Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

1 hour ago, mandy wong said:

Hi, Hifi. I wish you all the best with your interview! I also made the MPA application but haven't received any feedback from LKY. May I know when you submitted your application? Mine is around Dec. 9. 

And if it is not offensive, can you share some of your profile? I have been working for about 10 years, 3 years in private sector and 7 years in foreign diplomatic fields. I already got a master degree in linguistics. 

Thank you!

Hi! Your profile says that you are the one who is going to get offer for the program without interview. I submitted by application on 15th December. 

Regarding my profile, I have over 7 years of experience of which 3 years relate to public policy, 1 year to industry and 3 years to academia. I did MBA and also have an M.S in finance. 

8 minutes ago, Hifi said:

Hi! Your profile says that you are the one who is going to get offer for the program without interview. I submitted by application on 15th December. 

Regarding my profile, I have over 7 years of experience of which 3 years relate to public policy, 1 year to industry and 3 years to academia. I did MBA and also have an M.S in finance. 

Thank you for the kind words! Your profile is much better than mine, diverse, interdisplinary and much more relevant to the program. I guess there are excessive amount of applicants for this year given many people deferred the overseas study due to the pandemic in the last two years. It makes the application even more competitive. Anyways, I wish you all the success with the interview and get the offer eventually. Thanks again!

3 minutes ago, mandy wong said:

Thank you for the kind words! Your profile is much better than mine, diverse, interdisplinary and much more relevant to the program. I guess there are excessive amount of applicants for this year given many people deferred the overseas study due to the pandemic in the last two years. It makes the application even more competitive. Anyways, I wish you all the success with the interview and get the offer eventually. Thanks again!

Thank you. Also, LKYSPP keeps the process going in tranches for over 3 months and even 4 so, wait is going to be nerve wrecking :D 

Hi I have also applied for the MIA program and haven't heard anything yet. I read here someone already got their offer letter. Does this mean that the rejection letters are the ones that are going to be sent out by April mid week? I didn't receive any interview invite

2 hours ago, Achu said:

Hi I have also applied for the MIA program and haven't heard anything yet. I read here someone already got their offer letter. Does this mean that the rejection letters are the ones that are going to be sent out by April mid week? I didn't receive any interview invite

Hello, Im also an MIA applicant and I havent heard anything from them/been interviewed. Ive gotten an offer with a confirmation due mid April so the wait has been making me so anxious because LKY is my first choice :(

3 minutes ago, bbibbi said:

Hello, Im also an MIA applicant and I havent heard anything from them/been interviewed. Ive gotten an offer with a confirmation due mid April so the wait has been making me so anxious because LKY is my first choice :(

Hi yes LKY is my dream school as well but I am currently pursuing my undergraduate studies with 4 internships and I am scared they prefer people with experience. Can you please share your background?

On 3/17/2022 at 7:42 PM, Hifi said:

Thank you. Also, LKYSPP keeps the process going in tranches for over 3 months and even 4 so, wait is going to be nerve wrecking :D 

Hi! How was your interview going? Everything alright if you don't mind me asking. Did the school specifically mention about when the result will be rolled out? And do you personally think the interview is still being scheduled? Many thanks!

6 hours ago, mandy wong said:

Hi! How was your interview going? Everything alright if you don't mind me asking. Did the school specifically mention about when the result will be rolled out? And do you personally think the interview is still being scheduled? Many thanks!

Hi! It was good. No, not at all, I will like sharing my experience. I sent email to LKYSPP admissions regarding case study and they replied me that my interview will not be based on case study (surprise). Later, my interview started sharp at 0300 pm(schedules time), interviewer was  polite, nice and courteous. He sad during intro that he has say in my admission decision. 

Interview questions were general, more of like a conversation, following a natural flow. At the end he asked me if I had any questions. I said yes :P a. I was expecting a case study based interview however a general discussion based interview caught me off guard. Maybe I am reading between the lines but why was my interview not case study based. Reply: Admission team decides whether an interview is based on case study or not. And then he added that probably this does not have any affect on decisions and it just varies and is a process.

b. I asked question about Governance Project.  

1 hour ago, bbibbi said:

Hello! Have any MIA applicants received admission offers/ interview requests  from LKYSPP recently? ?

Hi, I am not a MIA applicant but if you read the above post days back, someone has received MIA offer, but it is done by tranches so applicants who haven't received still get chances, I think. 

17 hours ago, Hifi said:

Hi! It was good. No, not at all, I will like sharing my experience. I sent email to LKYSPP admissions regarding case study and they replied me that my interview will not be based on case study (surprise). Later, my interview started sharp at 0300 pm(schedules time), interviewer was  polite, nice and courteous. He sad during intro that he has say in my admission decision. 

Interview questions were general, more of like a conversation, following a natural flow. At the end he asked me if I had any questions. I said yes :P a. I was expecting a case study based interview however a general discussion based interview caught me off guard. Maybe I am reading between the lines but why was my interview not case study based. Reply: Admission team decides whether an interview is based on case study or not. And then he added that probably this does not have any affect on decisions and it just varies and is a process.

b. I asked question about Governance Project.  

Thank you so so much for the generous and nicely put feedback. I heartily wish that you hear the good news from the school soon. All the very best!!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hifi said:

few people have received decisions.

You mean both MPP and MPA? For MPA, the first batch should have been sent out based on the previous experience. I have seen in other platform that people have received both MPP offer and rejection letter since April 8. I have written to the office today to ask about the first batch but only get very diplomatic reply. The line behind it is the first batch did sent out already. And also, April 14 and 15 are Singapore's public holiday so the school will resume operation since April 18th. 

IMG_6151.jpg

21 hours ago, mandy wong said:

You mean both MPP and MPA? For MPA, the first batch should have been sent out based on the previous experience. I have seen in other platform that people have received both MPP offer and rejection letter since April 8. I have written to the office today to ask about the first batch but only get very diplomatic reply. The line behind it is the first batch did sent out already. And also, April 14 and 15 are Singapore's public holiday so the school will resume operation since April 18th. 

IMG_6151.jpg

Yes, for both MPA and MPP. Only LKYSPP can understand the logic behind these decisions in tranches.

for MIA first decision came in around March.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 4:28 PM, Hifi said:

Yes, for both MPA and MPP. Only LKYSPP can understand the logic behind these decisions in tranches.

for MIA first decision came in around March.

Hi, have you heard anything from the school? Do you know when is the deadline to confirm the acceptance of last batch? Singapore seems to have public holidays from May 1st to 3rd. If nothing happens this week, we need to wait till May 4th. I always believe the good offers come first. The longer I wait, the slimmer chance it would be for me to get admitted...  It has been almost 5 months since I submitted the application. A result is all I want, whether it is in or out.....

11 hours ago, mandy wong said:

Hi, have you heard anything from the school? Do you know when is the deadline to confirm the acceptance of last batch? Singapore seems to have public holidays from May 1st to 3rd. If nothing happens this week, we need to wait till May 4th. I always believe the good offers come first. The longer I wait, the slimmer chance it would be for me to get admitted...  It has been almost 5 months since I submitted the application. A result is all I want, whether it is in or out.....

Hello, I just wanted to say that I really understand how you're feeling. I submitted early last year, so it has been about 7 months since I submitted my application. It worries me to wait until June only to get a rejection ☹️Regarding the deadline for acceptance for the last batch, I believe it could either be this week or next week - considering the 2 week period that has been mentioned on previous posts on this forum. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all !!  Finally, I got the MPA admission offer with scholarship yesterday afternoon, not including housing though. But it covers tuition fees, monthly stipend, return flights, one time settling fee etc. The deadline for acceptance is May 24. The school is so generous to me so I will take up the offer definitely. This forum is a huge help, along with thousands of posts each of you put in here. Thank you!

I only applied for LKY SPP. When I made the application, I never seriously thought I could make it. I originally came from a remote underdeveloped county in my country and I never thought I could make this far. But now, the dream in my early 20s comes true. It is surreal, and I am super happy and I feel very much blessed!! 

I was not interviewed if someone tends to ask. I would like to be connected with other classmates if possible. As what's app is not working in my country, please feel free to message me in this forum and I will check it from time to time. If any girls are deciding on housing options, I would love to join the discussion. Thank you in advance!! 

I wish you all get what you desire for. 

16 hours ago, mandy wong said:

Hi all !!  Finally, I got the MPA admission offer with scholarship yesterday afternoon, not including housing though. But it covers tuition fees, monthly stipend, return flights, one time settling fee etc. The deadline for acceptance is May 24. The school is so generous to me so I will take up the offer definitely. This forum is a huge help, along with thousands of posts each of you put in here. Thank you!

I only applied for LKY SPP. When I made the application, I never seriously thought I could make it. I originally came from a remote underdeveloped county in my country and I never thought I could make this far. But now, the dream in my early 20s comes true. It is surreal, and I am super happy and I feel very much blessed!! 

I was not interviewed if someone tends to ask. I would like to be connected with other classmates if possible. As what's app is not working in my country, please feel free to message me in this forum and I will check it from time to time. If any girls are deciding on housing options, I would love to join the discussion. Thank you in advance!! 

I wish you all get what you desire for. 

Congratulations Mandy!! I also got my MPP offer with a full ride scholarship. 

3 hours ago, Halcyon97 said:

Congratulations Mandy!! I also got my MPP offer with a full ride scholarship. 

Thank you!! I know the school will send out more admin notifications later on, but do you know what is the expected date for our check in or the arrival date? Thanks.