Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Do tell!  Do you mean subSaharan Africa specifically?  I'm waiting for North Africa...

I posted last week about the e-mail I got from Jermaine Jones. He told me that he has "heard" that decisions for SSA should be given by middle of this week, and then we would know within 24 hours. Is North Africa grouped with sub-Saharan Africa? If not, then you may still have a wait. Also, my friend who applied for the Fulbright Public Policy Program just learned today she was selected for an interview for Ethiopia. I have a feeling SSA should hear this week based on all of this specific information.

Same here: born in Arkansas; grew up between there and Oklahoma.  From what I've heard, Stillwater has really changed since I left.  Guess that's what happens when the football team starts winning!  Or I guess Boone Pickens could also have a little something to do with it...

It changes every time I go back that way. I don't make it over there much. I think you are on the right track with the Boone Pickens' influence. I grew up around the Little Rock area. Most of my family is still there, except for my dad and step-mom who live in Australia.

I posted last week about the e-mail I got from Jermaine Jones. He told me that he has "heard" that decisions for SSA should be given by middle of this week, and then we would know within 24 hours. Is North Africa grouped with sub-Saharan Africa? If not, then you may still have a wait. Also, my friend who applied for the Fulbright Public Policy Program just learned today she was selected for an interview for Ethiopia. I have a feeling SSA should hear this week based on all of this specific information.

Nice! Good luck! :)

Nice! Good luck! :)

Thank you!!! I have actually been very good about not freaking out about it because it is to support my PhD research and there are always other possibilities for me. However, I have wanted to be a Fulbright for a while so it would be nice. Now that it is "the week", I am getting anxious! :)

Hi all. I am new in here. The wait for subSaharan Africa is rough. I have started compiling to-do lists for either result and it is amazing how this can affect such simple life choices as: should I get my hair cut soon?

I know! I was looking at clothes the other day and couldn't decide what I needed, because it all depends on where I will be in the next year.... I don't like not being able to complete basic decision-making tasks! 

So close... 

Odd question: do you think Fulbright would be open to someone doing half the program (as in, August through December)?  My former high school is looking for alumni to volunteer teach classes during spring, and I would love to help out.  Any idea who I would even talk to about this?  And has anyone received the postal mail that they send out after the notification email?

No fulbright to Spain :[

Oh no! I am sorry. *hugs* 

Oh my goodness, I am still shaking from seeing my email!  I was accepted as an ETA to spain! 

Congratulations! 

I'm coming out of the lurker woodwork because the anticipation is slowly killing me.  I just called the DC office and they said Russian applicants might not find out until LATE APRIL.  Please tell me this isn't true.

Big congrats to those getting accepted by Spain today!  I am currently an English teacher here, so if you have any questions about life in Spain, don't hesitate to ask!

I'm coming out of the lurker woodwork because the anticipation is slowly killing me.  I just called the DC office and they said Russian applicants might not find out until LATE APRIL.  Please tell me this isn't true.

Big congrats to those getting accepted by Spain today!  I am currently an English teacher here, so if you have any questions about life in Spain, don't hesitate to ask!

I don't understand why there's such a delay from last year's Russia announcement, which came on April 11. 

ужас какой-то!!!!!! the suspense is killing me + I can't really make plans for summer/fall/next year until I hear from Fulbright. I want to see my family in the summer but if I get accepted to Fulbright then I'll have to go to an orientation in dc..etc... wonder why Russia in particular is taking so long. Doesn't make sense. 

I'm coming out of the lurker woodwork because the anticipation is slowly killing me.  I just called the DC office and they said Russian applicants might not find out until LATE APRIL.  Please tell me this isn't true...

Oh God! I wish they'd at least be a little more specific so we had some idea when to expect the news!

ужас какой-то!!!!!! the suspense is killing me + I can't really make plans for summer/fall/next year until I hear from Fulbright. I want to see my family in the summer but if I get accepted to Fulbright then I'll have to go to an orientation in dc..etc... wonder why Russia in particular is taking so long. Doesn't make sense. 

Fellow Russia applicant here. I legit feel like I'm on crazy pills.

I have no idea what's going on; diplomatic relations between Russian & the U.S. haven't been awesome recently and Russia's response to the Magnitsky list over the weekend sure didn't help. I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

Accepted to Spain for a research grant, I will be in Sevilla :)

Congrats! to all Spain grantees.

I found out that 2 years back my country heard April 19th. Or the 3rd Tuesday in April...which is tomorrow..... ooooooooooooo boy

hey, any south pacific island nations finalists out there waiting to hear? i know there are very few of us, but i'm hoping to get any info i can about when we might find out. there is very little to no info about past years. 

hey, any south pacific island nations finalists out there waiting to hear? i know there are very few of us, but i'm hoping to get any info i can about when we might find out. there is very little to no info about past years. 

I am! Great to hear from someone! I just posted this above but I got into touch with someone who got a grant to this competition back in 2011, he said that he heard that he was an alternate on April 19th and then that he got the grant on June 2nd.

I am hoping to hear this week, but trying to stay cautiously optimistic. There is a chance that the sequester will effect us and/or delay when we hear.

If you don't mind me asking, what/where is your project?

HOLY SHITAKE MUSHROOMS, I'M GOING TO CROATIA!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH    eh hem   yeah, I got it!!!!!!
Congrats!