Fall 2012 Chemistry

mcstev13

I am looking organic. I talked to the admissions director today and he said they sent out all the final decisions on Monday, I live on the east coast so it took 2 days to get here. Its possible they are still holding a few on an unofficial wait list (I know schools do this sometimes), but he made me believe that they have sent out everything.

I also was just some anxious kid calling him, so he could have just been giving me the run around.

eek. UChicago now sends out E-mail notifications instead of mail? Freaking out!

I emailed Melinda, but she told me that Our Admissions Committee will announce its decisions by the middle of February.

So where are the rejections and offers coming from???

Is anyone here waiting to hear back from Northwestern...?

It seems like they're almost done with the application review, and setting up for visitation dates.

Heard from a friend of mine in Northwestern that the application no. is extremely high this year (500) which is 200 higher than last year...

I emailed Melinda, but she told me that Our Admissions Committee will announce its decisions by the middle of February.

I suppose she meant that's when they make their last offers, but I was accepted there in the middle of December (email from a prof. I had corresponded with before applying). The first visiting weekend is the 16th, but there's a second in March.

Edited by HaElkoshi

I suppose she meant that's when they make their last offers, but I was accepted there in the middle of December (email from a prof. I had corresponded with before applying). The first visiting weekend is the 16th, but there's a second in March.

I need an offer! :D

Is anyone here waiting to hear back from Northwestern...?

It seems like they're almost done with the application review, and setting up for visitation dates.

Heard from a friend of mine in Northwestern that the application no. is extremely high this year (500) which is 200 higher than last year...

Yeah, I'm waiting too. Don't really care at this point, because UIUC is ranked equally in chem, so I'll probably go there if I don't get in. It would be nice to hear back though!

Is Berkeley done with their admissions? Haven't seen anyone with offer recently.

I emailed them, they told me most admission offers are sent out in January, a handful in February, and the rejections in March.

Edited by HaElkoshi

I emailed them, they told me most admission offers are sent out in January, a hand full in February, and the rejections in March.

Does the application status page changes once a decision is reached or is it fixed on submitted.

Does the application status page changes once a decision is reached or is it fixed on submitted.

Almost always you get the e-mail first, before they update the application page.

I havent heard back from UCLA till now. Shall i consider that as rejection..?

January admissions were considered 'early admissions', so I infer that in February you will probably hear back.

Edited by this_isnot_here

I emailed Susan Brighton recently but she hasn't emailed me back.

Once I had emailed Susan Brighton, I didn't receive a response. Then I e-mailed Lynn Marie Guthrie and received an immediate reponse. I suggest you to send your inquiries to Lynn in the case you need info. :)

I also emailed Melinda and got the same answer. I guess it may be the time for physical chemistry or theoretical chemistry.