2012 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

InquilineKea

First time posting :)

I received an acceptance package via FedEx early today (delivered to my home). Few hours later, I received an e-mail as well notifying that I should be getting the package sometime today. Needless to say, I was super excited! This will definitely reduce the pressure for other interviews (Neuroscience at WashU St Louis, Emory and OHSU thus far).

Happy Holidays!

Hey, i also applied to RU, but still there is no reply... Congratulations...

hey, folks have started hearing from Harvard neuro-- any idea if they are doing multiple rounds of notifications?

They sent out the only round of invites at the end of Dec. The interview weekend was last week I believe. Sorry man. I got rejected too :/

I had a phone interview last week that went very well and was told that my name would be put in for a university fellowship as well as my POI stating that they wanted me to join their lab. I wonder if I can consider that an unofficial acceptance or if I am jumping the gun here.

Just got a rejection from Dartmouth. That was the only one I still had some hope for. I was really hoping to get more than one interview but based on who I still have to hear from, that doesn't seem likely. I'm really freaked out about having all of my eggs in one basket but I guess there's nothing I can do about it. I'll just have to hit it out of the park when I go to Farmington in a few weeks...

Got an email from Drexel about financing a phd there. I have a feeling it is a generic email sent to anyone who applied there but it felt nice to get an email from SOMEWHERE.

Anyone apply to/hear back from Thomas Jefferson?

@abbhinay: Not sure. Did you try contacting the BPH program directly? They're usually pretty quick to answer.

"While we have begun the process of inviting applicants for interviews, we are still in the process of reviewing applications. All applicants will receive written notification of final admissions decisions from the Harvard University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences"

I think this is a standard reply.. Behind the screens, I guess they have already filled up all the seats! Lol...

"While we have begun the process of inviting applicants for interviews, we are still in the process of reviewing applications. All applicants will receive written notification of final admissions decisions from the Harvard University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences"

I think this is a standard reply.. Behind the screens, I guess they have already filled up all the seats! Lol...

It does seem to be a run of the mill reply. But hey, it isn't over till it's over, so good luck! Hopefully we hear something soon.

Got an email from Drexel about financing a phd there. I have a feeling it is a generic email sent to anyone who applied there but it felt nice to get an email from SOMEWHERE.

What program did you apply to? I got an email from them on Friday for an interview for the pharmacology and physiology PhD program. I haven't gotten one like what you mentioned though

Anyone on here know anything about UCSF Tetrad acceptance rates post interview? I'm going there this weekend and though I'm hoping they'll tell me there, I'd be nice to know ahead of time.

My friend was admitted to the UCSF TETRAD program last year and she said they admitted about 70-75% of interviewees. Seems like a good number to me. Good luck!

Has anyone here (or anyone you know) heard from UMaryland-CP Neuroscience or Georgetown* Neuroscience yet? I noticed a Georgetown-NIH program interview in the Results Survey, but nothing yet for anyone applying simply to Georgetown's program. (I know my chances are slim, but it'd be great to find out something.) Thanks!

Did umd-baltimore email you a rejection or are you basing this off of the results survey? I also applied to UMD-CP and I used to work in the admission directors lab. I emailed and they said they are still processing applications.

@kpoh85: UMD-Baltimore did not email the rejection, but I happened to check the application website on a whim. As of Friday, the decision section had been updated to "Rejected". I also received a formal letter in the mail over the weekend. I know that they had the first interview weekend this past weekend, but others are scheduled as well.. hopefully you'll get an invite soon to one of those! :)

Thanks for the info on UMD-CP.. I guess I'll hold onto hope for a little longer.

When did you hear from USC (MEB)? That is the only school I have not heard from and am feeling a bit nervous about!

Hi BioChick,

The situation actually is a little complicated :-) I had email exchanges, CV, etc. then phone interviews with a few of the PIs back in November. Then in December, there was a one day, screaming airfare deal to LAX, so I jumped on it and sent off a few emails to let the PIs know I would be in town and hoped to meet with them. While I was anxiously waiting for weeks to hear back from them (which I never did because I NEVER ACTUALLY SENT THE STINKIN' EMAILS!!!!), one of the PIs sent me an email that he like my application, was wondering if I was still interested, etc.

To make a short story long, I made my own way to USC last week for a full day visit with the PI and his group. The following day, I received the official invite for the recruitment event (26-28 Feb). HOWEVER, they may not have completed the list of invites, as the PI mentioned they would be meeting in early Feb to discuss other applicants, funding, and so on.

I received an unofficial email from a PI I met with earlier in the fall asking me if I was still interested in joining his lab and gave me the dates of the recruitment weekend at the end of February. He said I should be hearing from someone from the program soon with an official invite, but no official invite has shown up after almost a month after talking with him. Should I continue to wait for an official email or email someone in the department to ask about an official invite?

Email the PI directly. That's what I would do... and then be sure to hit "Send" :-D

Which program at OSU did you apply to? I know people that have heard from IGBP and the Biochemistry department, but I'm still waiting on word from MCDB. I contacted them and got a reply that I'd hear "anytime between now and late March."