actualair Posted February 25 Posted February 25 Half expecting NYU to drop tomorrow — last year it was 2/26 and the year before a bunch went out on 2/26. Fingers crossed for funded offer
inaudiblezine Posted February 25 Posted February 25 21 minutes ago, bucket said: i did! after almost dying of anxiety for like two weeks straight i got a waitlist. i don’t know if they’ve sent many rejections yet or not ?? i think i saw one rejection on draft a while ago but none since then…. idk man i wish schools didn’t draw things out like this it’s bad for our health waitlist is good! hope you get in! I still haven't heard anything yet so im not really expecting anything anymore
gafoo Posted February 25 Posted February 25 Why does it seem like every single VCU waitlister got told they were "quite high" on the waitlist lmao
Walter Hartwell White Posted February 25 Posted February 25 35 minutes ago, gafoo said: Why does it seem like every single VCU waitlister got told they were "quite high" on the waitlist lmao Maybe it’s not a large one to begin with? No idea
gafoo Posted February 25 Posted February 25 11 minutes ago, Walter Hartwell White said: Maybe it’s not a large one to begin with? No idea It might just be a selection bias thing or something (only those who got told "high up" put it in the notes; those who were higher up on the waitlist are overrepresented in Draft, etc) — but we can't all be high up on a waitlist! The existence of an ordered list implies some of us would be lower on it! Walter Hartwell White 1
tonybump Posted February 25 Posted February 25 Are we still waiting on Syracuse and U Arizona for Fiction? ocurlyfries 1
meanwhile Posted February 25 Posted February 25 is there any data on when McNeese State typically notifies?
Ogwick Posted February 25 Posted February 25 (edited) 5 hours ago, guntherpingu said: Not feeling great today, friends. I applied to five programs (phd). So far, I have one waitlist and three rejections. The last school I'm waiting on is the University of Missouri, and I have a feeling they're going to reject me too (but hey, you never know). Part of me was expecting to be rejected everywhere, like I was when I applied for MFAs the first go-around, so I feel grateful for my waitlist. At the same time, I know what it's like to wait until April 15th, hoping someone turns down their spot so I can be admitted, and that shit sucks (happened to me during my second cycle, which ended in a rejection, and then in my third, which was an acceptance)... I wish this process wasn't so incredibly unpredictable. My heart goes out to my fellow applicants with only waitlists and even moreso to those with all rejections. For my sanity, I'm going to start making plans for my future as if I'm not going to a phd program in the fall. If I happen to get in (woo-hoo!), I'll alter my plans from there. For now, I need to finish revising/editing my thesis. I hope y'all are being kind to yourselves--it takes a lot of courage to willingly go through such a vulnerable and tiresome application process with ridiculously small acceptance rates. The application process and the completion of a MFA thesis to submit is really the prime reason I applied this year. Forced me to do it etc. Everyone on this thread should be proud of themselves that they made the effort. They took the shot. Believe me — that separates you from 90% of the rest of the world. Doesn't mean auto money or success, but this effort should be primarily one of passion anyway (news headline - writing doesn’t pay well, FYI.. sorry if that is news!) Edited February 25 by Ogwick
womaninthevoid Posted February 25 Posted February 25 15 hours ago, illumikitten said: Has anyone interviewed with any programs that would be willing to speak on what to expect? i had an interview today. it was very informal—the director asked me a few questions specifically about my writing sample, asked about my journey as a writer etc (not traditional, i’ve never had any experience in literature or english), and then talked about the program itself. i think its pretty consistent from what i’ve heard from other programs—its less of an interview (they already know they like you as a writer), and more of a “make sure they’d want to spend 2+ years with you” lol. i was pretty nervous before it because i didn’t know what to expect, but afterwards i felt dumb for being so nervous haha. good luck!! Emblazonries, ocurlyfries, Ogwick and 1 other 3 1
hermione granger Posted February 25 Posted February 25 30 minutes ago, tonybump said: Are we still waiting on Syracuse and U Arizona for Fiction? yes to syracuse. i suspect friday 2/27 but i've guessed wrong like twice now. third time's a charm tonybump, XXY, womaninthevoid and 1 other 3 1
impatientjoy Posted February 25 Posted February 25 Do yall think when you find out about a decision via an email about a portal update that they are all sent at once? I understand why the personal emails come in staggered but curious about generic automated emails
XXY Posted February 25 Posted February 25 14 minutes ago, hermione granger said: yes to syracuse. i suspect friday 2/27 but i've guessed wrong like twice now. third time's a charm This is now canon hermione granger 1
Sumire11 Posted February 25 Posted February 25 Just curious, but what's up with the fiction results at Arkansas? TBlack1697 1
strawberrymatcha Posted February 25 Posted February 25 54 minutes ago, impatientjoy said: Do yall think when you find out about a decision via an email about a portal update that they are all sent at once? I understand why the personal emails come in staggered but curious about generic automated emails I think they still stagger them sometimes 😕 so it depends on the school! in my experience, some generic decisions were staggered by minutes while others were staggered by weeks...
tryingmybest420 Posted February 25 Posted February 25 Hi all! Anyone know if interviews have gone out for UCSD for playwriting?
marsmentality Posted February 25 Posted February 25 Anyone else apply to the University of Oregon? it's my last school to hear back from (rejected from everywhere else unless Iowa somehow waitlists me)... Hoping for some better news there but I've kind of accepted that I will probably be right back here next year. Oh well! 🙂
nonsense Posted February 25 Posted February 25 44 minutes ago, marsmentality said: Anyone else apply to the University of Oregon? it's my last school to hear back from (rejected from everywhere else unless Iowa somehow waitlists me)... Hoping for some better news there but I've kind of accepted that I will probably be right back here next year. Oh well! 🙂 I applied to University of Oregon as well! I haven't heard anything yet.
precociousreader Posted February 26 Posted February 26 just got my first acceptance! iowa playwright's workshop! and i'm nominated for an arts fellowship and have a bunch of other scholarships i qualify for! i'm still waiting to hear back from the other two programs i interviewed for (i only just interviewed for brown today so it's gonna be a minute) but !! no matter what happens!! i'm going to school!!! i can't believe it. my only goal was to get just one interview. it's my first application cycle and i know how talented everyone is and how hard it can be to get there. i'm just. blown away. i wish this joy to everyone in this group, y'all have kept me company and sane during this process ❤️ Strawberry14, lisichka, marsmentality and 15 others 18
gm3 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 Ngl I feel a bit lost again because I hadn't looked at the spreadsheet in the Facebook group for AWHILE until today, when I didn't receive an email from VCU. Every time I am banking on hearing from a school, I hear from a different one, or it's just complete silence lol. I am excited for my Waitlist at Temple, but I have the same reservations about "did everyone get the same 'high on the ranked waitlist' email? So I still have my fingers crossed as I would love to attend if it's funded!! It was validating as a fiction writer to get a waitlist this year, regardless. I also saw Notre Dame started interviews, so I may not be up for that anymore, but who knows. Either way, still waiting to hear from 6 more schools... I have tentatively been rejected from 5 of 11 schools I applied to, with three not sending out a formal rejection yet lol. Congrats to everyone who has been waitlisted and accepted this month!! Hoping for more good news for everyone!! Sumire11 1
Sumire11 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 2 minutes ago, gm3 said: Ngl I feel a bit lost again because I hadn't looked at the spreadsheet in the Facebook group for AWHILE until today, when I didn't receive an email from VCU. Every time I am banking on hearing from a school, I hear from a different one, or it's just complete silence lol. I am excited for my Waitlist at Temple, but I have the same reservations about "did everyone get the same 'high on the ranked waitlist' email? So I still have my fingers crossed as I would love to attend if it's funded!! It was validating as a fiction writer to get a waitlist this year, regardless. I also saw Notre Dame started interviews, so I may not be up for that anymore, but who knows. Either way, still waiting to hear from 6 more schools... I have tentatively been rejected from 5 of 11 schools I applied to, with three not sending out a formal rejection yet lol. Congrats to everyone who has been waitlisted and accepted this month!! Hoping for more good news for everyone!! For some reason, your name reminds me of Gabe Newell so... Half Life 3 confirmed? Also, I hope you get into Temple man. Ogwick 1
gm3 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 4 minutes ago, Sumire11 said: For some reason, your name reminds me of Gabe Newell so... Half Life 3 confirmed? Also, I hope you get into Temple man. Thank you! and LOL not even close! Hosting some writing sprints in the facebook group has helped me stay productive also during the wait time - are you waiting on your schools also?
Sumire11 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 2 minutes ago, gm3 said: Thank you! and LOL not even close! Hosting some writing sprints in the facebook group has helped me stay productive also during the wait time - are you waiting on your schools also? The remaining ones yes. Hang in there man. Ogwick 1
illumikitten Posted February 26 Posted February 26 4 hours ago, womaninthevoid said: i had an interview today. it was very informal—the director asked me a few questions specifically about my writing sample, asked about my journey as a writer etc (not traditional, i’ve never had any experience in literature or english), and then talked about the program itself. i think its pretty consistent from what i’ve heard from other programs—its less of an interview (they already know they like you as a writer), and more of a “make sure they’d want to spend 2+ years with you” lol. i was pretty nervous before it because i didn’t know what to expect, but afterwards i felt dumb for being so nervous haha. good luck!! Thank you so much for this, I get really bad interview anxiety the unknown can sometimes be worse than the interview. Ogwick and womaninthevoid 1 1
bucket Posted February 26 Posted February 26 irvine fiction acceptance on draft…… i think they historically notify all acceptances on the same day. very sad about this one, lads. it is truly Rough out here XXY and SocialKonstruct 1 1
impatientjoy Posted February 26 Posted February 26 Did we miss Oregon state poetry acceptances and all the waitlists?? Or do we think the waitlists just aren’t posting?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now