146sba Posted February 3 Posted February 3 For those whom it is helpful (because for me the not knowing much harder than anything else), i got an interview notification this afternoon from Hunter (painting). sending a lot of love to you all!! lrnpntng, Essa_, spider16 and 1 other 4
valvalval Posted February 3 Posted February 3 Congratulations!! Do you know if Hunter sends out all of their interview invites at the same time? I also applied for painting. Thanks!
Emolibra97 Posted February 3 Posted February 3 Just got the portal update email from Yale. No interview!!! 🙅♂️🚫
MFA26 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 Received an interview invite from CMU earlier today. Sharing in case it’s helpful. This waiting game has been incredibly stressful, so wishing you all some calm and good luck in the coming days (I definitely need some)! j_art and Essa_ 2
artluv Posted February 4 Posted February 4 @Emolibra97 sending you a virtual hug! 💖 hmm no portal update from Yale for me Emolibra97 1
spider16 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 14 minutes ago, artluv said: @Emolibra97 sending you a virtual hug! 💖 hmm no portal update from Yale for me same i am freaking THE HELL out
jobahza Posted February 4 Posted February 4 24 minutes ago, MFA26 said: Received an interview invite from CMU earlier today. Sharing in case it’s helpful. This waiting game has been incredibly stressful, so wishing you all some calm and good luck in the coming days (I definitely need some)! Dang, congrats! Good to know they're reaching out, but unfortunately I didn't get an invite.
spider16 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 1 hour ago, Emolibra97 said: Just got the portal update email from Yale. No interview!!! 🙅♂️🚫 Sorry to hear it Do you mind if I ask what discipline you're applying for?
waiting2026 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 (edited) Got an interview invite from UCLA (new genres) today. had thought I was rejected until yesterday, what a relief lol Edited February 4 by waiting2026 Essa_, Emolibra97, SocialKonstruct and 1 other 2 2
Emolibra97 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 1 hour ago, artluv said: @Emolibra97 sending you a virtual hug! 💖 hmm no portal update from Yale for me Ty! Rooting for you guys!
Moodyapplier Posted February 4 Posted February 4 1 hour ago, Emolibra97 said: Just got the portal update email from Yale. No interview!!! 🙅♂️🚫 What is the update if you don’t mind sharing
Emolibra97 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 1 hour ago, spider16 said: Sorry to hear it Do you mind if I ask what discipline you're applying for? Photography! And it’s ok! It wasn’t meant to be. I feel really good with my interview at UO and I’m still waiting on UCLA and UCI. spider16 1
Essa_ Posted February 4 Posted February 4 Any painters hear from UCLA or UCSD? Wishing u all the very best!! 💓
146sba Posted February 4 Posted February 4 Just now, Essa_ said: Any painters hear from UCLA or UCSD? Wishing u all the very best!! 💓 Hi, i did hear from ucla about an interview for painting on sunday. wishing you the best Essa_ 1
Moodyapplier Posted February 4 Posted February 4 3 hours ago, valvalval said: Congratulations!! Do you know if Hunter sends out all of their interview invites at the same time? I also applied for painting. Thanks! I’m also wondering this for all schools… does anyone know if it’s one or two rounds of interviews?
Pommekites Posted February 4 Posted February 4 Hi everyone here, my concentration is in Sculpture, I just got an interview with Hunter, still waiting to hear back from: Yale, Columbia, Bard, VCU It's my first time applying so I went big lol.... I particularly want to know when does VCU send out invites or decisions, or if anyone has experience applying. (Additional info: I also applied to programs in Art therapy and have received interviews from art schools like SVA and Pratt in late January)
sloan Posted February 4 Posted February 4 (edited) Raise ur hand if ur staying up just in case Yale releases around midnight lol. This application cycle is a prison Edit: Given my severe lack of portal updates...I'd like to officially apologize folks. Edited February 4 by sloan I got it wrong and I'm very sorry for the false hope gdhopeful, 146sba and spider16 3
j_art Posted February 4 Posted February 4 Applied to 5 programs for studio art MFA (painting) UC Berkeley UCSD UC Davis University of Maryland Rutgers Havent heard from any of them yet.
jobahza Posted February 4 Posted February 4 Not really that important, just curious. Does anyone know why some people get changes in their portal and some do not? For example, I was contacted via email about UW Madison Waitlist and Ohio State Rejection - but on the application portal it still says "under review." How come some applicants are shown advancements such as "decided" and some not?
Indigoshale Posted February 4 Posted February 4 7 hours ago, j_art said: Applied to 5 programs for studio art MFA (painting) UC Berkeley UCSD UC Davis University of Maryland Rutgers Havent heard from any of them yet. I also applied to University of Maryland. No word yet either. I noticed that their current cohort all seem to have one main discipline, and then a secondary one. Like, sculptors are also doing sound art, or socially engaged art. Painters and printmakers are also doing performance, or poetry. I’m a little worried now. Like, do I need to develop a second or third discipline to be accepted?
Artart1212 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 Has anyone heard from ucla photo or sculpture regarding interviews?
marxista Posted February 4 Posted February 4 14 minutes ago, Artart1212 said: Has anyone heard from ucla photo or sculpture regarding interviews? Not sure for those two, but remember that for UCLA is common to be interviewed but not necessary to be accepted—in fact really good applicants get accepted without an interview. There is always hope ❤️ j_art 1
realhumanperson Posted February 4 Posted February 4 This is my first cycle applying and sharing my stats/updates. More data is always helpful: SAIC (Painting/Drawing): Interview invite on Jan 28, Interview on Feb 2 UCLA (Design Media Arts): Interview invite on Jan 29, Interview on Feb 6 CMU: No response, no portal update Yale (Painting/Printmaking): No response, no portal update VCU (Painting/Printmaking): No response, no portal update UWisconsin: Rejection on Feb 3 (I had last-minute slideroom issues and wasn't able to submit my portfolio but I had already applied on the grad application portal. So not surprised by the rejection!) j_art 1
tooold4artschool Posted February 4 Posted February 4 On 2/2/2026 at 6:57 PM, NanBan said: Is anyone applying to SAIC Low Res Program? If yes, have you heard about an interview yet? I’m also wondering if anyone is applying to SVA Art Practice (mostly remote) and if you have heard anything from them? What about Bard (I think they don’t let us know about interviews until mid Feb, right?)? The waiting is the hardest part (I’m singing this like Tom Petty). I applied to both. Received interview request from SAIC today. Nothing from SVA yet. Good luck with all of your applications! I am planning to apply to other low-res programs, like VCFA and UNR, and I am interested in anyone's feedback on low-res programs in general, or these specific ones. Thanks! NanBan 1
Artart1212 Posted February 4 Posted February 4 11 minutes ago, marxista said: Not sure for those two, but remember that for UCLA is common to be interviewed but not necessary to be accepted—in fact really good applicants get accepted without an interview. There is always hope ❤️ Needed that! Thank you. Essa_ 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now