Final Decision Thread 2013

tumblr_inline_misxp2HzTg1qz4rgp.gif

We had a thread for this last year where people formally announced what their decisions are (in fact, some brilliant person put together a GoogleDocs document so we could see a summary list of who was going where - anyone want to do that?).  I figured that since a few people appear to either be close to making a formal decision and a few seem to have chosen, we could celebrate where we'll be for the next five years in a thread.  Anyone want to kick this off?

My ineptitude with "Cloud"-stuff prevents me from being able to open up a public Google Doc, but I would definitely be interested in seeing how this goes. 

I still can't make any final decisions until funding comes through and I hear back from two other schools. :'(

Why is this taking so long?

I'm in the same boat (except for the other schools...I'm just waiting on funding). I am supposed to know by Thursday (tomorrow) afternoon, but I'm starting to doubt that haha.

I'm in the same boat (except for the other schools...I'm just waiting on funding). I am supposed to know by Thursday (tomorrow) afternoon, but I'm starting to doubt that haha.

really really want to get that fellowship. :'(

Alas, Good Luck! :D

Edited by yellow.wallpaper

Oh, yay!  Lots of people posted on the Google Doc already.  Don't forget to include what you're going to be studying, guys - that's part of the fun of seeing who's going where.

I received my final unceremonious rejection a few days ago, making this decision... a non-decision! UNC Chapel Hill, here I come! B) I haven't officially accepted the offer yet because I want to visit first (just in case?), but it's about 99% likely that I will be enrolling there. It's so exciting and scary to be looking my future right in the eye!

It's great that I know this now, because I'm having a "thanks for putting up with me while I applied to grad school, and yay, I got in somewhere!" party tomorrow night. Now I can stock up on Hpnotiq, Blue Curacao, UV Blue, etc etc in order to stain everyone's insides a nice Carolina blue.

Oh, yay!  Lots of people posted on the Google Doc already.  Don't forget to include what you're going to be studying, guys - that's part of the fun of seeing who's going where.

Ope, I was wondering why there was so little variance in the last column. I've been weirdly shy about sharing my interests, though I realize that no one really cares, haha.

Is it bad that I kind of wish there was a column for 'avatar' in the google doc? I seem to associate users more with their avatars than their usernames :P

Anyway, congrats everybody! You made it :)

Haha, I was thinking that too. Although I didn't recognize everyone's avatars right off the bat... I've done a Google image search on some of them because it was driving me nuts.

I received my final unceremonious rejection a few days ago, making this decision... a non-decision! UNC Chapel Hill, here I come! B) I haven't officially accepted the offer yet because I want to visit first (just in case?), but it's about 99% likely that I will be enrolling there. It's so exciting and scary to be looking my future right in the eye!

It's great that I know this now, because I'm having a "thanks for putting up with me while I applied to grad school, and yay, I got in somewhere!" party tomorrow night. Now I can stock up on Hpnotiq, Blue Curacao, UV Blue, etc etc in order to stain everyone's insides a nice Carolina blue.

Congrats! You'll love it, because you'd have to be crazy and stupid not to. ;) Go Tar Heels!

Congrats to everyone who has made their final decision!!! I am not there yet, but I can't wait for that moment to come! This is really an incredible process. We have gone through so much in the last few months. I am so proud to see everyone's successes on here!

Congrats, Proflorax! I think ya picked the right one, baby ;) Guess that means my rejection letter should be coming any day now... reckon you just can't win em all!

Congrats to all the others who've made their final decisions. Woot!