NSF GRFP 2013-14

guttata

Why the notation "G/VG"? Isn't the notation just "Very Good" or "Good" ?

You get both a Broader Impacts and an Intellectual Merit assessment independent of each other, thus two scores per reviewer.

Edited by guttata

Just a lurker (finally) coming out from the shadows (at the latest possible moment). 

Best wishes to everyone! My lab group is already sick of hearing about my anxiety issues and the night is still young....

I did twice as much field work today, just so that I don't have to do any tomorrow.

I wish I would have had that option. 8 hours of field work today plus an unknown number for tomorrow. Sigh. 

It's tschlich! heh

i wish... it seems my 1st, 2nd, 3rd usernames were already taken on fastlane.  Really should have written this down.  Anyone know where I can find it?

Silly question:

If you're denied/rejected, how does NSF phrase that? On fastlane where it says "Final Status" will it say "Denied", "Rejected", "Not Accepted"?

I only ask because I don't want to scan the page and see "Accepted" and be excited only to realize the word before it is "Not".

Am I crazy for wondering?

i wish... it seems my 1st, 2nd, 3rd usernames were already taken on fastlane.  Really should have written this down.  Anyone know where I can find it?

Mine was first initial, middle initial, last name - might be the standard?

Wait so results should come out by 2AM EST? 

Trying to decide if I wanna stay up an extra hour to find out. Imma be pissed if I stay up and don't find out..

Having gone through this last year, I'll go to sleep at a normal hour. Regardless of the outcome, I think it's best to maximize feeling good tomorrow in any way possible. Similarly, for those of you waiting until tomorrow, it's probably a good idea to eat breakfast before reading the result.