2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Rejection from Princeton and apparent rejection from Berkeley... Really wish Berkeley would just send out all types of decisions already instead of letting it drag on like this.

Of course, what I really wish is that they'd send me an acceptance letter with lots and lots of funding and glory attached, but I guess a definite rejection is something a little more realistic. 

I've lurked here on and off, and decided to share my acceptance.  I got a phone call from Penn State last Tuesday offering acceptance into their Sociology and Demography progam.  I'm excited to see how things go from here!

Seriously, it was not the best month or two for her between when I got into my top choice (the first school I heard back from) and when my then girlfriend got into her top choice (effectively the last school she heard from... of eighteen).  She went through a jillion stages of panic, the whole "I'm worthless, how could I think I was good enough, who am I, what is my future" thing.  It worked out.  Similarly, just be patient for this shitty a month or two. 
To add to the link lovin.. This best represents my thoughts on the admissions process http://m.joyreactor.com/post/401613

I posted in the UT Austin forum about this, but realized that it would be more helpful here...  most visit days are on weekdays..  since the faculty are on campus then and sometimes schools encourage you to sit in on actual grad classes.  There are almost always conflicts, either with work/school or other admit days.  My advice would be to visit any of the schools you remotely could possibly see yourself attending (and I would never choose a program without first visiting).  So those of you who are lucky to get into a lot of places - just also know that the next few months will be really chaotic with the visits and selection process.