Final Decision Thread 2013

Oh god, I just got into Irvine... I have noooo idea....

ETA: Well, they said they'd make me an offer if I still want one. So... not quite in, but it seems like it?

Wow, that's both awesome and crazy! I don't envy your next 24 hours. But at least you really can't make a wrong choice, although I don't know if that makes it any easier. :wacko: Did you use Datatape's method of choice-making above?

ETA: Well, they said they'd make me an offer if I still want one. So... not quite in, but it seems like it?

Made it official last week: I will be attending the University of Kansas for my MA. Is it weird that after all the e-mails sent and the websites checked off the decision still didn't actually feel final until I filled out the Google doc? Regardless, congrats to those who have made their decision and good luck to those still pondering!

Congrats!  You've got lots of great options.  Can't say I envy the crazy-fast decision-making you've got to do in the next few hours!  ;)

sebastiansteddy, I'd go for Ohio State or Irvine. It's a tough call. Both great schools, congrats on getting in. Good luck!! Let us know what you decide.

Thanks - I will let everyone know what I decide. Everyone on here has been amazingly supportive. You have all helped me through this so much. I am still anxiously awaiting to hear about funding from Irvine. 

I was a lurker on these boards most of this season, but I want to thank all of you regular posters for your positive energy, good humor, and often helpful advice.

I accepted an offer for the Ph.D. program in Writing History and Theory (WHiT) at Case Western Reserve University today.

To those who've already accepted, good luck in your programs come Fall!

To those who are still waiting for wait-lists to convert, I'll keep my fingers crossed right there with you.

To those who were shut out but plan to saddle up for the next application season, I am sending the best of good vibes your way. I (with uncharacteristic optimism) only applied to one program for Fall 2012, and when I was not accepted, it was difficult to rally again. I did, though: I rethought my strategy, reworked my materials, and I came out of this season with 8/10 acceptances. It can happen.

To everybody, I look forward to reading your work, running into you at conferences, and perhaps being your friend and colleague in years to come. Take care out there.

[edited for silly typos]

Edited by MFAtoPhD

I have made my final decision. I will be attending The Ohio State University for my PhD in English. GO BUCKS.

What a difficult decision. I LOVED everyone at Riverside, and Irvine is an amazing program, but in the end OSU is the place for me.

I have made my final decision. I will be attending The Ohio State University for my PhD in English. GO BUCKS.

What a difficult decision. I LOVED everyone at Riverside, and Irvine is an amazing program, but in the end OSU is the place for me.

WOOT!

I have made my final decision. I will be attending The Ohio State University for my PhD in English. GO BUCKS.   What a difficult decision. I LOVED everyone at Riverside, and Irvine is an amazing program, but in the end OSU is the place for me.
Yaaaaaay! Congrats! What a long 24 hours for you!

Yayayayayayayay!! Congratulations! I'll see you in August :)

a_560x0.jpg

kudos!! OSU is lucky to have you! now get out there & celebrate!!

Thanks! I was about to go celebrate, but then I heard about this attack in Boston. I am very distraught over it, all of my family is in Boston (my sisters are marathon runners - both ok). The explosions were right near my undergrad institution. Please everyone keep Boston in your thoughts.

Thanks! I was about to go celebrate, but then I heard about this attack in Boston. I am very distraught over it, all of my family is in Boston (my sisters are marathon runners - both ok). The explosions were right near my undergrad institution. Please everyone keep Boston in your thoughts.

yeah, word hit our office around the time i came back from my lunch break. glad to hear that your family's safe & sound, but it definitely changed the mood of april 15th for sure. just awful...