Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
6 minutes ago, greenleaf said:

correct me if i'm wrong: my understanding is NYU admits 20ish per genre per year, more than other programs because full funding is not guaranteed. all the poetry acceptance so far have been phone calls, so it's possible it'll be staggered over a few days for deborah laundau to make all the calls. which means we might be anxious messes through next week...

From last year's info - they call the big funding folks, then email. But the emails do extend a while.

Posted
55 minutes ago, BowelMovement said:

This is slightly unrelated, but I have been checking my mailbox every single day for an Iowa letter even though I'm a poetry applicant and even though I know they won't be here until March. My heart rate gets super high just by being in close proximity to the mailbox and I guess that's my daily cardio exercise. Anyway I find a new way to torture myself every day:) 

You should sign up for Informed Delivery if in the US! It’s free with USPS on the website. It’ll send pictures of what you’re getting in the mail to your email every morning so you only have to check your mailbox if you need to! Still a form of torture, but may make the mailbox less scary and focus everything to the email LOL

 

11 minutes ago, A E said:

Still no word and it's been over two days now. Has anyone else heard anything? I'm praying that this departure from the norm (rejections not coming out the day after acceptances) means there's still hope, though the fact that there's already a waitlist throws a wrench in this hope...

And I’ve been wondering about this! Now I’m wishing whoever was wondering if miffy was lying was right 😭 but I don’t really think that. It is weird there was only one acceptance and one waitlist, though, and then crickets. Those also came out so early compared to previous years and then possible rejections so late. So maybe they’re doing it differently. I don’t know, but I hope we find out soon

Posted
1 minute ago, LouPatt said:

Okay, side question: when do JHU rejections come out? Like, why do I feel like I have been waiting for years?

Yup last year people got rejected in mid March which was actually diabolical, so I'm not expecting much from them

Posted
2 minutes ago, womanonline said:

You should sign up for Informed Delivery if in the US! It’s free with USPS on the website. It’ll send pictures of what you’re getting in the mail to your email every morning so you only have to check your mailbox if you need to! Still a form of torture, but may make the mailbox less scary and focus everything to the email LOL

 

And I’ve been wondering about this! Now I’m wishing whoever was wondering if miffy was lying was right 😭 but I don’t really think that. It is weird there was only one acceptance and one waitlist, though, and then crickets. Those also came out so early compared to previous years and then possible rejections so late. So maybe they’re doing it differently. I don’t know, but I hope we find out soon

Historically, Iowa NWP has sent out its rejections by email, though! And ugh I have been thinking about this miffy every single day since 2/23. Glad I'm not the only one...

The fact that on the NWP calendar, it says "Tuesday, February 24, NWP House: 4:30pm: Recruit the Newbies! Help advise the NWP’s newly admitted Class of 2029 about their future plans. Come for an informational meeting with Melissa to find out how you can help" is wreaking havoc on my nervous system.

Posted
3 minutes ago, A E said:

Historically, Iowa NWP has sent out its rejections by email, though! And ugh I have been thinking about this miffy every single day since 2/23. Glad I'm not the only one...

The fact that on the NWP calendar, it says "Tuesday, February 24, NWP House: 4:30pm: Recruit the Newbies! Help advise the NWP’s newly admitted Class of 2029 about their future plans. Come for an informational meeting with Melissa to find out how you can help" is wreaking havoc on my nervous system.

I don’t think BowelMovement applied for CNF; I was just passing along the info for them! But I think all of us CNF folks are jealous of miffy. In a lot of ways, I had big dreams thinking I would be miffy so I’m keeping an eye on it. Living vicariously through them at the moment.

I did not know about the NWP calendar …. That seems so soon if it’s true that they all went out two days ago? It sounds like that’s to find current students to help with the newbies later, not like that meeting occurred then. So maybe Febos is just getting everything in order. Still… the silence all around is just atrocious atm

Posted
2 hours ago, BowelMovement said:

I think it's because everyone in the program gets different funding packages. The biggest funding package (Goldwater fellowship, I think) comes out first, and then the others trickle in.

longtime lurker who finally made an account....does anyone know about NYU nonfiction??? does it come out similar timing to fiction/poetry? stress sweating over here

Posted
3 minutes ago, womanonline said:

I don’t think BowelMovement applied for CNF; I was just passing along the info for them! But I think all of us CNF folks are jealous of miffy. In a lot of ways, I had big dreams thinking I would be miffy so I’m keeping an eye on it. Living vicariously through them at the moment.

I did not know about the NWP calendar …. That seems so soon if it’s true that they all went out two days ago? It sounds like that’s to find current students to help with the newbies later, not like that meeting occurred then. So maybe Febos is just getting everything in order. Still… the silence all around is just atrocious atm

Oh, oops! I just signed up for GradCafe (out of sheer desperation) today, so I'm still getting used to the way this thing is formatted. For some reason, I thought your post was a reply to mine?

Upon rereading, I think you're right about the calendar. Glad that the chance of still getting an acceptance are in fact exceedingly slim and not absolute zero, haha...

Posted
25 minutes ago, A E said:

Historically, Iowa NWP has sent out its rejections by email, though! And ugh I have been thinking about this miffy every single day since 2/23. Glad I'm not the only one...

The fact that on the NWP calendar, it says "Tuesday, February 24, NWP House: 4:30pm: Recruit the Newbies! Help advise the NWP’s newly admitted Class of 2029 about their future plans. Come for an informational meeting with Melissa to find out how you can help" is wreaking havoc on my nervous system.

oh what that’s so confusing😭

Posted
1 hour ago, BowelMovement said:

This is slightly unrelated, but I have been checking my mailbox every single day for an Iowa letter even though I'm a poetry applicant and even though I know they won't be here until March. My heart rate gets super high just by being in close proximity to the mailbox and I guess that's my daily cardio exercise. Anyway I find a new way to torture myself every day:) 

me too, me too

Posted
1 hour ago, illumikitten said:

Had my interview today and I feel like it went well! Thank you so much for your experience, it really helped put my head on straight for it and calm down a little haha.

that’s great to hear!! i’m glad i could’ve helped. now i’m wondering if we interviewed at the same place haha… what genre are you? :)

Posted
15 minutes ago, lisichka said:

an hour and a half since the one UT Austin NWP acceptance...
sitting and waiting like spongebob at the diner

can the applicants at the top of the alphabet start checking their portals for decisions in michener style please

Posted
1 minute ago, hermione granger said:

can the applicants at the top of the alphabet start checking their portals for decisions in michener style please

what's your letter hermione

Posted
34 minutes ago, womaninthevoid said:

that’s great to hear!! i’m glad i could’ve helped. now i’m wondering if we interviewed at the same place haha… what genre are you? :)

Fiction! ND interview! 

Posted
9 minutes ago, MamaCats said:

Just my 2 cents... Fort Collins is gorgeous... and a LOT less expensive than Ithaca!!! (Program differences not factored in at all!) 

And CONGRATS!!!

hehe do u mind deleting i guess they didnt want me to do that LMAO

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use