Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Congrats to the Michigan State admit!

Another one by snail mail, huh? I like envelopes and stamps... and I like that they're making a comeback.

I've been checking the mail daily now that I've seen schools sending acceptances out by mail. Checked today, and there was a large envelope in the mailbox. My heart skipped a beat, and I lost my breath. I pull it out...it was something for my wife... -___-

so is the consensus that anyone who hasn't heard from Duke is just waiting for a rejection?  the multiple posts on the results board that keep say "no decision = rejection for sure" seem a bit fishy.  but maybe they're right....

POI reached out to me. Not sure if I am attending (for obvious reasons). Should I start a dialogue or wait awhile?

Again, not sure if I am attending.

in my opinion, I'd say start a dialogue without making any commitments.  You'll learn more about the program, which may help you make a decision.  Plus some good interactions with the POI may increase your chance of getting funding...

POI reached out to me. Not sure if I am attending (for obvious reasons). Should I start a dialogue or wait awhile?

Again, not sure if I am attending.

in my opinion, I'd say start a dialogue without making any commitments.  You'll learn more about the program, which may help you make a decision.  Plus some good interactions with the POI may increase your chance of getting funding...

I agree. Seems like when this sort of thing happens, they're also trying to gauge your actual interest, so to be fair I'd let them know you still want to wait and see how the cycle finishes out, but that you really value their offer, like their program, etc

so is the consensus that anyone who hasn't heard from Duke is just waiting for a rejection?  the multiple posts on the results board that keep say "no decision = rejection for sure" seem a bit fishy.  but maybe they're right....

I second this question. If so, Duke is my first reject. It was my safe school, which is a bit worrisome. 

Were any of the people who got dinged by UCSD on Friday applying in IR?

One right here! Also, did anyone else first get directed to the website to read the rejection letter and then get the SAME letter by email later? I feel like they were really keen to get the point across.  ^_^

One right here! Also, did anyone else first get directed to the website to read the rejection letter and then get the SAME letter by email later? I feel like they were really keen to get the point across.  ^_^

Woah! That is really dramatic.

As of yet, I haven't been rejected so my working pet theory was that they hadn't gotten to IR applicants yet.

Not only that, but my email arrived at 3:22 a.m. when I was trying to sleep the night before heading off for a visit to a different program. So not only did they really want to get the point across (and rub salt in the wound?), but they apparently also wanted to sabotage my chances of getting in anywhere else! LoL

I second this question. If so, Duke is my first reject. It was my safe school, which is a bit worrisome. 

Look - there goes another "Decision Not Ready = Rejection" post for Duke on the Results Board.  I definitely think there's some trolling going on, regardless of whether or not Duke released some acceptances....

Look - there goes another "Decision Not Ready = Rejection" post for Duke on the Results Board.  I definitely think there's some trolling going on, regardless of whether or not Duke released some acceptances....

It indeed looks weird. Maybe it's all written by the same person. But what's the point? I don't understand.