MFA 2014 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

kafralal

Hi klp, I've got one too) when is your interview?

Yep, I've got an e-mail yesterday with invitation to interview.

and! Any word from SAIC photography?

Yes, someone a few pages back said they had received an interview request for SAIC photography. 

Hi klp, I've got one too) when is your interview?

Yep, I've got an e-mail yesterday with invitation to interview.

and! Any word from SAIC photography?

Hey Varney, 25th Feb. When is yours? Soooo excited / completely terrified. Are you based in the States?

I know I'm posting a lot today but I was just curious if anyone had been called for interviews yet from Cal Arts? It says they do it "mid-February" which is basically now give or take a day. 

I posted this earlier, but here it is again. I emailed Brian Gershey on Feb 7th to find out when the they will be interviewing.

"The MFA Interview Day is scheduled for Thursday, March 13th. We are currently reviewing MFA files right now and hope to make decisions shortly. Please keep checking your email for updates."

Any lurkers here who have applied to UT Knoxville's Transmedia program? I see applicants from sculpture and printmaking have already been contacted, which makes me think I'm outta luck, but I also see transmedia didn't notify til later in Feb last year and my application status still says in review, so I haven't given up hope yet.

This waiting is brutal.

I posted this earlier, but here it is again. I emailed Brian Gershey on Feb 7th to find out when the they will be interviewing.

"The MFA Interview Day is scheduled for Thursday, March 13th. We are currently reviewing MFA files right now and hope to make decisions shortly. Please keep checking your email for updates."

Thanks for letting me know. I feel like this will probably be the first school I hear from so I'm feeling a little anxious. I read most of the previous thread but I must of missed your posting. My friend went and interviewed for them last year and she said it was an all day event and I believe she heard in the middle of February. Good luck to you! Maybe I'll see you at the interview. :)

Just got an interview for UC Irvine!!!

My apologies for polluting this thread with my whining earlier, you were all very nice and supportive.

Awesome, congrats, glad to hear that!

No worries, we're all on edge in our own ways.

My apologies for polluting this thread with my whining earlier, you were all very nice and supportive.

Yay!!! Congratulations Czarina, best of luck with your interview!

Thanks for letting me know. I feel like this will probably be the first school I hear from so I'm feeling a little anxious. I read most of the previous thread but I must of missed your posting. My friend went and interviewed for them last year and she said it was an all day event and I believe she heard in the middle of February. Good luck to you! Maybe I'll see you at the interview. :)

It has been so busy here the last little while (and that is great!)...posts are easy to miss. Sorry if I sounded snarky...that's not what I meant. Good luck to you too, I hope we hear soon.

What is your medium?

And has anyone heard from UT austin or UNM for photo?  I saw that some people have heard for sculpture I think.  Still holding out hope for photography.

That's hard but my friend, who I think is immensely talented got rejected from 4 out of 5 schools. It only takes one. Don't lose hope!

Definitely agree with tofutuesday here. Meese, last year Tyler posted my rejected on April 1st. The next day I started a big sculpture project that surely was the single work that got me into the two schools I have this year. We'll see about Tyler this second time around, but the bottom line is that rejection is like wind in your face, you work against it and your legs get stronger.

What a beautiful sentiment Tomberry! I completely agree in the gap year I took from applying my work has progressed, I have progressed, and I feel more grounded and ready to take on this challenge.

That being said, I just got a rejection email from one of the schools. I'm trying to not feel discouraged. I think I'll feel better once I know what is happening with my life (as we all will). Is it mid-March yet?

I got that Columbia financial aid message as well. I haven't completed the financial aid forms yet. 

Did you get that extra financial aid message from Columbia that you had to fill out? I swear I had a freaking heart attack when I saw an admissions email from Columbia but it wasn't THAT admissions email... Unfortunately... Still waiting to hear back from all of the schools. 

Have you guys filled them out? I always get sketched out filling out forms like that... I have no idea about expected income and paying into retirement funds and what scholarships I've secured etc. It freaks me out that in the fine details they can potentially kick you out for misleading information.... it's all slightly misleading as I have no idea how to answer all the questions. Ha.

What have you done about it? It's due soon...

Hi there, I have my first interview on Sunday via skype (yikes). It is for Parsons.  I was wondering if anyone who has already had interviews might mind sharing some questions they were asked. I know all schools aren't the same, but I feel like I need to prep myself in someway.  In return, I'd be happy to post questions that were actually asked after the interview.

thanks!