Venting Thread- Vent about anything.

MoJingly

I broke up with my boyfriend of several years. There just wasn't a future for us. So now I go from being happy that I'm single to being sad that it didn't work to being irritated because his ass still lives in my house. And he won't be able to move out for weeks because he's been unemployed for many months. *sigh*

On the plus side, I've known I don't want children for years so at least my biological clock keeps its nose out of the conversation.

My last boyfriend (the guy I dated before my husband) lived with me. We broke up and he moved into the other bedroom. Three days later he lost his job. I packed all his stuff and put it in the living room. I told him if he didnt have a job he couldn't pay rent and he needed to find someone else's house to crash in and I didn't care where it was. He moved back in with his mom and I was so happy to have him gone.

He's your ex. Don't feel obligated to house his unemployed self. He's an adult and you guys broke up. Tell him he has x amount of days to find somewhere else to go. You'll feel so relieved once he's gone.

what's this deal where 80% of all the sublets you see are "for girls?" gender discrimination is not ok!

Aren't most sublets rooms in currently occupied apartments? The other women there may want to live with another woman. (I know for me personally cohabitating with a man that isn't my boyfriend would make me uncomfortable)

My last boyfriend (the guy I dated before my husband) lived with me. We broke up and he moved into the other bedroom. Three days later he lost his job. I packed all his stuff and put it in the living room. I told him if he didnt have a job he couldn't pay rent and he needed to find someone else's house to crash in and I didn't care where it was. He moved back in with his mom and I was so happy to have him gone.

He's your ex. Don't feel obligated to house his unemployed self. He's an adult and you guys broke up. Tell him he has x amount of days to find somewhere else to go. You'll feel so relieved once he's gone.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have any friends here and his family is across the country.  He has a job that is starting soon so I'll just have to spend a lot of time at the office.  I'd feel like a terrible person if I just threw him out on the street with no where to go. 

what's this deal where 80% of all the sublets you see are "for girls?" gender discrimination is not ok!

I would personally would feel extremely uncomfortable living with a man who isn't my boyfriend, unless we are already good friends and I know him well...

Aren't most sublets rooms in currently occupied apartments? The other women there may want to live with another woman. (I know for me personally cohabitating with a man that isn't my boyfriend would make me uncomfortable)

I would personally would feel extremely uncomfortable living with a man who isn't my boyfriend, unless we are already good friends and I know him well...

I can totally understand your point of view about that- I hate living with female roommates in general. It still sucks though, looking for a place by your grad program an realizing that many of the houses renting out rooms or roommates are selectively looking for female roommates. I found this to be in true in my search but was discouraged because many of the houses are owned by couples, it's not always a female individual just looking for a female individual.  

I hate when Windows decides to do a bunch of updates at once. Two or three is fine, but sometimes it updates 10+ (for example, right now it if doing 15 updates). I really have to pee, but I can't leave it unattended, because there are too many jerks at this school who will steal your stuff if you walk away for a minute. I once caught someone stealing my slice of pizza from a table when I walked ten feet away to get some napkins. He told me I shouldn't leave my food unattended and gave it back. Meanwhile, his girlfriend just kept a ditzy smile on her face.

I hate when Windows decides to do a bunch of updates at once. Two or three is fine, but sometimes it updates 10+ (for example, right now it if doing 15 updates). I really have to pee, but I can't leave it unattended, because there are too many jerks at this school who will steal your stuff if you walk away for a minute. I once caught someone stealing my slice of pizza from a table when I walked ten feet away to get some napkins. He told me I shouldn't leave my food unattended and gave it back. Meanwhile, his girlfriend just kept a ditzy smile on her face.

what the hell? which school is this?

did you stab him in the balls with a sharpie (the metal kind)? 

Edited by spectastic

I guess I messed up my ulnar nerve because my left pinky and ring finger have been sort of numb and tingly for the past few days. This needs to heal asap because I have an orchestra concert next week. (The fingers aren't totally numb and I can move them, but they feel weird and maybe a bit clumsier than usual, so it's a bit of a problem.) And this means I can't bike until it's better, which sucks since cycling's my main form of exercise, and I really can't afford to cut back on that.

what the hell? which school is this?

did you stab him in the balls with a sharpie (the metal kind)?

Haha just a school in the middle of Pennsylvania. No big cities nearby, so undergrads must have to resort to pizza thievery to entertain themselves. I may have stabbed him if he actually ate it.

Today's vent: people who constantly ask you to do things for them, but as soon as you need a favor, they are too busy. There's a girl in my program who probably asks me to do something every other week. This semester it's mostly been help with her statistics assignments. I help her debug her SAS code and explain when to use this test or that. Sometimes I really spend a lot of time helping her. This morning I asked her to do something that required 5 minutes of her time and she just had to walk across the hall from where she was working. Instead, I got a "I'm busy with my lab prep right now." Maybe I should have told her that last semester when she asked me to do things while I was prepping my lab materials.

And of course when I asked the lab supervisor if she could pop in and do it, she gave me a snarky reply, but at least she said she'd do it. I do lots of extra things that aren't actually part of my job (which someone else slacked off on or she didn't feel like doing because she was sick or behind on work) because she asks me to and it's not a big deal. You'd think that me asking for a small favor wouldn't be such a problem!

When you go from thinking you've got a place where you're moving to being completely unsure.

Ugh. The landlord was totally on board and then suddenly he wants my parents to cosign. My husband and I have owned a house for seven years so we don't have recent rental history is the reason. Wtf? Cause paying my mortgage isn't the same thing?

Edited by BiochemMom

When you go from thinking you've got a place where you're moving to being completely unsure.

Ugh. The landlord was totally on board and then suddenly he wants my parents to cosign. My husband and I have owned a house for seven years so we don't have recent rental history is the reason. Wtf? Cause paying my mortgage isn't the same thing?

[what you just described] = My worst nightmare about applying for an apartment in a different country than my own.

Is your husband not signing the lease? Weird when there are lots of single income families in apartments.

Is your husband not signing the lease? Weird when there are lots of single income families in apartments.

we're both signing the lease and our joint income is six times higher than the rent. It makes no logical sense. My mother was fine with it but said it was the most stupid thing she'd ever heard. (I thought it was ridiculous as well but the house is perfect for our family so it's hopefully worth it). Now I'm freaking out I've got to start looking again if the owner/landlord doesn't go for it. This is so stupid.

The more I think about it--I think he's paranoid that if we don't sell or get a tenant for our house we'd pay the mortgage and not be able to make rent. At least, that's the only thing that makes sense to me. Still frustrating cause we need somewhere to go! The house is on the market and we need to have a new place. Ahhh

The more I think about it--I think he's paranoid that if we don't sell or get a tenant for our house we'd pay the mortgage and not be able to make rent. At least, that's the only thing that makes sense to me. Still frustrating cause we need somewhere to go! The house is on the market and we need to have a new place. Ahhh

That is so bizarre. They let my boyfriend and I sign the lease to our apartment with just my offer letter and a bank statement that said he had $8000 in savings. He didn't even have a job at the time.

It's fine. Mom said yes which I knew she would. Just strange. It's a private owner not a company which might be why he's paranoid. When I emailed him mom's phone number I pointed out that we intentionally were renting a place 1/6 of our income and included a mortgage statement showing the amount we pay so we could afford both payments if it sits on the market for a while so that might've helped too. All I know is phew lease is signed.

I completely bombed a presentation today. It started out pretty well, but then when I was analyzing figures from the paper I was discussing I completely blanked on what 2 or 3 of them were. I guess it wasn't that bad, but I felt so embarrassed. I usually rock presentations! I don't know what happened :(. I even had notes on each figure so that i could talk about them, but I would look at the image and then at my notes and it was like I had never seen them before. And then when I blanked, I got super flustered and had trouble getting back on track. I kind of want to just go hide in a hole somewhere until Monday.

Issue with working with small children isn't that they call you mommy and are needy, it's the disease, they're like walking bioweapon factories or something. I keep getting sick like I need a refund on my immune system and it's getting really old, especially two years in.

Issue with working with small children isn't that they call you mommy and are needy, it's the disease, they're like walking bioweapon factories or something. I keep getting sick like I need a refund on my immune system and it's getting really old, especially two years in.

I'm having this problem on a college campus too! I feel like I'm the walking dead every 3-4 weeks! 

Well, got the apartment I wanted and am in the process of signing and mailing lease back to the landlord! So that's no longer a vent I guess.

Now waiting to hear back about a GA position I interviewed for and waiting for a dept to post their positions so I can apply. The director of the latter dept said they'd have 4 up in the next week or so, but hoping to get the first position as it's directly related to my field and I just felt good during the interview.

Waiting...sucks.

my coworker thought its okay to evaluate a person's intelligent based on their major. bxtchxs be kxazy  <_<

Maybe not intelligence but when someone is talking about the merits of spending money on an education and says it is a waste of time and money I always consider their major. 

Yes your degree in general studies or a study of the people named Bob between 1502-1503 AD is a waste of time and money, it doesn't make STEM the same. 

Just got my TA assignment for next fall. It presents a time conflict with two of the graduate seminars I was going to take. Back to square one of academic planning for next fall (sigh).

I'm about to say fxck it in regards to my last 2 or 3 weeks of undergrad. I'm through stressing over a university that does not put emphasis on students who care to do well; professors who rarely grade and provide input on assignments that you've worked so hard on; and classes where the professor could care less for if you put hard work into their courses or not. This is my last semester, and no longer will I stress over a university that does not care about academics. This place is a joke compared to the program that I got accepted to in D.C. So, I'm smooth-sailiing the last remainder of my undergrad time before the REAL DEAL starts from graduate school this Fall.

I will now place much of my stress and anxiety on gearing up and making the long-distance move to my graduate school program, instead of nonsense at this current institution. So, much needs to be done in regards to gearing up for graduate school.

Edited by Guest

So I am finding out that my program has some issues relating to FERPA, but I am not sure if they are enforceable. Like a complete lack of discretion with issues surrounding personal student data/financial info/etc. Has anyone come across this? Sort of poisons the atmosphere to know everything about everyone. Super competitive ethos+hierarchical funding+lack of discretion=?