MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Thanks so much! Where are you going?

I'm not 100% yet . . . I have a few more days of laying all the cards out on the table yet. However, I'm happy with my options, I think I'll be in good hands no matter where I go! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

I'm bummed I havent hear from tyler, and am worried about what that means. Looks like im destined for some more waiting. TryIng to stay positive, but its hard :(

Hang in there Kazoo! You're on the wait list for two awesome places and maybe Tyler will come through for you! If your presence on this forum is any indication, you'd be a great addition to any grad program no matter where or when you attend one!

Wait listed AGAIN at Yale. Damn!

hi eschaten!My friend(she is in yale) told me someone got waiting list first year. Sheila wrote to him/her and encouraged to reapply. And then they rejected him/her in the second year......So do not be discouraged, you still have a chance because at least you are still on the list!

hi eschaten!My friend(she is in yale) told me someone got waiting list first year. Sheila wrote to him/her and encouraged to reapply. And then they rejected him/her in the second year......So do not be discouraged, you still have a chance because at least you are still on the list!

I second that, wait lists are a good sign. People could be getting into multiple schools and choose another over yale for any number of reasons. There is still hope!

it means you're wait listed. if you call the director of admissions, she'll tell you.

i'm not really certain if they actually reject any finalists, or just wait list them all.

I'm bummed I havent hear from tyler, and am worried about what that means. Looks like im destined for some more waiting. TryIng to stay positive, but its hard :(

Got a happy call from LSU yesterday! I'm posting my the dates of my schools' admissions decisions in one post here, with hopes that it will be helpful to folks applying in the coming years. Now I have a tough decision to make...

Accepted:

WUSTL: Washington University in St. Louis, Sam Fox School of Design and Visual Art (phone call, 2/13)

SMU: Southern Methodist University, Meadows School of the Arts (email, 3/2)

CCA: California College of the Arts, (email, 3/4), [phone interview on 2/15, was invited to interview by email 2/12]

LSU: Louisiana State University, (phone call 3/30)

Rejected:

UCSD (email, 2/25)

UGA (mail, 3/9),

UIC (email, 3/12)

VCU (mail, 3/17)

OSU (mail, 3/19)

Tyler (snail mail, 3/30)

I'm not 100% yet . . . I have a few more days of laying all the cards out on the table yet. However, I'm happy with my options, I think I'll be in good hands no matter where I go! :)

I'm sure of that. You have a list of some great schools there!

Kazoo - good luck! Hang in there - SAIC and UCSD are really great and they didn't give their final answer yet. I'm also on the waiting list for RISD...

CONGRATS!

i said it!!! I am on the waitlist and decide to go to sva. ;) If you come to nyc maybe be you can call on. lol REALLY jealous!

Thank you! I was totally not expecting it... SVA is really great - it will be hard to decide... I'm glad you're happy about going there! And you know - it really isn't too far from New Haven :)

Wait listed AGAIN at Yale. Damn!

Oh man... Just saw your post. I hope it works out! Your probably somewhere at the top - they've seen your work and your progress from this past year - and it seems your interview was indeed very interesting. So hang in there!

CONGRATS Song! Sooo... I guess you're going? ;-)

Thank you so much! Yale sure is among my top choices - I'm afraid it really depends on the financial aid... I don't know how much Yale tends to help the students. Does anyone here know? Because I would really love to go there!

Got a happy call from LSU yesterday! I'm posting my the dates of my schools' admissions decisions in one post here, with hopes that it will be helpful to folks applying in the coming years. Now I have a tough decision to make...

Congrats! Can't wait to see where you go!

Congrats! Can't wait to see where you go!

Thank you!! This decision is WAY harder than I thought it would be. Man, it's nice to have all of the decisions in, though. Hopefully UTK will come through with some good news for you soon. :)

Accepted:

WUSTL: Washington University in St. Louis, Sam Fox School of Design and Visual Art (phone call, 2/13)

SMU: Southern Methodist University, Meadows School of the Arts (email, 3/2)

CCA: California College of the Arts, (email, 3/4), [phone interview on 2/15, was invited to interview by email 2/12]

LSU: Louisiana State University, (phone call 3/30)

Rejected:

UCSD (email, 2/25)

UGA (mail, 3/9),

UIC (email, 3/12)

VCU (mail, 3/17)

OSU (mail, 3/19)

Tyler (snail mail, 3/30)

congratulations on your latest one!

There wasn't a thing from VCU in the snail mail box today...

Maybe that's good news? But full disclaimer: I live in Richmond right by campus. It probably didn't even take a day to get the 8 blocks to my mailbox.