitlists, evidenced by the results on this site. The date may vary by one day or two, but definitely not for more than a week. You should just call.

PS. I'm an international applicant as well.

Thanks for your advice! These days I've been really concerned about my app to Annenberg cause it's my dream school....

Maybe I can talk to my Fulbright regional officer about my app result of Upenn, as well as other schools...

By the way, what schools did u applied? Hope that any good news comes out, honeyclover :)

I just had an interview with the UMiami SOC. It was very nice, I could ask all my questions and had a really nice chat. They also told me that it won't take much longer, since they started making decisions yesterday and are now calling some applicants to get to know them better.

That seems like a good sign! Good luck :)

no problem, revelunt! i also really wanted to go to penn but was rejected. in retrospect, it might not be too bad an outcome. i think usc could be a better fit. (yes, the wait for usc is killing me)

good luck with everything! i guess i spent too much time on this site :)

Thanks for your advice! These days I've been really concerned about my app to Annenberg cause it's my dream school....

Maybe I can talk to my Fulbright regional officer about my app result of Upenn, as well as other schools...

By the way, what schools did u applied? Hope that any good news comes out, honeyclover :)

Yes, that's really promising!

Well, no email yesterday from Vilma at UNC. I'm going to take that as not so good news...unless (and this is me in fantasy land), they're all like, "Hey, let's email admitted students on Friday. That'd be a nice way to end the week!" I can dream, right?

Well, no email yesterday from Vilma at UNC. I'm going to take that as not so good news...unless (and this is me in fantasy land), they're all like, "Hey, let's email admitted students on Friday. That'd be a nice way to end the week!" I can dream, right?

Keep the faith maximalist! you never know in what crazy ways admissions committees work. good luck!

Keep the faith maximalist! you never know in what crazy ways admissions committees work. good luck!

Thanks. Unfortunately, I bit the bullet and emailed UNC. It's a no-go. For the rest of you folks still waiting though, notifications will apparently be sent from the Graduate School over the next three to four weeks.

Damn, at this point, I'll be stoked to get in ANYWHERE. sad.gif

Thanks. Unfortunately, I bit the bullet and emailed UNC. It's a no-go. For the rest of you folks still waiting though, notifications will apparently be sent from the Graduate School over the next three to four weeks.

Damn, at this point, I'll be stoked to get in ANYWHERE. sad.gif

Sorry to hear that. :( I'm in at one place but no funding yet so I don't feel like that counts till I have funding. here's to keeping the faith!

Yes, that's really promising!

Thank you. I also hope so. It's the first news I got from any of my schools. But I hope it won't be much longer for all of them to get back to me/us.

It seems like decisions from Mizzou and UNC are already out (mine aren't, though...). Miami is soon to come. Then there's Indiana (last year, they sent out decisions in late February) and Columbia (which will take longest of all, I guess...). So the waiting game continues...

Thank you. I also hope so. It's the first news I got from any of my schools. But I hope it won't be much longer for all of them to get back to me/us.

It seems like decisions from Mizzou and UNC are already out (mine aren't, though...). Miami is soon to come. Then there's Indiana (last year, they sent out decisions in late February) and Columbia (which will take longest of all, I guess...). So the waiting game continues...

UNC decisions for comm studies have probably been rolled out, I believe that mass comm people would have to wait longer. I heard they have not yet voted for admission

Miami just sent me their decision by e-mail, so if you applied, check your inbox. I understand they're making decisions in a rolling manner, so if you don't see anything, don't despair! (Also, it's 5 p.m. EST, so they're probably closing up shop for the week.)

congratulations, gooner!

Is there already info on funding?

I won't get my decision from them, but they will contact the IIE/Fulbright and I will be contacted by them then. So I'll have to wait at least until Monday. Probably longer.

Did you also have a phone interview?

Wow, I just see: You didn't even get a single rejection. That's very impressing. Good luck with your decision!

Thanks! When I sent out the apps, I was hoping to get into one or two programs, so the responses have been a huge surprise. I've narrowed it down to three options (and I'm waiting on the funding decision from one of those schools), so I hope to have my mind made up by the end of next week. I'll be thrilled to be rid of this stress (and naturally begin worrying about prelims)... :P

Edited by Gooner

I am claiming one USC acceptance. Got an email at 4:45pm est followed by a personal letter.

Thanks for letting us know, and congratulations! If you don't mind, was the email individually sent? Or was it a mass email? And, what do you mean by a personal letter? Sorry, it's my first choice, so I'm freaking out a bit here...

I received three emails. An offer letter and fellowship letter and an email from a professor of interest.

They all featured my name prominently. The first two might have been form letters, might not have been. The last was definitely a personal letter by a prospective adviser.

Good luck!

I received three emails. An offer letter and fellowship letter and an email from a professor of interest.

They all featured my name prominently. The first two might have been form letters, might not have been. The last was definitely a personal letter by a prospective adviser.

Good luck!

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info and congrats again!