Updates!

Yes, i also feel like there's finally something happening. I hope next week will be my lucky week. I'll keep you posted. (I can't really talk to anyone else, since I'm keeping my application a secret apart from parents/siblings and some very close friends - so I feel like this board is the only possibility for me to talk about all this... That would also explain my massive amount of posting in the last few weeks ;-))

For those who have heard from UNC Communication Studies... were you sent your decision directly or did you call/e-mail the department?

Yes, I received the email in which my name was clearly stated, surprisingly, in the middle of the night. It was from the graduate school, not the department.

Something else... I know there's a thread about this, but I wanted to ask you guys.... Do you have a plan B? Because I.... don't :huh:

Haha...yeah, not really here either :P I guess when getting all of my apps submitted in the fall I forgot!

Plan B, let's see....sell a kidney, probably.

UNC, Phd Comm. Studies

Just got an e-mail from Vilma inviting welcome weekend.

Un-official letters from her actually was sent about a 10 days ago.

(she wrote about my willing to join welcome weekend, and I wrote back in order to confirm my status.)

Interestingly (as east Asian) the official decision has not be displayed yet.

And hope that the event (welcome event) is not that serious, as I cannot make it. It is a lot of miles to travel if I want to join two-day warm ups.

Just got a "No" from LSU. Man this is depressing!

Sorry, and I hear you. sad.gif My only legitimate chance (unless Washington's English department throws me a curveball acceptance) is the place where I've made it into the small stack of 20. After speaking to a POI on Friday though, I know they're only taking 3 of the dozen or so media applicants (which includes me). Regardless, I might be in for quite a wait before I know something concrete, because they hold onto that stack of 20 until the very end as an unofficial waitlist.

Nothing nothing nothing.

But I got a package today (something really unnecessary I ordered over the internet). That makes for a good day. But tomorrow I really NEED an acceptance. Please!

It will arrive. May be not tomorrow, but this week - it must! These schools just like torturing people... :blink:

I was reading the results page and someone posted a rejection to Brown MCM program and in the comments section wrote "Their Loss"

I just wanted to say that brought a smile to my face. While constantly feeling like we are getting beaten on by these schools with all of these rejections and waiting and lack of available funding, that comment reminds me that we need to stay positive and confident, we've all worked so hard to get to this point and each of us is deserving of the best, so yes, I agree it probably was "their loss!!!!!" good attitude.

smile.gif

I was reading the results page and someone posted a rejection to Brown MCM program and in the comments section wrote "Their Loss"

I just wanted to say that brought a smile to my face. While constantly feeling like we are getting beaten on by these schools with all of these rejections and waiting and lack of available funding, that comment reminds me that we need to stay positive and confident, we've all worked so hard to get to this point and each of us is deserving of the best, so yes, I agree it probably was "their loss!!!!!" good attitude.

smile.gif

Wise words TVPhD! I keep re-reading this post () and reminding myself how many factors go into the admissions committees' decisions. It is way more complicated than those of us on the outside sometimes realize.

Got accepted to Indiana. I'm so excited. It took me a minute to write these words because I kept making typos since my hands are shaking. Craaaazy!

No info on funding yet, though. Will be sent later in March.

I know today was the day! Yihaaaaaaa!

Got accepted to Indiana. I'm so excited. It took me a minute to write these words because I kept making typos since my hands are shaking. Craaaazy!

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! When I saw that the most recent post was yours, I found myself saying out loud, "Please let it be something good!" (The application process is hard enough to get through with a measure of sanity WITHOUT having to additionally work through the Fulbright process.) So happy for you!

That is so wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very happy for you!!!

Congratulations!!

Do you need extra funding being a Fulbright student?

Thank you, you are all so great! Seriously! It's amazing how helpful you all are and how patient you are enduring my crazy spamming/posting here ;-)

And yes, I do need extra funding. Fulbright provides for the first year of study. But afterwards, I need university funding. The problem is also: I'm not allowed to work for somebody other than my university. So I don't have the possibility to just get a random job to pay for my studies. But it will all work out. I'm confident. The program is a good fit and the professor there is so great.

Congratulations! I think you've had to endure a longer wait than the rest of us, so your patience has paid off!