precociousreader Posted March 1 Posted March 1 ut austin playwriting acceptance hit the draft sheet...is it time to cut my losses there... bluecarpet 1
SocialKonstruct Posted March 1 Posted March 1 19 minutes ago, Scribe said: UCI acceptances are out BUT the waitlist is not confirmed. Thanks for the heads up. Probably rejected in that case but unsure. Going to pivot to my last two. USC and Antioch.
womaninthevoid Posted March 1 Posted March 1 for those of you wondering about iowa fiction, orangemittens on drafts gave juicy info: he/she/they were the last person sam reached out to for the “original pool of successful applicants”. for admissions this year, sam narrowed the manuscripts down to 50-60, then four visiting faculty (that will eventually be teachers) voted on them. successful applicants required a minimum of 2 of 4 votes. i thought this was super useful information into the decision making process of iowa for future applicants or future waitlisters. anyway good luck to everybody!! bluecarpet, marsmentality, hermione granger and 2 others 5
arghgradapps Posted March 1 Posted March 1 I was waitlisted 9 days ago and immediately sent an email says thanks and that they were my top choice, should a spot open up. Should I follow up asking if the waitlist is ranked? Or should I wait longer (and how long should I wait? mid-march?). Thank you!!! I am going crazy, as you can probably tell.
strawberrymatcha Posted March 1 Posted March 1 21 minutes ago, womaninthevoid said: for those of you wondering about iowa fiction, orangemittens on drafts gave juicy info: he/she/they were the last person sam reached out to for the “original pool of successful applicants”. for admissions this year, sam narrowed the manuscripts down to 50-60, then four visiting faculty (that will eventually be teachers) voted on them. successful applicants required a minimum of 2 of 4 votes. i thought this was super useful information into the decision making process of iowa for future applicants or future waitlisters. anyway good luck to everybody!! ooh that’s interesting and honestly kinda impressive that sam presumably goes through all of the manuscripts herself then? I also wonder if this means we’ll be seeing waitlists soon since all the acceptances are out womaninthevoid 1
womaninthevoid Posted March 1 Posted March 1 38 minutes ago, strawberrymatcha said: ooh that’s interesting and honestly kinda impressive that sam presumably goes through all of the manuscripts herself then? I also wonder if this means we’ll be seeing waitlists soon since all the acceptances are out right!! that dedication. yes i assume waitlists will be coming out early this week then 😮
madsmadsmads Posted March 1 Posted March 1 Anybody know if Iowa calls poetry acceptances on the weekends? Saw an acceptance on Friday but nothing since, could be that it’s just not represented on the draft but just curious as to what others know/think. Any idea as to when/for how long they usually call? Ahhhhhhhhhh!! runlolarun, writerinthedarkk and luna2 2 1
orangemittens Posted March 1 Posted March 1 3 hours ago, womaninthevoid said: for those of you wondering about iowa fiction, orangemittens on drafts gave juicy info: he/she/they were the last person sam reached out to for the “original pool of successful applicants”. for admissions this year, sam narrowed the manuscripts down to 50-60, then four visiting faculty (that will eventually be teachers) voted on them. successful applicants required a minimum of 2 of 4 votes. i thought this was super useful information into the decision making process of iowa for future applicants or future waitlisters. anyway good luck to everybody!! omg hi I did not expect the info to make it onto here—I just want to amend the 50-60 thing. the zoom connection was *very* spotty and that was only an estimate; not sure if it's 100% what she said. made an account here just to make sure I wasn't spreading misinformation :')) womaninthevoid 1
ssuunn Posted March 1 Posted March 1 I have no idea about when decisions will go out for University of Oregon, but I think the poetry faculty are discussing applications today... So, I would imagine decisions could likely be going out this week, at least on the poetry side. Good luck everyone! strawberrymatcha, bioluminescent sloth and madsmadsmads 3
writerinthedarkk Posted March 2 Posted March 2 (edited) 2 hours ago, madsmadsmads said: Anybody know if Iowa calls poetry acceptances on the weekends? Saw an acceptance on Friday but nothing since, could be that it’s just not represented on the draft but just curious as to what others know/think. Any idea as to when/for how long they usually call? Ahhhhhhhhhh!! On a different forum on Gradcafe - the Graduate School Admission Results One - someone got accepted yesterday. February 28th. Edited March 2 by writerinthedarkk madsmadsmads, Jim VK and runlolarun 3
womaninthevoid Posted March 2 Posted March 2 2 hours ago, orangemittens said: omg hi I did not expect the info to make it onto here—I just want to amend the 50-60 thing. the zoom connection was *very* spotty and that was only an estimate; not sure if it's 100% what she said. made an account here just to make sure I wasn't spreading misinformation :')) thanks for the clarification! sorry i did not mean to call you out by name, i just thought it was super cool that they were transparent like that and great info for future applicants. congrats by the way!! bioluminescent sloth and orangemittens 2
orangemittens Posted March 2 Posted March 2 (edited) 12 minutes ago, womaninthevoid said: thanks for the clarification! sorry i did not mean to call you out by name, i just thought it was super cool that they were transparent like that and great info for future applicants. congrats by the way!! thank u so much!! most of the info is actually public here, if anyone wants a deeper dive into the admissions process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d20LIFrIKNw&t=982s :))) Edited March 2 by orangemittens link wasn't showing
frootkoops36 Posted March 2 Posted March 2 6 hours ago, Scribe said: UCI acceptances are out BUT the waitlist is not confirmed. Dang !! For all genres ??🙂↕️ welp…
hermione granger Posted March 2 Posted March 2 syracuse acceptance in the spreadsheet omg i thought sunday meant safety ocurlyfries 1
poisony Posted March 2 Posted March 2 Hey! Long-time lurker, haha, and first-time applicant! Kinda got plugged in to drafts and gradcafe quite late (just in the last two weeks) and am a little lost on the timing of things. Would anyone happen to know when calls for successful Iowa poetry applicants would end if they started (presumably) on the 27th? Just want to anticipate a soft reject asap so I can send a brief email to a program I'm waitlisted at and confirm that they'd be my top choice if I'm accepted :')) madsmadsmads 1
Scribe Posted March 2 Posted March 2 9 minutes ago, frootkoops36 said: Dang !! For all genres ??🙂↕️ welp… First, TheGradCafe might be the worst website with which I have ever had to deal. I get kicked out of response boxes, am unrecognized by password, are forbidden from filling out mandatory fields, and rejected from confirming my credentials. Horrible. It's the second biggest reason I haven't been checking in and supporting this cycle. I'm sorry to say that I'm pretty sure I won't be back here next year. frootkoops, I only know about fiction. Sorry, I should have specified. Glad you asked.
lizard in a blizzard Posted March 2 Posted March 2 Crazy that a Syracuse acceptance went out on a Sunday! Should we assume they’ve called everyone?
Hank Moody Posted March 2 Posted March 2 2 hours ago, lizard in a blizzard said: Crazy that a Syracuse acceptance went out on a Sunday! Should we assume they’ve called everyone? I would assume so, they only take 4 or 5 people so I can't imagine they're staggering it. It was definitely surprise attack seeing that in the sheet on the weekend.
bioluminescent sloth Posted March 2 Posted March 2 aaaaaaaaaaaa losing my mind a little bit here knowing I could hear back from 3 of my top programs any minute now quetza1e5, meanwhile and imgonnapuke 2 1
meanwhile Posted March 2 Posted March 2 (edited) just got the email to check the portal and received an official reject from U of Minnesota 😕 was expecting it, but what a way to start Monday Edited March 2 by meanwhile delraiser, Strawberry14, madsmadsmads and 2 others 5
madsmadsmads Posted March 2 Posted March 2 Do we think Iowa is done calling poetry applicants? Are we just waiting on waitlists? Also, where is everyone expecting to hear from this week? runlolarun 1
womanonline Posted March 2 Posted March 2 (edited) Who are we all hoping to hear from this week? I'm expecting Colorado State (I actually think they're a little late?), NYU, and Columbia. Potentially UNM and UNLV. I think it's going to be a busy week. Wishing everybody luck!!! Also -- is anyone else still confused about Iowa NWP? Why did they just send out one acceptance and waitlist on the same day over a week ago and then disappear? Plus, it was historically very early for them to be reaching out. Still holding onto impossible hope for that, I think Edited March 2 by womanonline added a question
junebugboy Posted March 2 Posted March 2 Any thoughts about Alabama? It looks like historically they've sent out decisions in mid to late February, but my application is still "under departmental review." I applied in poetry. I see one CNF acceptance, a couple fiction waitlists and a single poetry waitlist on the sheet. Can't wait for this all to be over. I'm mostly accepting getting rejected everywhere and getting excited about the programs I'm going to apply to next cycle, a lot of which I didn't consider at all for this cycle. madsmadsmads and meanwhile 2
lizard in a blizzard Posted March 2 Posted March 2 dear whoever got into Syracuse on draft, plz tell us more junebugboy, julesr, ocurlyfries and 1 other 4
greenleaf Posted March 2 Posted March 2 new mexico acceptances out one in each genre ;-; on my knees begging new mexico, arizona, and nyu to put me out of my misery this week meanwhile, womanonline and bluecarpet 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now