Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

yayyyyy!!! I was very anxiously awaiting hearing from you, I totally had that feeling like man, she's gotta get it, I'd give it to her :) haha, glad the selection committee agreed! Congrats to all who heard good news from Germany!!

Not to be creepy, but there were probably 80 people on this forum (including non-posters) that were like, "Germany ETA found out?? I hope theresanappforthat got it!"--that was my first thought at least hah...

Congrats German ETAs!!!  So happy for you all!  I hope you continue to hang around to keep the rest of us entertained :)  Still waiting for Switzerland...

Alternate status for Germany ETA... *sigh*

I have to commit to one of the other things I have planned for next year within the next week, so it looks like I'm not going.

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted!

Yea!! The system is working! It was taking so long for you guys to find out, I was really starting to think the sequester was really messing with things. Congratulations guys! Don't all leave us at once. Lol!!

Alternate status for Germany ETA... *sigh*

I have to commit to one of the other things I have planned for next year within the next week, so it looks like I'm not going.

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted!

D: D: D: D: NOOO!

I AM SO SORRY!! But alt is still good!! Hang in there! *another huge hug!!* I want to see you at orientation too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry love!! *huge hugs* Hang in there!! You could still get it!! I want to see you at orientation!!!!!

And if it doesn't work out, APPLY AGAIN!!! This was my second attempt!!

Thanks! But in the event that I don't get it, I'll be finished with the MA. So I might be applying for a PhD in Germany. I'm not sure how keen they are about awarding ETAs to PhD students.

Edited by Miss_Lady

I am sitting in a hostel in Hamburg and happened to check to this forum. Immediately ran to check my email and lo and behold, I GOT IT!!! It's so crazy that I'm in Germany right now, and in 5 months or so I'll be back. I cannot even believe it.

I am sitting in a hostel in Hamburg and happened to check to this forum. Immediately ran to check my email and lo and behold, I GOT IT!!! It's so crazy that I'm in Germany right now, and in 5 months or so I'll be back. I cannot even believe it.

:D :D :D MY DREAM WAS CORRECT!!!! I'M PSYCHIC!

CONGRAAAAATS!!!

Edited by there'sanappforthat

I am so sorry love!! *huge hugs* Hang in there!! You could still get it!! I want to see you at orientation!!!!!

And if it doesn't work out, APPLY AGAIN!!! This was my second attempt!!

Yes, apply again if you really want it! It took me three tries to get the Austrian USTA Fulbright.

Good luck everyone!

BIG CONGRATS TO ALL WHO GOT IT!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR GERMANY PEOPLE!!! lol they were the most chatty here so i really wanted you guys to hear ;) i just want to say to anyone on the forum and the creepers too (lol), if you did not get it, do not lose heart, and DO try again. the first time i applied for a fulbright i was not even recommended for the next round. this was tough news and even discouraged me from trying again for a couple years. and now i have this big news it's taken me days to swallow :) So please keep the hope, apply again, and if it's not this opportunity there will be something else, there will most certainly be something else, you just have to keep trying :)