MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Has anyone hear anything from the University of Illinois Chicago for graphic design?

I applied by the priority deadline and was accepted beginning of February. There was no interview process. I'm still waiting to hear about financial aid!

Edited by grawlix

Conrats! I went to SAIC last year, the school was placed in the city. Also there are a lot of facilities for students to use for graphic design. It was really awesome !! I totally recommend SAIC

Hi! I'm new to the forum and thought that I might ask for some information about schools...

I just got accepted to SAIC and CalArts for their respective 3-year graphic design programs and am waiting to hear back from a couple of more schools before deciding. Does anyone know anything about them and would be able to offer some advice? I'll be visiting the schools soon to see for myself, and I know that SAIC has a great letterpress, etc, and has a little bit of money that they might be able to offer, and I also know that the program at CalArts is really incredible but has close to zero chances of offering me any kind of funding.

Any words would be appreciated! Thanks!

UCLA rejection this morning too....

I guess next year I will have to broaden my school choices. Only applying to three schools probably didn't help me very much.

I did and the professor seemed to really appreciate it.

Do you guys send thank you emails after your interviews? This is something i hear mixed opinions on. My interview was 6 days ago so I'm worried it's too late to send one anyways

Conrats! I went to SAIC last year, the school was placed in the city. Also there are a lot of facilities for students to use for graphic design. It was really awesome !! I totally recommend SAIC

Thanks! Were you a student at SAIC last year? In which department, and for what program?

I applied by the priority deadline and was accepted beginning of February. There was no interview process. I'm still waiting to hear about financial aid!

Congrats! I guess its pretty unlikely for me now, but I will not lose hope!

What made you apply to them in the first place? Are you familiar with their program? I actually don't know much about the school. Anything helps! thanks!

Rejected from UCLA this morning as well. Oh, c'est la vie!

Do you guys send thank you emails after your interviews? This is something i hear mixed opinions on. My interview was 6 days ago so I'm worried it's too late to send one anyways

Yes, I did. I think professors (well, anyone) welcomes you taking some time out of your day to say you appreciate their input.
Edited by ellephoto

Rejected from UCLA this morning as well. Oh, c'est la vie!

Yes, I did. I think professors (well, anyone) welcomes you taking some time out of your day to say you appreciate their input.

I also did write thank you emails after my interviews.  I think it really shows a level of professionalism and follow-up.  And some times you can gage how your interviews went by their responses.

I'm joining the UCLA reject-club.... did anyone here get accepted?  Not sure if I may have missed something.

Got an interview at Colorado -Boulder and am on wait list at Cornell.  

Congratulations to all those who are receiving acceptances!!! 

And if you didn't get in this year, there is always next year.  This process is so subjective and competitive so just keep trying if you feel that it is something you want to pursue.  And my 2 cents is... go where the money is!!! Grad school is no guarantee these days.

Some wise advice that I received recently from a fellow seasoned artist is that you don't want to go somewhere where you will be in a worse position than you are in now... and mostly he meant financially.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear ;) 

how did you like carl ostendarp at cornell? I respect him so much i was really hoping to get to interview,  but this was my first year applying....good advice!

I'm joining the UCLA reject-club.... did anyone here get accepted?  Not sure if I may have missed something.

Got an interview at Colorado -Boulder and am on wait list at Cornell.  

Congratulations to all those who are receiving acceptances!!! 

And if you didn't get in this year, there is always next year.  This process is so subjective and competitive so just keep trying if you feel that it is something you want to pursue.  And my 2 cents is... go where the money is!!! Grad school is no guarantee these days.

Some wise advice that I received recently from a fellow seasoned artist is that you don't want to go somewhere where you will be in a worse position than you are in now... and mostly he meant financially.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear ;)

Super excited, just got an email request for an interview from The University of Colorado in Boulder! Interview's this Friday…

Congratulations! Waiting to hear from those people....probably not ;)

I just was offered a $30,000/yr fellowship to SFAI. They want me to tell them my decision by the 26th, but I'm still waiting to hear back from my top choice school (MassArt). WHY ARE DECISIONS HARD!

Do you guys think if I called/emailed MassArt and told them my situation, and that I received an offer from another school, but that they're my first choice school, if they could tell me if a decision has been made? (I know that sentence structure sucks, but I'm too anxious to fix it.)

Way to go!

I am also considering & most likely going to SFAI--how did you find about the fellowship?

Good luck with MassArt, and maybe see you next year at SFAI!

I just was offered a $30,000/yr fellowship to SFAI. They want me to tell them my decision by the 26th, but I'm still waiting to hear back from my top choice school (MassArt). WHY ARE DECISIONS HARD!

Do you guys think if I called/emailed MassArt and told them my situation, and that I received an offer from another school, but that they're my first choice school, if they could tell me if a decision has been made? (I know that sentence structure sucks, but I'm too anxious to fix it.)