artschoolfrenzy Posted February 6 Posted February 6 Do we think SVA already sent all acceptances? NanBan 1
marxista Posted February 6 Posted February 6 17 hours ago, Arrrrrt said: Hi has anyone heard from Yale sculpture I know the other disciplines have gotten responses this week I think they sent interview requests yesterday. Not sure…didn’t get one.
crying Posted February 6 Posted February 6 1 hour ago, marxista said: I think they sent interview requests yesterday. Not sure…didn’t get one. Shit really 🥴🥴 me neither Got an interview with rutgers but I live in europe, do we think being in person makes a big difference? I imagine they would understand...
Moodyapplier Posted February 6 Posted February 6 Rejected from Yale painting yesterday and Hunter today … haven’t heard from SAIC but got an email from their photo department (so odd) but figured that will be a rejection too bc I did see a few people in here get interviews. Holding out hope and prepping for my interview with Boston Uni SocialKonstruct 1
Florhar Posted February 6 Posted February 6 I’ve applied to photo for VCU - nothing yet SAIC - nothing yet Pratt - nothing yet Parsons - nothing yet SVA - accepted MassArt - interview, nothing yet UConn - oh dang it Indiana Uni - declined Uni Michigan - nothing yet NYU - nothing yet No-Evidence8843 1
Pommekites Posted February 6 Posted February 6 (edited) portal rejection from Yale sculpture on February 6 (no email notification ) Edited February 6 by Pommekites SocialKonstruct 1
person41925 Posted February 7 Posted February 7 Did anyone hear anything from ucb after interviewing? Its been over 2 weeks :(
pisschristdad Posted February 7 Posted February 7 56 minutes ago, Pommekites said: portal rejection from Yale sculpture on February 6 (no email notification ) sameee got an email with a portal update rejection 💔
marxista Posted February 7 Posted February 7 49 minutes ago, pisschristdad said: has anyone heard from umd or alfred for sculpture? I got an interview from Alfred a couple days ago pisschristdad 1
TwhowantsanMFA Posted February 7 Posted February 7 2 hours ago, person41925 said: Did anyone hear anything from ucb after interviewing? Its been over 2 weeks Still waiting, too. Suspecting that means no but 🤞
TwhowantsanMFA Posted February 7 Posted February 7 23 hours ago, arthurrussell said: I got a quick call from a UCSB prof that they are nominating me for a fellowship 😭😭 This is an informal acceptance, right?? I’m so ecstatic. I was really questioning my life this past year, but I’m glad this whole application period is turning out better than I was dreading. Congrats to all those who have received good news so far, and rooting for everyone! Everything happens for a reason 🙏🏽🙏🏽 That's so exciting! I got the UCSB campus trip/final interview invite today, so yay! And yes, in your case, I assume that's an acceptance. Huge congrats!
Foehn Posted February 7 Posted February 7 Ahh, and now the truly painful part of the app process: acceptances and silent rejections. Still no word from UCI on my end. Anyone hear back about an interview? I know they were planning on interviewing starting on the 9th so I'm not getting my hopes up. No email from UC Davis after my 10 minute interview so I'm taking that as a silent rejection. Not surprised but pretty bummed out. Crossing my fingers for UCR and over preparing for my UCSD interview next week!
Emolibra97 Posted February 7 Posted February 7 (edited) 1 hour ago, Foehn said: Ahh, and now the truly painful part of the app process: acceptances and silent rejections. Still no word from UCI on my end. Anyone hear back about an interview? I know they were planning on interviewing starting on the 9th so I'm not getting my hopes up. No email from UC Davis after my 10 minute interview so I'm taking that as a silent rejection. Not surprised but pretty bummed out. Crossing my fingers for UCR and over preparing for my UCSD interview next week! Also hoping to hear back from UCI but nothing. Starting to lose hope on that I guess since it’s already Friday night. Any chance they could reach out on a Saturday? Edited February 7 by Emolibra97
pisschristdad Posted February 7 Posted February 7 3 hours ago, marxista said: I got an interview from Alfred a couple days ago congrats!! ty
Pommekites Posted February 7 Posted February 7 Scanning past posts but I can't seem to find much info on VCU sculpture's interview or when they sent invitations out, has anyone here applied before? 🙏🙏
Foehn Posted February 7 Posted February 7 1 hour ago, Emolibra97 said: Also hoping to hear back from UCI but nothing. Starting to lose hope on that I guess since it’s already Friday night. Any chance they could reach out on a Saturday? ~*anything is possible*~ but I'm keeping my expectations low.
marxista Posted February 7 Posted February 7 3 hours ago, Pommekites said: Scanning past posts but I can't seem to find much info on VCU sculpture's interview or when they sent invitations out, has anyone here applied before? 🙏🙏 I was waitlisted last year late february, like the 26 or 27th Pommekites 1
artworkaholic Posted February 7 Posted February 7 I'm also waiting on UCI! So sad with the silence. I'd rather receive a rejection so I can stop refreshing my email portal!! Has anyone had a inverview with Boston U. in the past? It is my first interview and Im quiet nervous, mainly because English is not my mother language and I get extra insecure (even tho I have successfully taken my proficiency test, I still get nervous with specific vocabulary - so I'm trying to prepare possible useful sentences - not to memorize, but to familiarize myself with). I will appreciate any tips you guys have!
Pommekites Posted February 7 Posted February 7 4 hours ago, marxista said: I was waitlisted last year late february, like the 26 or 27th Thanks for the info! best of luck with this new cycle. May I ask if it was after an interview or was it just an waitlist decision?
marxista Posted February 7 Posted February 7 3 hours ago, Pommekites said: Thanks for the info! best of luck with this new cycle. May I ask if it was after an interview or was it just an waitlist decision? portal updated as waitlisted
waiting2026 Posted February 7 Posted February 7 anyone who has interviewed with ucla? I finished mine and feels a bit rough… I’d appreciate if you could share how your interview went (like what kind of questions and what the overall atmosphere was like) If you’re comfortable with sharing, feel free to message me! SocialKonstruct 1
perchperkins Posted February 7 Posted February 7 To whoever I briefly met today during the SAIC printmedia call with faculty (if you're out there..), good luck to you all and I hope you all did well on your interviews!! manifesting that we all get in ✨ sloan 1
Valleebb Posted February 7 Posted February 7 2 hours ago, waiting2026 said: anyone who has interviewed with ucla? I finished mine and feels a bit rough… I’d appreciate if you could share how your interview went (like what kind of questions and what the overall atmosphere was like) If you’re comfortable with sharing, feel free to message me! Could you share a little more about your interview? I have not had mine. What about it felt rough? Who interviewed you, what was the most challenging question, the easiest, and what focus were you in? I'll do the same!
waiting2026 Posted February 7 Posted February 7 13 minutes ago, Valleebb said: Could you share a little more about your interview? I have not had mine. What about it felt rough? Who interviewed you, what was the most challenging question, the easiest, and what focus were you in? I'll do the same! Sure! I was interviewing for new genres, and my interview was with both faculty members in the department. Compared to some other schools, the tone felt a bit more formal. Happy to exchange more details after we’ve both interviewed. Wishing you the best with yours! SocialKonstruct and Valleebb 1 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now