Womp womp...

ViridianMambo

I got this in one yesterday: "Unfortunately, the committee has decided not to recommend your admission and I concur with this decision."

OH THANKS YOU BOTH HATE ME.

Let's just rub a little salt in the wound, shall we? My goodness.

I got this in one yesterday: "Unfortunately, the committee has decided not to recommend your admission and I concur with this decision."

OH THANKS YOU BOTH HATE ME.

LMAO! Here's the one our school sends to our denials (yes, I work at a grad school in the admissions department):

"We sincerely appreciate your thinking of us, and wish you the best of luck at the institution that wants you."

The first time I read that, I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Now . . . not so much. I'm sure this waiting period is payback for all those people who inquired about their status, and who I kept waiting. . . .

Oh, God, I'm going to hell.

"We sincerely appreciate your thinking of us, and wish you the best of luck at the institution that wants you."

Ouch! Talk about kicking someone when they are down! It sounds like they are saying, "Good luck finding someone who cares..."

"We wish you the best of luck at the institution that wants you."

that is .... horrifying huh.gif

imagine a boyfriend/girlfriend breaking up with you and saying ... that.

"Yea, I don't love you anymore, but .... yea, I wish you the best of luck with whoever wants you"

Meanwhile, at the final admissions committee meeting:

Its my turn to compose the rejection messages this year!

No it's my turn, you wrote them 2 years ago!

Ok fine, I'll let you write a couple too.. *grumble*

Edited by Niko256

But...but....but what if no one wants me?!?!?!?!?

this also goes back to a personal conversation I had about my life with an old friend the other day...sad, really...

these are all so HARSH. I honestly think for my part I would just prefer a letter that says: "Rejected" right at the very top so I don't have to read through their bull sheit just to feel like a total loser!!!! Here is to hoping we don't have to read a ton of these! Who writes these anyway, they must be really horrible people or Ricky Gervais... its a toss up.

Nineve16- was that from Northwestern? I was glad that they actually said "Dear_____," and not "Dear applicant." Gotta love the little things.

I so agree with your signing-off message (the one after the actual post). The Great Waiting Period is not for the emotionally and psychologically weak... :(

This is a summary of a rejection I received a couple of years ago (my first attempt at getting into a PhD program).

Dear applicant (LOSER),

We thank you for your interest (APPLICATION FEE) in our program. We received a record number of applications this year from highly qualified applicants (PEOPLE WAY BETTER THAN YOU). Unfortunately, there are limited positions for PhD candidates in our program (WINNERS), and we are unable to admit all that applied (LOSERS LIKE YOU FOR INSTANCE). We wish you the best of luck in your career (FOOD SERVICE INDUSTRY JOB) and academic (PARALEGAL STUDIES AT DEVRY INSTITUTE) endeavors.

Ok, since this has now become the "Worst. Rejection. Ever." thread, here's a somewhat related story that will make all of us feel better about ourselves...

A few years ago, I applied for a job with my state's Dept. of Health and Human Services. About five weeks later, I received a fat envelope in the mail. The cover sheet was a letter that read, "Dear Applicant, We are unable to consider your application to Job Code #1234567 due to reason codes A5, Q14, and R23." They also included what turned out to be a ridiculously detailed, multi-page table of all the possible reasons that your application could be rejected, categorized by letter and number. That's right: my state had not only quantified my failure, but thoughtfully included my very own TABLE OF FAIL.

I really, really should have framed it biggrin.gif

I wonder if they really received a "record number of applicants this year" or they send the same letter every year regardless.

This is a summary of a rejection I received a couple of years ago (my first attempt at getting into a PhD program).

Dear applicant (LOSER),

We thank you for your interest (APPLICATION FEE) in our program. We received a record number of applications this year from highly qualified applicants (PEOPLE WAY BETTER THAN YOU). Unfortunately, there are limited positions for PhD candidates in our program (WINNERS), and we are unable to admit all that applied (LOSERS LIKE YOU FOR INSTANCE). We wish you the best of luck in your career (FOOD SERVICE INDUSTRY JOB) and academic (PARALEGAL STUDIES AT DEVRY INSTITUTE) endeavors.

A couple of years ago I got 3 separate rejection letters from 1 school - 1 from the university, 1 from the college, and 1 from the department. They apparently wanted me to know I was incredibly unqualified!