Waiting it out: theatre, performance, cinema PhD want-to-be 2012

Bats

Bats,

Would you like to share about your Brown interview? Were you also asked about performance theory?

Clifford is certainly lucky, but let's not lose hope. Gradually, we'll also hear from the schools. Though how gradually is a matter of debate! :)

The interview went very well, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. We spoke in some detail about my project, including some in-depth inquiry (which I think I handled rather well) and they asked me about my interest in Brown, etc. Pretty much how Clifford described it.

Hello all!

I am one of the students who got the interview at Northwestern for their M.A./PhD Program. I received a call from the DGS on January 25th and the interview weekend is March 1st-4th. i haven't yet received any news about my itinerary yet, flight/hotel or anything like that. I know that its a little less than a month away, but how far in advance do schools usually give students that info?

Edited by Lmo0424

I've heard that sometimes NW doesn't make the arrangements until about two weeks before the interview weekend.

Good luck!

Thanks Bats!

Since all I have is the call and a few emails from the DGS, I was freaking out a little. I haven't received any "official" info from the Graduate School and feel like I should have something in writing.

Thanks, Seeking ^_^

I'm really nervous/excited! I applied to the Performance Studies Program, did you apply to the Interdisciplinary Theatre and Drama program?

Has anyone on here applied to any of these schools? Know anyone who has? Heard anything back?

UT Austin - Performance as Public Practice

University of Pittsburgh

University of Maryland

University of Washington (their deadline isn't until 2/15, so I don't expect to hear from them for a while)

It blows my mind that there's so little representation here from the theatre/performance studies realm...

I have to say that the waiting is more maddening than I anticipated!

Lmo0424,

Yes, I applied for IPTD and so far haven't heard from them, nor has there been a result submission from anyone for this program.

AH! Best of luck to you!

OK, I have been lurking but I will finally post, as I am starting to get a little impatient myself. I have also applied to U Pitt and University of Maryland and REALLY would like to hear from them. Here is my list:

Northwestern (Performance Studies) - Rejected

Brown - Have not received an interview request so just basically waiting for rejection

University of Pittsburgh - waiting for anything

University of Maryland - WAITING and REALLY hoping!

University of Minnesota - did a campus visit in December and interviewed but it has been silent since so assuming rejection

Bowling Green State University - lots of contact with POI and they are paying me to visit February 15-18. My only hope so far.

Day by day, I am resolving myself to having only 1 possible acceptance, which bums me out because my research project is original, comprehensive, and met with several theoretical questions of my own that I want to be able to better answer through coursework. I think my only downfall is that I have an MFA instead of an MA and my GRE scores were not high. However, I am a full-time college instructor and a faculty advisor to two student organizations on top of directing three shows a year. It was impossible to study. Bummer.

Edited by salvatura

I haven't heard anything from anyone yet, and many people seem to have received some feedback from the universities I applied to (or so the survey says). Could that mean I'm waitlisted ?

I'm an international student and don't understand this system at all...

Has anyone on here applied to any of these schools? Know anyone who has? Heard anything back?

UT Austin - Performance as Public Practice

University of Pittsburgh

University of Maryland

University of Washington (their deadline isn't until 2/15, so I don't expect to hear from them for a while)

It blows my mind that there's so little representation here from the theatre/performance studies realm...

I have to say that the waiting is more maddening than I anticipated!

I applied to the UT-Austin, Performance as Public Practice program, but I haven't heard anything. I did see something today that was posted on February 6th -- someone was rejected via email. But I haven't heard anything... maybe no news is good news or maybe they're just shortening the list round-by-round?? I'm really hopeful for the program. I also applied to UC-Davis, Performance Studies and NYU, Performance Studies. Anyone heard anything from UC-Davis? I know NYU won't be for another month. Best of luck!

I'm so glad this thread exists! I applied to American Studies and Gender Studies programs (in addition to the 3 performance studies programs i mentioned in an earlier post) as well because my research is situated somewhere in the midst of the three. But secretly, I'm hoping for performance studies.