Artart1212 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 I am second time applicant. I applied to three SoCal schools: UCLA, UCI, and CalArts. I received an interview invite with CalArts and waiting to hear from the others. (I have a photo/sculpture emphasis.)
mfa20262026 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 I have interviewed with temple and risd. have upcoming interviews with saic and rutgers. didn't get invited to interview with yale. still waiting to hear back from cmu and columbia No-Evidence8843 1
NanBan Posted February 4 Posted February 4 56 minutes ago, tooold4artschool said: I applied to both. Received interview request from SAIC today. Nothing from SVA yet. Good luck with all of your applications! I am planning to apply to other low-res programs, like VCFA and UNR, and I am interested in anyone's feedback on low-res programs in general, or these specific ones. Thanks! Hi TO4AS, Congrats on the SAIC Low Res Interview. I hope you don't mind my asking a couple follow ups...Did they email you or update the portal with the interview info? Also, what were the days open for scheduling? Good luck with everything!
tooold4artschool Posted February 4 Posted February 4 17 minutes ago, NanBan said: Hi TO4AS, Congrats on the SAIC Low Res Interview. I hope you don't mind my asking a couple follow ups...Did they email you or update the portal with the interview info? Also, what were the days open for scheduling? Good luck with everything! Just an email, with a scheduling deadline this Friday. Dates are Sat/Sun for the next 3 weeks. For other SAIC program applicants, the message also said that each program handles their own scheduling and processing, if that helps.
NanBan Posted February 4 Posted February 4 6 minutes ago, NanBan said: Hi TO4AS, Congrats on the SAIC Low Res Interview. I hope you don't mind my asking a couple follow ups...Did they email you or update the portal with the interview info? Also, what were the days open for scheduling? Good luck with everything! Revised: I just got an email from SAIC Low Res too! I hope we both get in! I scheduled my interview for 2/14. tooold4artschool 1
No-Evidence8843 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 39 minutes ago, photophotophoto said: I have interviewed with temple and risd. have upcoming interviews with saic and rutgers. didn't get invited to interview with yale. still waiting to hear back from cmu and columbia What date did you get an interview request with rutgers? Also, are you photography (assuming by the username)? When you say you didn't get invited by Yale, is that because you haven't heard anything yet, or did you get a rejection letter?
pompom1 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 (edited) Has anyone heard back from Rutgers MFA, Northwestern or Hunter? I haven't heard anything from these and not sure if I should assume I didn't get in (painting) Edited February 4 by pompom1
bubamara Posted February 4 Posted February 4 10 minutes ago, pompom1 said: Has anyone heard back from Rutgers MFA, Northwestern or Hunter? I haven't heard anything from these and not sure if I should assume I didn't get in (painting) For painting, I got an interview request from Rutgers yesterday. In general I also interviewed with UT Austin and UGA. No-Evidence8843 1
k8lyn Posted February 4 Posted February 4 Has anyone heard from University of New Mexico? I interviewed with Temple last week, and I am still waiting to hear from UT Austin and Rutgers, but I am starting to feel doubtful about those two 🫣 i applied for photo
Emolibra97 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 (edited) 2 hours ago, marxista said: Not sure for those two, but remember that for UCLA is common to be interviewed but not necessary to be accepted—in fact really good applicants get accepted without an interview. There is always hope ❤️ This gives some hope thank you! Also I’m not sure if they even reach out to the recommenders I haven’t heard any updates from mine. edit: also if they do request a letter I worry my recommenders won’t see the email! I wonder what happens in this case. Edited February 4 by Emolibra97
146sba Posted February 4 Posted February 4 does anyone know of any other forums or subreddits as active as this one? im just waiting for yale painting and wanting to know if other people on the internet have shared about getting an interview request yet. that being said i heard they have contacted people in waves in the past
noplace Posted February 4 Posted February 4 1 hour ago, pompom1 said: Has anyone heard back from Rutgers MFA, Northwestern or Hunter? I haven't heard anything from these and not sure if I should assume I didn't get in (painting) i got a request for hunter for painting yesterday morning
No-Evidence8843 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 1 hour ago, bubamara said: For painting, I got an interview request from Rutgers yesterday. In general I also interviewed with UT Austin and UGA. Was your interview request an online format, or did they ask to come in person?
j_art Posted February 4 Posted February 4 3 hours ago, Indigoshale said: I also applied to University of Maryland. No word yet either. I noticed that their current cohort all seem to have one main discipline, and then a secondary one. Like, sculptors are also doing sound art, or socially engaged art. Painters and printmakers are also doing performance, or poetry. I’m a little worried now. Like, do I need to develop a second or third discipline to be accepted? Wow that’s interesting. I’m not sure 🤔
lrnpntng Posted February 4 Posted February 4 (edited) 4 hours ago, Indigoshale said: I also applied to University of Maryland. No word yet either. I noticed that their current cohort all seem to have one main discipline, and then a secondary one. Like, sculptors are also doing sound art, or socially engaged art. Painters and printmakers are also doing performance, or poetry. I’m a little worried now. Like, do I need to develop a second or third discipline to be accepted? Hey! I'm not sure that it is a requirement of theirs, but it seems like that is the kind of cohort they try to build at UMD. They were actually on my list, but I ended up not applying because of how interdisciplinary their program seemed, and how much they seemed to love tech and art. I personally am more of a capital P Painter and am not interested in dipping my toes in other mediums that aren't 2D. Edited February 4 by lrnpntng Indigoshale and j_art 2
Zipperhead Posted February 4 Posted February 4 (edited) Did anyone receive an interview request for RISD photo? Edited February 4 by Zipperhead
marxista Posted February 4 Posted February 4 22 hours ago, waiting2026 said: Got an interview invite from UCLA (new genres) today. had thought I was rejected until yesterday, what a relief lol awesome! Is yours saturday?
wind55 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 18 minutes ago, Painting1 said: Hi, has anyone heard back from NYU Steinhardt MFA? Hi i got an interview request from them last Friday Painting1 1
bubamara Posted February 5 Posted February 5 2 hours ago, No-Evidence8843 said: Was your interview request an online format, or did they ask to come in person? They offered both! No-Evidence8843 1
L4mp Posted February 5 Posted February 5 1 hour ago, marxista said: Anyone got an interview for RISD D+M? I just had interview with them. It was chill, with two faculty members, but they keep it short and questions seem general. So it's not conversational except for the last part where you ask them questions. I was a bit nervous but my answers flowed ok. They said that we would hear back at the end of first week of March. Fingers crossed.
L4mp Posted February 5 Posted February 5 On 2/3/2026 at 12:37 AM, 5280stwu said: Heyy I also got an invitation from RISD D+M, also on Feb. 4. Do you want to maybe talk about it a bit? Hey sorry I just saw this, I just commented on the interview you may check it out. I was likely one of the last people they talked to, I can't say negative or positive from the way they react. Hope it went/goes well for you!
marxista Posted February 5 Posted February 5 10 minutes ago, L4mp said: I just had interview with them. It was chill, with two faculty members, but they keep it short and questions seem general. So it's not conversational except for the last part where you ask them questions. I was a bit nervous but my answers flowed ok. They said that we would hear back at the end of first week of March. Fingers crossed. same! I asked about AI art and their position about it—happy to report they are very critical and serious around the topic. They did say they received around 250 applications and there are only 12 slots tho… and its expensive :,(
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now