2014 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Monochrome Spring

Interview dates are Feb 6-8 (Quantitative/Comp Bio, Biophysics,BME focus), Feb 20-22 (Cell regulation, Biochem focus), and March 6-8 (Cancer Bio, Molecular Microbio focus). Good luck, hope you hear back soon!

Yay! There's still hope yet...they seem to really be rolling their invites. Thanks for the info. What interview dates did they offer?

Just called Emory's Biological + Biomedical Sciences program, asked about MMG invites.  They said they were not finished sending out invites, and that the recruitment process will be going on until March, and that they asked us to "be patient."

(I do know that at least one rejection for MMG was sent out on Feb 20 last year.)

So just called the main Stanford Biosciences office and they said "as of today, all invitations to all home programs have been sent out." -_-

Did they specify mail or email? I heard that some official interview invitations were sent via mail on Friday, meaning that we might not get them until sometime this week.

Did they specify mail or email? I heard that some official interview invitations were sent via mail on Friday, meaning that we might not get them until sometime this week.

no. but i thought they were e-mail since everyone has been posting Stanford interview invites via emial?

no. but i thought they were e-mail since everyone has been posting Stanford interview invites via emial?

So I just called my department specifically (biology), and they said "they're in the process of sending things out within the next week or so"... perhaps there is hope. did you call the main office, or your program specifically?

Thanks for that info :) I see that you have got an interview from UT Austin.Congratz!! When did you get it? I applied to the Biochemistry program (International applicant). Can you give me any info about that?

I'm in-state, and applied mid November and heard back mid December. The interview is early, January 23rd, so maybe they're waiting until after that to contact international students? Just a guess.

I think I might just be instilling and promoting false hope for myself, haha. Maybe I will call to specify for neuro. I heard for neuro that people got phone calls, some got follow up emails, but to expect snail mail with details.

So I just called my department specifically (biology), and they said "they're in the process of sending things out within the next week or so"... perhaps there is hope. did you call the main office, or your program specifically?

No one has been picking up in my home program for the past few days... So I called the main biosci office and asked if all home programs were done. And she told me that as of  today they were done sending things for ALL programs... so now your info is surprising and hopeful lol