Fall 2012 Applications

- Eileen -

That is what it says when I log on. But it also lists my transcripts, GRE's and LOR's and says "submitted" next to each of those.

I contacted admissions to ask about what happens if the file is incomplete. They said they have been emailing people to inform them.. they won't just reject someone without first telling them about missing documents! Thank goodness. My transcripts are not listed because they are already on file from last year and it won't reflect in the online system. A few other things I asked: When will we find out the decision? About 6 weeks from now, so early March. How many people applied this year? Around 50 more than last year.

Nothing left to do now but wait it out.. :) Good luck!!

Got my acceptance to Columbia University today! There was a link posted on my application that sent me to a letter with my acceptance. It was dated from today so they must have just put them up.

Congratulations! Now I shall obsessively check my application status on their website every five minutes instead of every ten :blink:

Got my acceptance to Columbia University today! There was a link posted on my application that sent me to a letter with my acceptance. It was dated from today so they must have just put them up.

Congratulations on the fabulous news! When did you submit your application, and how long did it take before you found out you were admitted?

Congratulations on the fabulous news! When did you submit your application, and how long did it take before you found out you were admitted?

My application was complete September 9th (I spent last semester abroad and finished my applications before I left) so I've been waiting a really, really long time to find out :)

Wow! Congratulations!!! WUSTL and Columbia are really great schools. I submitted my Columbia application on December 31st and went into my account and it just says that my application has been submitted :( I hope this doesn't mean I didn't get in :(

Same here Rivka - I submitted it on 12/31 but THEY couldn't find my transcript so it says "application status completed 1/19," and I haven't heard anything so I'm feeling the same way.

Well, you do have Penn :)

They seemed to have issues with my transcripts too--one day it would say they were received and the next day it would say my application was incomplete because they weren't received. I submitted my application on December 13th and didn't get an e-mail saying that it was officially complete until January 9th.

I am really thankful that I've got an acceptance from Penn, though attending might be an issue what with a husband who needs to find a job in the area...

Anyway, I hope we both hear back soon! Fingers crossed!