MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

Hi,

Ceramics departments, my list and updates:

University of Oregon: interviewed early last week.

Ohio State: alternate

Tyler: interviewed yesterday.

University of Ohio

VCU

Alfred (word around the studio is that they called with acceptances Monday.)

University of Georgia

Let me know if anyone has anything on the ceramic departments!

How was your interview for Tyler? I am curious to hear what they ask, if there was anything unexpected. Hope it went well for you. :) I have an interview with them for MFA Painting on March 3rd, getting nervous about it. Thanks!

Hi all, are there any Jewelry and metalsmith out there?

Do you ClayandThings know if there were interviews to the metal department at UO or Tyler or VCU or SMFA?

hardly any news on our departments on this forum.

If someone knows anything on the metal department please twit,

Good Luck to all!

How was your interview for Tyler? I am curious to hear what they ask, if there was anything unexpected. Hope it went well for you. :) I have an interview with them for MFA Painting on March 3rd, getting nervous about it. Thanks!

I have no idea about the metal department, sorry!

The interview was via skype, really casual. They asked me the usual questions "Why Tyler? Why grad school? Goals for after grad school? Talk about my studio practice and research" I answered the question about my plans for after graduate school saying 'becoming a successful artist' so they followed up with 'how do I define success?' 

Hope this helps!

I have no idea about the metal department, sorry!

The interview was via skype, really casual. They asked me the usual questions "Why Tyler? Why grad school? Goals for after grad school? Talk about my studio practice and research" I answered the question about my plans for after graduate school saying 'becoming a successful artist' so they followed up with 'how do I define success?' 

Hope this helps!

Awesome! Thank you! I am traveling to Philly for my interview, but I'm sure the questions will be similar.

Good luck, I hope you get in! I'm getting more and more excited, the more I read about the program.

Anyone hear back from UT Austin yet about interviews?  Checking my email obsessively. 

I had an interview with the painting dept 2/1, but haven't heard anything since...my friend had an interview with them the week before I did and they told her it would be about a month before we heard, so I'm really hoping to hear next week

I'm going for an MFA in Ceramics this fall. I applied to these schools:

Wisconsin Madison: accepted 

Florida State: accepted

U of Oregon

Syracuse

Alfred

Ohio University

UC Davis

Have other ceramics people heard anything? 

Damn!  I haven't heard anything from U of Oregon yet. Thought I had a good shot at their program.   Just have to wait and see how it all shakes out I guess......

Idiotek,

Looks like you have a great shot and a bright future ahead!  I got a rejection from UO last year in March.  Just hold tight and best of luck!

U of Oregon

Syracuse

Alfred

Ohio University

UC Davis

yay!!!  You are the first person i have found that is applying to Ohio U.   I haven't heard anything.  I'm applying for painting there.

U of Oregon

Syracuse

Alfred

Ohio University

UC Davis

Hi tarasigillata,

I still haven't heard anything either. The silence has been a bit unnerving, but I'm maintaining my optimism. 

The schools I have applied to for ceramics are listed below.

Hunter

LSU

Ohio State

U of Florida 

Got an e-mail from MICA this morning. They want an interview. I'm super nervous, though. Does anyone have any experience with MFA program interviews (or MICA specifically)? What kind of questions can I expect?

Are you interviewing for Illustration? If you interview with Whitney Sherman, she's super nice. Really really cool lady and really sticks her neck out for her students. The new Illustration grad studios are gorgeous.

Are you interviewing for Illustration? If you interview with Whitney Sherman, she's super nice. Really really cool lady and really sticks her neck out for her students. The new Illustration grad studios are gorgeous.

Yes, it looks like I'll be interviewing with Whitney Sherman and Jaime Zollars. Have you interviewed with her as well? 

Yes, it looks like I'll be interviewing with Whitney Sherman and Jaime Zollars. Have you interviewed with her as well? 

No, I just had a lot of friends who had her before she built the grad program and have met her a few times. From what I've heard Jaime is great as a teacher and as a person.

any insiders on this?????

why I saw some people already got interview invites for some programs, but my online application status is still "complete-ready for review"? don't they go through all applications at once and select finalists for interview?

depends from program to program?

or at this point, "complete-ready for review" is just a nice way of saying "you didn't make the finalists, and we will send you a rejection later"???

REALLY PEOPLE?!  REALLY?!!?!?!  (not you guys)

Yeah, so i check the mail, and wow... a big thing from Carnegie Mellon, and one from Pratt!  

Just graduate catalogs.  

Thankfully, I was prepared for this, since someone had posted it earlier, plus I didn't apply to Pratt (I don't even remember going on their website). But really, how cruel can they get?  I mean, why do they send these out several weeks after the deadlines have passed?  

Oh well, at least i have some free magazines now.