Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Dear everyone: Please. Stop. Sending. Me. Emails.

God I just got like 4 emails on my "apps and other academic stuff" email address....rarely do I ever get anything not relevant to apps at this time of night. Naturally they were all useless (except the invitation to a happy hour on Friday, of course). Sigh.

You should go!

God I just got like 4 emails on my "apps and other academic stuff" email address....rarely do I ever get anything not relevant to apps at this time of night. Naturally they were all useless (except the invitation to a happy hour on Friday, of course). Sigh.

Terrifying! Though drinking will probably help...

Congrats to the other UCLA! This may just be me rationalizing it to myself, but I think in previous years UCLA has rolled out funded offers first, then waited a few days before sending out waitlisted for funding offers. Still nervous, but trying to stay in my shoes.

Number of applicants just depends on the program. Davis gets around 120, UNC and Wisconsin are in the ballpark of 300. UCLA is closer to 400-450 I believe. I'm sure the top 5 are well north of there.

Edited by Quigley

Congrats to the Colorado Boulder admit!  Great program!

Thank you! I was seriously beginning to doubt whether or not I'd get in - and seeing the two UCLA posts made me want to start my Plan B rolling but then got the email. Very excited to know I'll be going to grad school next year!