Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

No kidding! So close...yet so far.

Shouldn't be too far off now... SSA notified (they don't have commissions) and Russia heard... It would be my guess that budgets are being finalized and it shouldn't be too much longer for you :-) hopefully.

Hi everyone, so I thought I'd point out today is the 6-month anniversary of the application due date. We have literally been waiting for half a year.

That, and Indonesia found out 55 days ago.

Hi everyone, so I thought I'd point out today is the 6-month anniversary of the application due date. We have literally been waiting for half a year.

whoa. 

Congratulations to everyone who got good news over the past couple of days!

OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's crazy when you put it that way.

Congrats to the Russians!

That, and Indonesia found out 55 days ago.

Oh. My. Gosh. When you put it that way (that we applied 6 months ago and that Indonesia found out FIFTY FIVE days ago) it's just insane. Looking back now i actually cant believe how much time has passed. When you add in how long it takes to put together the behemoth of an application, the whole process is practically longer than the grant period itself in many cases...

Shouldn't be too far off now... SSA notified (they don't have commissions) and Russia heard... It would be my guess that budgets are being finalized and it shouldn't be too much longer for you :-) hopefully.

You know, I am kind of nervous about finding out now. It feels like an eternity ago that I applied for this thing. And knowing that the subject line gives away the answer. Whew! I may faint!

You know, I am kind of nervous about finding out now. It feels like an eternity ago that I applied for this thing. And knowing that the subject line gives away the answer. Whew! I may faint!

You know - I feel the same way. It' certainly going to be a rush of emotion both ways...

sweet merciful heavens. And I'm guessing a lot of us started thinking about applying or preparing to apply around this time last year...What a journey it has been!

It's on the website under your specific country. I know that there is at least a range between two months or on a specific month. Spain's is between Sept - Oct 2013. So there's flexibility. I may choose October just to draws things to a close with research, etc. 

Yeah - for DRC its says you can start the grant between August 2013 and May 2014. That's kind of weird to me...as most other people have specific dates. I just want more information and less flexibility.

Yeah - for DRC its says you can start the grant between August 2013 and May 2014. That's kind of weird to me...as most other people have specific dates. I just want more information and less flexibility.

I am really curious about your Fulbright to DRC.  Are you at all nervous to go there?  Is it still as risky as it once was?

It's on the website under your specific country. I know that there is at least a range between two months or on a specific month. Spain's is between Sept - Oct 2013. So there's flexibility. I may choose October just to draws things to a close with research, etc. 

I am really curious about your Fulbright to DRC.  Are you at all nervous to go there?  Is it still as risky as it once was?

No im not nervous at all. I worked there for USAID last year and had an amazing time. Byfar one of the "fun-est" African countries I've been to. DRC is the 2nd largest African country and the fighting that is happening is on the Rwandan border, which is very far from Kinshasa and from where I will be conducting my research. 

So yeah, I'm looking at how deforestation and degradation is affecting regional water cycling, ecosystem services for livelihoods and also meso-scale and global climate change. 

I prefer a slow yes than a quick no. Words of advice to those out there that are still waiting. :D

I couldn't agree more! Also, no reason to keep myself in limbo. I'm going to go ahead and make big life decisions. Then if I find out I need to change them in a month, I'll figure out how!