Anthropology Results 2014

Canis

Thanks! I knew they were meeting but it's nice to have a time frame

FWIW, regarding time frames: my department is currently processing the "graduate self assessments," which are effectively the means for determining who gets funded TAships, scholarships, and fellowships; selections are made separately between subfields and tracks. Incoming students may apply for funding consideration if they wish, and their application materials are used as a proxy for the statement of "please fund me" purpose.

Last year, I received my acceptance on 2/20. This year, the forms were due 1/31, and I heard that funding decisions take — you guessed it — "2 or 3 weeks." In other words, decisions for incoming students are made in a time frame that suits our funding decisions time frame. Also, for our grad school in general, a lot of applications for competitive, university-wide funding opportunities are due between 2/1 and 2/15.

If you're still looking for a time frame for anywhere, you might want to click around the department's site to see if they have any similar application processes for within- or between-department funding or distinctions, and compare any findings to last year's results postings. It might help you get a better sense of what's going on with the higher-ups who are making all of these decisions in the same two or three week span. :)

Someone posted a rejection from University of Pittsburgh. And you all are saying someone got an interview from UCSD. I haven't heard back from either of these schools. I am filled with anxiety right now!

the Pittsburgh rejection is mine........

(i like how i am claiming it with pride). Dont worry if you have not heard anything from them, because i wrote an email to find out and the director said that they had not sent out notifications yet but they will "soon" ...i wish you better news than i have

the Pittsburgh rejection is mine........

(i like how i am claiming it with pride). Dont worry if you have not heard anything from them, because i wrote an email to find out and the director said that they had not sent out notifications yet but they will "soon" ...i wish you better news than i have

Daisy hang in there. Sending hugs.

Rejected from CUNY with a form email.

Looks like this season is a wash.  I don't need official notifications from the rest of my schools to know what's already written on the wall, so to speak.

Looks like I'll be here for next cycle too.  Anyone? 

For the record, I'm declining SDSU... I weighed the pros and cons, and I can't afford it, especially if I want to continue on to the PhD afterward. :(

Edit: Didn't realize my thoughts weren't completely clarified: basically, all the MA programs I applied to are out of the option at this point. I had some very unfortunate misconceptions about funding opportunities at each, and there is no way I can afford any of the programs. Also, I am not counting on either of my two other PhD programs (aside from CUNY) to pull through. They were huuuge stretches, and I admittedly forced the fit.

Edited by xstopfloating

Rejected from CUNY with a form email.

Looks like this season is a wash.  I don't need official notifications from the rest of my schools to know what's already written on the wall, so to speak.

Looks like I'll be here for next cycle too.  Anyone? 

Sorry to hear that :(

Literally one minute after my above post about getting rejected from Pitt, I got an email asking for a phone interview from UCSD. They called me about 20 minutes after that.

I am on an emotional rollercoaster!

THAT IS AWESOME! Congrats, and good luck!

Thanks donaofdoom. 8 more to go. But especially 4 are important for me. Rutgers, UPENN, Brown and Boston Uni. Other than those, I applied to Northwestern, Michigan, Northeastern and Harvard.

So, let's keep our hopes up!