Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

actually I spoke with DC this afternoon regarding Russia, and it seems Russia still has yet to notify the US fulbright board of their choices. So we can all go back to blaming Russian bureaucracy :) but they were hopeful that it would be this week!

actually I spoke with DC this afternoon regarding Russia, and it seems Russia still has yet to notify the US fulbright board of their choices. So we can all go back to blaming Russian bureaucracy :) but they were hopeful that it would be this week!

LOL!!!!! What a mess! well I hope RUssia still wants us after all )))))))

Of course they haven't... Well that's irritating.

Long, long time lurker here.  I've been as worried as CrystalDee about the sequestration's impact on the fulbright, but today I got the email that I am a Principle for a full grant to Ghana!!!

Rejected for Fulbright ETA Spain :(. Was an at-large candidate with a lot of teaching experience and did very well in school... I guess it wasn't meant to be. 

Anyone know of any other teaching opportunities in Spain? I already know of the auxiliary program...but I steered clear of it because of some horror stories about not getting paid. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and congrats to all of you going abroad! :) 

Hey guys! So I've been creeping on this thread for a while but hadn't the nerves to post haha. But congrats to everyone who has been accepted and I'm sorry to those who weren't. I was just accepted to the Spain ETA!! I was wondering if anyone knows when they'll tell us our regional placement? I never put a preference but I'm dying to know where I'll be!!

Rejected for Fulbright ETA Spain :(. Was an at-large candidate with a lot of teaching experience and did very well in school... I guess it wasn't meant to be. 

Anyone know of any other teaching opportunities in Spain? I already know of the auxiliary program...but I steered clear of it because of some horror stories about not getting paid. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and congrats to all of you going abroad! :)

I share in your disappointment. I also looked into the auxiliary program, but after reading countless blogs, I did not think it was worth it to go through the application. I hope you find something! If it's meant to be, it will be. I suppose that this year just was not our time. 

Long, long time lurker here.  I've been as worried as CrystalDee about the sequestration's impact on the fulbright, but today I got the email that I am a Principle for a full grant to Ghana!!!

Welcome friend! Congratulations on your grant!! See...we have nothing to worry about. *insert the Jedi mind trick* ;)

It was a fruitful day for Fulbrighters, but a sad day for our nation. I echo the prayers for those in Boston.

I'm selected for a full grant to Spain. Yessssss! :)

Congrats man. Glad to see many of the long time forumers getting the news they wanted. Hope you have a hella good experience out in former al-Andalus ;-)

I just realized that we China people are now within the historical timeframe during which announcements have gone out. Oy vey.

Hey guys! So I've been creeping on this thread for a while but hadn't the nerves to post haha. But congrats to everyone who has been accepted and I'm sorry to those who weren't. I was just accepted to the Spain ETA!! I was wondering if anyone knows when they'll tell us our regional placement? I never put a preference but I'm dying to know where I'll be!!

I was wondering the same thing!  I'm so curious to know the cities we are placed in and the grade levels!  Also, do you know how housing works at all?  We don't live with families do we?  I wonder how we find apartments...

First time poster: Is anyone, anyone out there waiting on Bolivia? It's great to have this wonderful community, but I'm feeling lonely on the Bolivia front. I echo those who fear that the Fulbright has forgotten about them! 

It's the not knowing that's killing me. I'd rather they pierce my heart with a "Rejected" than go on in my ignorance.
Me tooo. I just want to get on with my life.

Congrats to everyone who heard positively today!  To those who were not selected, I'm sending hopes your way that you find something else worthwhile to do this year and that you apply again someday.

And to those still in limbo...I hope more of you hear this week!  Fingers crossed for you!