Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Baahahahha. hilarious!

Unrelated but, whatever.

I had a zombie dream over the weekend, that somehow wasn't scary.

In my dream, I was trying to kill all the zombies that were after me, but I could never find a decent weapon. I didn't have a gun, and all the knives I kept finding were like.. steak knives, or prison shank quality. At first my strategy was to stab them in the brain, but it was too difficult to stab through the skull with a steak knife. Ok.. I was going to continue but then I realized that this is probably getting a little too graphic, and not everyone watches the Walking Dead and has been exposed to this kind of stuff.

Eh. Anyway, cheers!

Hahaha wow. You are great. I have crazy graphic dreams like that too! All the TV and horror movies I watch don't help haha ;)

Hahaha wow. You are great. I have crazy graphic dreams like that too! All the TV and horror movies I watch don't help haha ;)

I actually avoid most horror movies. I don't really mind gore so much, more psychological thriller type movies. It's not the nightmares that bother me, it's the falling asleep part!! I lay awake listening to every little sound in the house!!

I actually avoid most horror movies. I don't really mind gore so much, more psychological thriller type movies. It's not the nightmares that bother me, it's the falling asleep part!! I lay awake listening to every little sound in the house!!

Hehe that happens to me too but I just like them too much! I just need someone to watch them with though so I don't get to scared! I probably wouldn't watch them so much if I lived alone XD

Baahahahha. hilarious!

Unrelated but, whatever.

I had a zombie dream over the weekend, that somehow wasn't scary.

In my dream, I was trying to kill all the zombies that were after me, but I could never find a decent weapon. I didn't have a gun, and all the knives I kept finding were like.. steak knives, or prison shank quality. At first my strategy was to stab them in the brain, but it was too difficult to stab through the skull with a steak knife. Ok.. I was going to continue but then I realized that this is probably getting a little too graphic, and not everyone watches the Walking Dead and has been exposed to this kind of stuff.

Eh. Anyway, cheers!

I actually look forward to walking dead seasons because I frequently have zombie nightmares...that aren't really that much of nightmares...during that time and my recurring zombie "nightmare" theme is that always one of my friends gets turned into a zombie but they remain nice and like help the rest of us who are still human...

and I'm also the same way with horror movies but walking dead is more just stressful to me than scary...and don't reveal anything!  I didn't watch the season finale yet!!

Why not Tuesday? Just curious if there's something I'm missing... do they only operate on MWF or something?
Lol. I just figured they might notify us on Wednesday because they notified full grants for Germany last Wednesday. :) for all I know they might notify us tomorrow, who knows

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone had heard of someone who had received a Fulbright grant, but was then subsequently rejected prior to departure because of a medical problem... seizures/blood pressure/psychological issues/etc. etc. In that they had their physician fill out and submitted the Medical History and Examination Form and were then denied the grant. Are they extremely strict when it comes to medical clearance?

Thank you everyone for your help

Edited by Rhodes48

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone had heard of someone who had received a Fulbright grant, but was then subsequently rejected prior to departure because of a medical problem... seizures/blood pressure/psychological issues/etc. etc. In that they had their physician fill out and submitted the Medical History and Examination Form and were then denied the grant. Are they extremely strict when it comes to medical clearance?

Thank you everyone for your help

I can't comment on the Fulbright IIE. However, when I applied for the Fulbright-Hays we had to have a medical clearance in the application. This  was the requirement:

24. Certification

List date of physical. Enter the name of the physician or certified nurse practitioner who can testify that the candidate named in this application is physically and psychologically able to carry out all phases of the project as described in this proposal.

So basically, it just required a doctor's note saying that you were healthy enough to complete your project. For me that meant sitting and reading documents. The standard would obviously be different for a biologist that's applying to study monkeys in central Borneo. If this fictional biologist had some condition that required them to be near a comprehensive pharmacy or hospital... well then that would probably disqualify them. So, it wasn't a strict military-esque list of conditions that disqualify you, just that your doctor felt you could complete the project.

my recurring zombie "nightmare" theme is that always one of my friends gets turned into a zombie but they remain nice and like help the rest of us who are still human...

and don't reveal anything!  I didn't watch the season finale yet!!

Hahaha. Awww, nice zombie! Good zombie! I wish I would have more zombie dreams! The last one was really cool, but I barely remember anything about it other than not being able to stab through the skulls..

I've started playing this Ipad game called Dead Trigger (it's in the Android store as well, and it's free) and I have Zombie U(Wii U game), so maybe if I start playing them more frequently, I will have cooler zombie dreams. Zombie U is an amazing game (although it always makes me think it's Zombie University instead of just using the WiiU title) and is really intense. I can't play it at night, before I go to bed, because it gets me so anxious!! It's not one of those "run and gun" type games, that I usually don't play. Every time you die, you have to start over as a new survivor (you don't restart the entire game, just whatever mission you were on). The visuals and sounds are amazing!! With your character, you will be creeping around doors, because you never know when a zombie will be hiding behind the door and come after you. There will be motionless corpses laying around, too , that suddenly come to life as you walk by them!  The most freaked out I have gotten from that darn game was when the scene takes you into a poorly lit meat cooler, and then a few rats scuttle out of the corner. I jumped about a FOOT! Damn rats..

I haven't watched the finale yet either! I was on my way home from my grandparents last night and didn't get to catch it. I'm watching it tonight, though!!! It's such an awesome show :D

Hahaha. Awww, nice zombie! Good zombie! I wish I would have more zombie dreams! The last one was really cool, but I barely remember anything about it other than not being able to stab through the skulls..

I've started playing this Ipad game called Dead Trigger (it's in the Android store as well, and it's free) and I have Zombie U(Wii U game), so maybe if I start playing them more frequently, I will have cooler zombie dreams. Zombie U is an amazing game (although it always makes me think it's Zombie University instead of just using the WiiU title) and is really intense. I can't play it at night, before I go to bed, because it gets me so anxious!! It's not one of those "run and gun" type games, that I usually don't play. Every time you die, you have to start over as a new survivor (you don't restart the entire game, just whatever mission you were on). The visuals and sounds are amazing!! With your character, you will be creeping around doors, because you never know when a zombie will be hiding behind the door and come after you. There will be motionless corpses laying around, too , that suddenly come to life as you walk by them!  The most freaked out I have gotten from that darn game was when the scene takes you into a poorly lit meat cooler, and then a few rats scuttle out of the corner. I jumped about a FOOT! Damn rats..

I haven't watched the finale yet either! I was on my way home from my grandparents last night and didn't get to catch it. I'm watching it tonight, though!!! It's such an awesome show :D

that game sounds amazing!  I'll have to look into it!

got passport photos for the extra China application stuff today...I'm a relatively average looking person but of course the photographer finds a way to make me look like a stoner pedophile terrorist. hopefully they judge me with a different standard of beauty.

I'm in the same boat. I was hoping there would be an email waiting for when I woke up this morning. I think it would be bizarre if we didn't hear this week, considering some decisions have gone out...

This might be really weird, but since we were just discussing dreams .. about a week ago I had a dream where I got an email where they apologized for taking so long and that we would here in 6-9 days... if that happens, I hope the rest of my dream was also a premonition because I then got accepted. :) Dream aside, I really think we'll find out this week.. ^^

I don't know if this helps, but Germany has a holiday today (because of Easter) so likely no word from them until Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest.

I don't know if this helps, but Germany has a holiday today (because of Easter) so likely no word from them until Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest.

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaaha ahhhhhhhhh

But thank you, that does help actually.

Edited by eburger

But aren't the final decisions made by the FFSB? Which is in DC. You would think the host countries would have already given their selections... but maybe not?