Canadian school applicants

bedmas

Western's education faculty informed me that i'm on the wait list for a PhD in educational psychology. 

Does anyone know how much time the admission process could take? And how long a wait list can be? 

Anyone else anxiously awaiting decisions from  NPSIA (Carleton) or uOttawa (MPIA)???

I'm on the verge of an anxiety attack every time I get an e-mail to my phone...

Try to live as though you have already been rejected. It has been my game plan thus far.

Just an FYI to anyone who applied to schools in Alberta: provincial budgeting cut 7.2% to post-secondary education.  There are going to be massive budget cuts, unsure of where it will all be. Here's some more info from UofA:
http://news.ualberta.ca/newsarticles/2013/march/campus-connects-on-budget-challenges-at-forum

Any news from Manitoba Pol Sci/ MPA? I haven't heard a word... :/

Give Val a call. Not sure why it's taking so long. I got mine last week and it was a rejection. No surprise there though 'cause I know they are looking for more Pol Studies courses from me.

Maybe you're still in the pool of candidates they are considering.

Waiting is soo distractinggg! I have been browsing these forums for a long time and always checking the results search. I'm waiting to hear back from UofT for their Masters in Health Services Research program.

I'm glad that their are forums like this otherwise I would be driving people around me crazy during this waiting period lol

All of my applications still say "ready for review" at this point. Is this weird? I feel like its starting to get late in the game, but maybe i'm just being too anxious?!

All of my applications still say "ready for review" at this point. Is this weird? I feel like its starting to get late in the game, but maybe i'm just being too anxious?!

Mine just say "Applied" and "WA." I have no idea.

I just found out I got into professional communication at Ryerson! $12,000 scholarship. I am in shock I cannot believe it. I have a 78-80% average (depending on how you look at it) and I have communications experience within my school. Good luck to everyone here!!

Just an FYI to anyone who applied to schools in Alberta: provincial budgeting cut 7.2% to post-secondary education.  There are going to be massive budget cuts, unsure of where it will all be. Here's some more info from UofA:

http://news.ualberta.ca/newsarticles/2013/march/campus-connects-on-budget-challenges-at-forum

While these cuts are daunting. I dont think this will affect this year's applicants as funding offers are set for four years. I'm more concerned for the incoming students of next years to come.

Has anyone heard from OISE for the Developmental Psychology and Education program (1 yr MA)?

To the other poster from Trent- I heard from them today, although I am in a different program.  I don't think they update the online status. I recieved an email with a PDF version of the admission letter with funding information. Hopefully you will also hear soon!

I did my undergrad there as well, fantastic school :)

Are you waiting on UofT's anthro MA program or PhD? If it's PhD the decisions have already been made (went out mid feb). If it's anthro MA last year decisions came out at the end of March.

I'm waiting for the Msc, If I was waiting for the Phd I would be pretty worried right now haha as I know that they've sent out acceptances! Even though I know they are likely to come out at the end of march, like you said, it doesn't ease the stress all that much!

Is it acceptable to email the admissions contact listed on the university's website to inquire where the the department is in the review process? I'm not sure if its too early to be doing this and if I want to tempt fate in that way. Is it common practice to contact them or am I just an impatient pain in the butt?

Is it acceptable to email the admissions contact listed on the university's website to inquire where the the department is in the review process? I'm not sure if its too early to be doing this and if I want to tempt fate in that way. Is it common practice to contact them or am I just an impatient pain in the butt?

You should contact the department's graduate secretary. They are usually pretty nice about these questions. You could also e-mail your POI. Make sure to mention that you are inquiring as you have received other offers, if that is in fact true.

You should contact the department's graduate secretary. They are usually pretty nice about these questions. You could also e-mail your POI. Make sure to mention that you are inquiring as you have received other offers, if that is in fact true.

Thanks, I have gone ahead an emailed them now. Fingers crossed they can give me a little insight as to where things are in the review process!