Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Virginia is good for IR. You sure you dont want to apply for American or Georgetown? It seems like your targeting DC and Florida. Since you have a scholarship I would possibly try for those two also.

I am gonna study on IR theory(mostly realist) and What do you think of Delaware(stuart kaufmann,robert denemark), Syracuse(colin elman) and Illinois( John A. Vasquez), Maryland, Johns Hopkins(daniel deudney), Vanderbilt and UMass?

Edited by doctoralgrad23

I am gonna study on IR theory(mostly realist) and What do you think of Delaware(stuart kaufmann,robert denemark), Syracuse(colin elman) and Illinois( John A. Vasquez), Maryland, Johns Hopkins(daniel deudney), Vanderbilt and UMass?

Are you trying to be a professor or are you going back to your country?

Are you trying to be a professor or are you going back to your country?

I am coming back to my country. I have already applied:

GWU

Virginia

Pittsburgh

not sure:

Maryland

Illinois

Florida Int.

Vanderbilt

Johns Hopkins(not SAIS)

Delaware

Florida State

SUNY Binghamton

Edited by doctoralgrad23

I am coming back to my country. I have already applied:

GWU

Virginia

Pittsburgh

not sure:

Maryland

Illinois

Florida Int.

Vanderbilt

Johns Hopkins(not SAIS)

Delaware

Florida State

SUNY Binghamton

Hit Georgetown, Maryland, Florida State and maybe Johns Hopkins.

Delaware for safety if you want one.

Hey Team,

Just got all my apps sent in, and my rec's are all submitted. Big relief, but now just starting to worry about the results! Looking forward to good banter on here, and hopefully a lot of good news for everyone in a couple months!

Hey Team,

Just got all my apps sent in, and my rec's are all submitted. Big relief, but now just starting to worry about the results! Looking forward to good banter on here, and hopefully a lot of good news for everyone in a couple months!

Thirteen schools. You should get one at least. Hopefully you applied to a good range of schools to ensure that.

I think im in deliberation at one school. I was asked for info for my application and then they just went dark; no more responses :/

Hope that's a good sign!

I would guess the admissions committees will meet briefly before the Xmas break, and then resume in early January?

Thirteen schools. You should get one at least. Hopefully you applied to a good range of schools to ensure that.

I did apply to a fairly large range. Was shut out last year, so like to think I really benefited from the "experience."

I have 5 for one school. I was told by some of my recommenders they were out of the country...so i got someone i know (fellow student) to write one...then all the profs sent their recs in so I have 4 & 5 at some places. mostly 3 tho