Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Wait, are the pre-orientation dates different for each country?  While it would be GREAT to get a Fulbright, I'm not too keen on potentially missing out on my last week of college...

Don't know, mine are June 21-23. Same?

Congrats!! Did you just find out today?

Actually, I found out last week, but I applied for a 2nd year in Austria, so people applying for a first year may be contacted at a later date. No idea!

Edited by woodendress

Still no word from Austria...this is so frustrating! I just feel sure this week is going to be "the" week. Do you guys ever try to imagine what your state of mind will be like a week from now, right this second? If I had a crystal ball, I could take one look at my face next Tuesday and know immediately what happened.

Still no word from Austria...this is so frustrating! I just feel sure this week is going to be "the" week. Do you guys ever try to imagine what your state of mind will be like a week from now, right this second? If I had a crystal ball, I could take one look at my face next Tuesday and know immediately what happened.

It might still be another month before German ETA's are emailed. Rah, rah!

bu...buh...buht...

Did you contact them or something?  A month seems like the longest time ever in the history of the universe... :( :(  :(

No, I didn't, but if you look at the spreadsheet, you will see that some years, ETAs were notified as much as  month after the Full Grants. That has been a couple of years ago, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. Last year it was two weeks after Full Grants, so now I'm not going to expect it before then.

No, I didn't, but if you look at the spreadsheet, you will see that some years, ETAs were notified as much as  month after the Full Grants. That has been a couple of years ago, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. Last year it was two weeks after Full Grants, so now I'm not going to expect it before then.
I'm hoping they don't take much longer, seeing as how people still need to be placed at schools and such.

Greetings all! I came across this forum hunting for news on the Fulbright ETAs-- it's good to know there's a community out here that shares the (seemingly) endless purgatory that is the Fulbright application process. I'm a recommended candidate for an ETA in Madrid, so I'll add my info to the list. Good luck to everyone!

I'm hoping they don't take much longer, seeing as how people still need to be placed at schools and such.

According to this page, the latest we should be notified is May 15th. I'm just surprised it's taken this long because according to everything I've heard, Germany is one of the earliest notifiers. :'(

Is it just me, or does the Google doc suddenly resemble what it looked like several weeks ago? Did someone accidently revert to an older version? Or did we time travel backwards and now the wait is even longer?

Is it just me, or does the Google doc suddenly resemble what it looked like several weeks ago? Did someone accidently revert to an older version? Or did we time travel backwards and now the wait is even longer?

Yes, there are a lot of dates missing.

Lol, congrats to the Germany ETAs for exiting purgatory! That happened so fast, right before my eyes.

I tried to restore the Google doc to April 2, 7:35am PT, but then the server timed out. After 7:35am PT some dates go missing. Looks like it worked though.

Congrats again Germany ETAs.

I don't even.

What? How?

I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS CAN'T BE REAL!! I'M DREAMING!!!!

yayyyyy!!! I was very anxiously awaiting hearing from you, I totally had that feeling like man, she's gotta get it, I'd give it to her :) haha, glad the selection committee agreed!  Congrats to all who heard good news from Germany!!